Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've heard alot regarding exhausts like getting a quicksilver exhaust system for $1300 plus install. Sounds deeper and louder. I'm looking to do similar without spending that much. Also don't want check engine light to go on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Check engine light shouldn't come on with an exhaust change as long as you don't pull the Cat or any wires that connect to the exhaust. You pretty much could have any local muffler shop to replaced everything from the cat back with new piping and mufflers they carry (such as Borla or Flowmaster) and you could see what you get. That will be potentially cheaper than the quicksilver and more than likely deeper sounding than stock but a bit of a crap shoot on the sound. Or you can buys a quicksilver or some other axle back system and bolt it on.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
10 Posts
I have the Quicksilver installed. As said above, you won't get a check engine light. This exhaust is made for these cars so the sound you get is a given. If you go sticking just anything on there, there is no telling what you'll get out of it. It's probably more predictable just to get the Quicksilver. One a 1-10 on difficulty, this is about a 2: you don't even need to put the thing on ramps. I would rate it a 1 but the rubber muffler hanger things are kind of a pain to get off unless you go down and get the special tool. I recommend Quicksilver enthusiastically.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thank you. I wonder if changing it or adding a quicksilver would void the warranty from Jag?

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
10 Posts
No, not to worry about that. Putting mods on any car doesn't affect overall warranty. If something does go wrong that may lead to a connection to a mod, the manufacturer would have to prove it. This exhaust is such a minimal part, it won't have any affect on the whole vehicle. In fact I don't think Quicksilver even promises any changes in power. The cat's would need to be swapped for that to happen as they are the limiting factor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Drewsky208...what do you think about the Quicksilver exhaust? How much louder is it than normal? I've not heard of that yet...love my F Pace P400 but I do wish it would talk a bit more (but don't want loud)... sorry if you've posted about this somewhere else?

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S
10 Posts
I loooove the Quicksilver! It makes that supercharged V6 really make its presence known when I push the go-fast pedal. It is loudER, but it isn't obnoxious-loud. The sound is throaty, muscular and refined and at higher rpms, really has that Jaguar "growl" one would expect. When not mashing on it, it's just a rumble and essentially gets out of the way. I definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the velocity ap touring. Definitely happy with the sound, and was exactly what I was looking for. Quicksilver sounds great too. Don’t think you could go wrong with either product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention I contacted Jaguar before installing just to confirm that it wouldn’t impact the warranty at all. Obviously any new parts aren’t covered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Quicksilver installed. As said above, you won't get a check engine light. This exhaust is made for these cars so the sound you get is a given. If you go sticking just anything on there, there is no telling what you'll get out of it. It's probably more predictable just to get the Quicksilver. One a 1-10 on difficulty, this is about a 2: you don't even need to put the thing on ramps. I would rate it a 1 but the rubber muffler hanger things are kind of a pain to get off unless you go down and get the special tool. I recommend Quicksilver enthusiastically.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Than
Check engine light shouldn't come on with an exhaust change as long as you don't pull the Cat or any wires that connect to the exhaust. You pretty much could have any local muffler shop to replaced everything from the cat back with new piping and mufflers they carry (such as Borla or Flowmaster) and you could see what you get. That will be potentially cheaper than the quicksilver and more than likely deeper sounding than stock but a bit of a crap shoot on the sound. Or you can buys a quicksilver or some other axle back system and bolt it on.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What about exhaust drone on any of these ?
Any suggestions regarding a flowmaster muffler? Which one?Forget quicksilver. 5 weeks to make and then shipping. Plus when all said and done it's around $2000 after install, tax, delivery etc..

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Echmann,

Best approach would be tell your exhaust guy (who is going to do the work) the sound you are looking for, and let him recommend a set of mufflers that hopefully will work. I don't know if anyone here put a flowmax on their F-Pace v6 yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts