Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2016 2.5t Prestige with 12,500 - purchased from Jaguar dealer in November with 6000 mile. Just been in for service and advised to change rear pads (3.5mm) while front pads are still at 7mm, which i find highly unusual. Has anyone else had similar?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 2016 2.5t Prestige with 12,500 - purchased from Jaguar dealer in November with 6000 mile. Just been in for service and advised to change rear pads (3.5mm) while front pads are still at 7mm, which i find highly unusual. Has anyone else had similar?
I have 2017 fpace S. Aggressive driving. Just changed front and back rotors and pads and sensors. Total cost 1659$ after 300 off at delership. After 40k of driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 I purchased new and was told the same at 12000 mi. I was told that because of the torque vectoring system, the rear breaks wear fastest due to automatic application of breaking while turning and or maneuvering to support stability or something like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many modern Jags have that issue. My local independent told me to watch my '11 XJL @ 30k for rear pads because the emergency brake is the rear discs and heat soaks which deteriorates it quicker. Had to change the brakes at 32k on the rear. Bought a '17 F-Pace this past December with 33k and the Lexus dealer had just replaced the rear pads, My '17 Ford Escape needed rear brakes at around 32k. Oh well...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was having the squeal issue with my rear pads. Dealer kept saying that the pads are "almost unsafe". When I changed them they had 3/4 life left. Really you should take the tire off and check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2017 Premium, 35T, 19" wheels, 26K miles
I just rotated the tires myself for the first time (incorrectly thought it was a JLR prescribed maintenance item). I don't know whether the wheels had ever come off before (though they should have during annual maintenance). I do know that they were at least not overtorqued which is a good thing considering the wheel locks that are installed. But I did notice that I will probably need to replace the rear pads within a year or so. The fronts have plenty of friction material left. My wife is a conservative driver, so there definitely seems to be a trend with Jag wear on the rear brakes. Some of the vehicles I've owned have had "lifetime" rear brakes, lol.

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
41 Posts
Yes, a foreman from a JLR service dept advised me that the torque vectoring, smaller rear brakes, and especially using the active cruise on busy roads or highway where the vehicle is using brakes (while the gas is still on) to keep the distance from the vehicle ahead. My last XF-4.2L supercharged and my XFR both had the rear brakes worn out before the fronts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts