Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some reviews that says this is loud and can be annoying? Does it bother anyone here? Is the cabin overall pretty quiet?

·
Registered
536 Posts
You can hear it but I would say it is far from annoying and overall the cabin is pretty quiet. When I am listening to music I can't hear the exhaust.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've read some reviews that says this is loud and can be annoying? Does it bother anyone here? Is the cabin overall pretty quiet?
HA I was going to make a post asking if people knew how to make it louder. I have zero issues with the exhaust on the 380 v6.

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
There are 6 pages to this thread. Go through them and then ask your question again. There are pros and cons to this discussion. I never had that much of a problem. It is however a sporty SUV not your run of the mill vehicle.

Exhaust Noise

·
Registered
575 Posts
I test drove an S and an R-Sport yesterday, and there was no intrusive or droning exhaust note on either one of them. I was able to have a conversation with the dealer without yelling or raising my voice at all, but they both sounded fantastic when you jumped on it. Then again, I have a custom exhaust on my 3.0L Volvo right now, so maybe I'm used to that sort of background noise.

But I'm curious, wouldn't you want the "purrr" if you're getting this vehicle? I'd prefer if it was a bit louder ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
HA I was going to make a post asking if people knew how to make it louder. I have zero issues with the exhaust on the 380 v6.
Had to drive home with the rear trunk/hatch door partly open last weekend in order to transport a pre-hung door purchase. The exhaust sound was extra special for that ride - really loud and delightful:D

But I appreciate the comments from some who find it irritating because at certain RPM's you can hear it almost droning (which I love too); others may not.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I like the sound..I wish it was a little deeper..But I like it anyway as it is...won't be doing any exhaust mods to this one...I'll report back here how it sounds after I get a 75 hp increase in a tune I'm installing.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
617 Posts
My Infiniti FX35 was louder, wish my F-Pace was as loud. For me, the cabin is extremely quiet which is one of many reasons I bought the car.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
My Infiniti FX35 was louder, wish my F-Pace was as loud. For me, the cabin is extremely quiet which is one of many reasons I bought the car.
I totally agree with the cabin being "extremely quiet" ! However , it is so darn quiet , I can unfortunately HEAR every word *VR* is rambling on about ! ;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I am exactly opposite of most on here. I find the exhaust to be very droning, especially near 2,000 RPM. In ECO the exhaust is very tame, extremely dialed back. But in normal and especially in dynamic you will notice the exhaust, even while listening to music.

Dont get me wrong I love the exhaust, but I don't see how people can act like it isn't loud, because it is.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
In ECO the exhaust is very tame, extremely dialed back.
Thanks Jman , this statement of yours explains my comment , as we are usually in "ECO-Mode" !

Reactions: DPK and Jman97

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am exactly opposite of most on here. I find the exhaust to be very droning, especially near 2,000 RPM. In ECO the exhaust is very tame, extremely dialed back. But in normal and especially in dynamic you will notice the exhaust, even while listening to music.

Dont get me wrong I love the exhaust, but I don't see how people can act like it isn't loud, because it is.
I love it....I have never used ECO mode, can't see the need for it myself..Kind of like putting a governor on a Race car..why?...Let them ponies loose..>:)

And GR..Love your reason for being too quiet..Now I have to clean the Dr Pepper off my monitor.:D

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I love it....I have never used ECO mode, can't see the need for it myself..Kind of like putting a governor on a Race car..why?...Let them ponies loose..>:)
Apparently you fellas overlooked a Key Word in my post ! *USUALLY* !!!

*VR* doesn't need to know what happens , when *VR* is not in the F-Pace !!! >:)

Don't worry , *GR* knows how to push the buttons to *Dynamic Mode* , and turn the Dial to *S* gear !!! ;)
*GR* likes to hear those little exhaust pipes go *Vroom Vroom* every now and then !!! >:)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
254 Posts
I find that it can drone at about 1450 rpm/50 mph.

It can be a little annoying, but I don't spend a lot of time at that speed.

Kerry

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

And GR..Love your reason for being too quiet..Now I have to clean the Dr Pepper off my monitor.:D
ECO comes in handy in a lot of situations, unless you dont mind visiting the gas station every few days. In traffic there is a HUGE difference if you are driving in ECO or dynamic. If you are in a city that has a stop sign/light every quarter mile there is a huge difference.

I do agree dynamic is the best mode to be in because the car sings a beautiful tone and handles like a real live Jaguar but there definitely is a point to having an eco mode.

Reactions: ctufieldops and DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I understand...

I go once a week to fill up..and usually it's only a half full (how I look at things)..But I'm always in Dynamic mode..Just love to see them 5.0 Mustangs driver's jaw hit their steering wheel when I smoke them off the light..>:)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I wish I heard more exhaust sound. The cabin is not as quiet as you'd expect for a luxury brand. But the two aren't necessarily related.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I wish I heard more exhaust sound. The cabin is not as quiet as you'd expect for a luxury brand. But the two aren't necessarily related.
Very true, road and wind noise are very apparent in the cabin, especially at speed. I would have really appreciated a double pane window on all four doors; Lexus does this and it works wonders for wind noise. But I do disagree with you on the exhaust. I think it is very apparent, maybe its because I came from a Lexus GS that had no exhaust unless you got it up to 5000 RPM but I think it is very noticeable inside and outside of the car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't find the exhaust loud. Wish it were louder.
And to me the cabin is quiet. Dec build.
My x3 is noisier inside.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I specifically drive almost exclusively in 'Dynamic' mode using the paddles on my FE 380 V6. Gas mileage? Phi-t-t-t-t! Who cares! I love the sound and feel of the vehicle coming off this wide open set up. Now, with the windows open, it can get loud - can almost sound like a street-adjusted, Formula 1 car going through turns and straightaways when you really punch it. That said, however, with the windows closed, at that setting, cabin noise is held down and not particularly disruptive to conversation or media usage. So, that's the setting when wife is NOT in the vehicle. For her, I'm forced to adjust settings to either 'Normal' or most times, 'Eco' automatic, which is so quiet I feel like I may be in my grandfather's massive Lincoln Continental. And, that's OK too, if that's what you're looking for. You really can get the best of both worlds. For me, though, the passive settings will stay dark.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts