Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aPrestige, adaptive dynamics with light load tire pressure.

Continental contacts tires
I seem to have more body roll than my Buick Enclave
Seems this shouldn't be happening.
Anyone else?

Reactions: ndabunka

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have aPrestige, adaptive dynamics with light load tire pressure.

Continental contacts tires
I seem to have more body roll than my Buick Enclave
Seems this shouldn't be happening.
Anyone else?
Hm, its hard to tell what you consider to be excessive body roll. This is an SUV so it will have body roll no matter how taut the suspension and dampers are but I find it to be very minimal, even when making quick maneuvers. So if it seems abnormal it may be worth a visit to your dealer.

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dingy on a windy sea��

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine seems pretty solid, maybe time to see the dealer.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mine has a decent (but not excessive) amount of body roll, but I believe it's just due to the vehicle being an SUV. This is the first SUV I've ever owned. i drove two rental SUVs before and from what I remember, they exhibited significantly more body roll than the FP. Overall, the FP holds the road very well, but it's definitely not a sports car.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a dingy on a windy sea��

For godsakes, get it to h3ll away from the ocean...I sea your problem in your AVATAR:nerd:

Sorry GR is rubbing off on me..:D

Reactions: MTHM and Caymus

·
Registered
52 Posts
First question, what wheels size and tires do you have? I have the same model as you but upgraded the wheels to 20", if you still have the 19" you will have more "tire flex" on-top of the suspension flex

I owned a Jeep grand Cherokee, granted 10 years ago. I did upgraded the shocks and swaybars, bilstein and 200% stiffer swaybar with disconnects and that thing still rolled way more then the F-Pace.

Like the other people have said, our F-pace is and SUV and more top heavy then cars. But, me coming from sport cars I am very impressed how the well it handles the curves for an "SUV" if anything I feel like I am in a car when driving my F-Pace.

To sum it up, bigger wheels and lower tire walls will defiantly help but that comes with its own draw backs. Everything in cars is a give and take, change one thing for the better at the cost of another, Goal should be a happy medium.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For godsakes, get it to h3ll away from the ocean...I sea your problem in your AVATAR:nerd:

Sorry GR is rubbing off on me..:D
Only room for one GR. Get offa his cloud

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just a little bit in my prestige, but no adaptive dynamics. Feels planted when I take a corner quickly after the initial body sway/roll.

Could be an issue with the stiffness of the tire sidewall. What stock tire came with your FP?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a little bit in my prestige, but no adaptive dynamics. Feels planted when I take a corner quickly after the initial body sway/roll.

Could be an issue with the stiffness of the tire sidewall. What stock tire came with your FP?
Continental Contacts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First question, what wheels size and tires do you have? I have the same model as you but upgraded the wheels to 20", if you still have the 19" you will have more "tire flex" on-top of the suspension flex

I owned a Jeep grand Cherokee, granted 10 years ago. I did upgraded the shocks and swaybars, bilstein and 200% stiffer swaybar with disconnects and that thing still rolled way more then the F-Pace.

Like the other people have said, our F-pace is and SUV and more top heavy then cars. But, me coming from sport cars I am very impressed how the well it handles the curves for an "SUV" if anything I feel like I am in a car when driving my F-Pace.

To sum it up, bigger wheels and lower tire walls will defiantly help but that comes with its own draw backs. Everything in cars is a give and take, change one thing for the better at the cost of another, Goal should be a happy medium.

Hope this helps
I have the continental contacts. 19 inch. I come from an x3. Maybe that's it

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I put in 40 psi in each tire..per the DIC recommendation....Just thought I'd throw that out there:eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have different tires, 20" wheels. On the light load setting my recommended pressure is 34; high load is 40. I find my dealer is ALWAYS setting the pressure to 40 even though I run at the low load setting. At 40 lbs and low load setting my car wobbled all over the road; not so at 35 lbs and low load. Just a thought to check your tire pressure to see if it matches the load setting.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Does the TPMS light vs heavy mode change anything else (like dynamic suspension) besides the tpms notification?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Does the TPMS light vs heavy mode change anything else (like dynamic suspension) besides the tpms notification?
I haven't been able to get an answer on this question. I've asked my service guys at the JLR dealership and they are clueless on some of the more deeper config questions like this. I would think that it would do something, otherwise why ask the question and allow the config. However, that something may only be changing when the TPMS warns you, and more than likely that is all it does.

Caymus, I think your real issue with roll is the 19" and the taller sidewall on the tires with those rims. The Conti's are great tires, but you have a lot more sidewall to flex than my F-Pace does with it's 22s. You also more than likely have a much more smooth ride over bumps than me due to that as well. However, the 22s will carve a turn much better than the 19s when every thing else is equal.

With that said, even with 22s, my F-Pace will lean in a turn when I push it hard. Not lean like I saw with my Pilot, or even lean like I saw with my Q7 but it does lean more than my M45 and Accord Coupe (which were both lowered), and it's just a factor of it being an SUV and the center of gravity being higher. The lighter weight helps when compared to the Pilot and Q7, as does the wider track. However, Adaptive Dynamics, the wider track, 22" tires can't make up for the physics that the car sits higher. It's going to lean. You could fix that by lowering it, but the easiest fix to help a bit would be bigger rims and lower tire sidewalls.

I just ordered by summer wheel and tire setup and I went with 22s. 10.5 rims, but I was hunting for 21s. I think that is where the sweet spot may be for ride quality with handling on the f-pace. I also had 295/40 R21s Continental DWS' from my Q7 laying around with only 4k miles on them (with the SLine 21 inch rims if any of you guys have Q7s and want to upgrade). However, the pickings for 21s X 10 or 10.5 are not high out there. Options were slim so I went with the 22s again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Definitely partly due to the stock Contis. I just had those removed and put on some 255/50/19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS Plus. I have noticed it is stiffer in turns. Amazing what a 3.3% difference in sidewall makes. And the treadwear on the Pirellis is great - my Conti's only lasted 15k miles. While they were good, for the money there are much better options out there.

Reactions: P.J.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely partly due to the stock Contis. I just had those removed and put on some 255/50/19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS Plus. I have noticed it is stiffer in turns. Amazing what a 3.3% difference in sidewall makes. And the treadwear on the Pirellis is great - my Conti's only lasted 15k miles. While they were good, for the money there are much better options out there.
WHEN these wear out I'll get some better tires. Thanks reckon

Reactions: P.J.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts