Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in additional information on the Event Data Recorder and how to access the data if at all possible. Just curious if it recorded during my little accident. From the manual:

The EDR is designed to record data related to vehicle dynamics and safety systems for a short period of time, typically 30 seconds or less. The EDR in this vehicle is designed to record such data as:

How various systems in your vehicle were operating;

Whether or not the driver and passenger safety belts were buckled/fastened;

How far (if at all) the driver was depressing the accelerator and/or brake pedal; and,

How fast the vehicle was traveling.

To read data recorded by an EDR, special equipment is required, and access to the vehicle or the EDR is needed

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
You can't but the dealer/Insurance company/PD can if it were needed. Without looking at the the thread you posted remind me about the accident.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't but the dealer/Insurance company/PD can if it were needed. Without looking at the the thread you posted remind me about the accident.
rear-ended at low speed by a drunk driver, it may not have been enough to even set off the EDR, but some other post had me looking at the owner's manual and came across the section on the EDR and it got me curious.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
The problem is you have been driving the car so the memory has been written over. If the car was left without being driver further there would have been something. Didn't you settle with your insurance Co. Wasn't he DUI? The recorder is not like a flight data recorder. Especially since you have driven it so much since the accident.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts