Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to enhance the gas milage on an F Pace? I feel like I am at the gas station every day and it sucks. :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, if you have the S version like me then you are probably getting 21-23 mpg on a regular basis. Keep in mind, the FPace (at least the first 2-3 years) only have a 16 gallon tank. This is small for an SUV. Most have around 20 gallons. My guess this is why you are filling up all the time but note you are putting in less gas than an Average SUV fill up.

Other things you can do:
1. Find another F Pace and draft very closely behind them
2. Keep your RPM's below 1500 - this might extend all your trips times 2 to get there
3. Keep your settings on Economy and D mode all the time and never turn on your A/C
4. Pull a Barney Rubble

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, if you have the S version like me then you are probably getting 21-23 mpg on a regular basis. Keep in mind, the FPace (at least the first 2-3 years) only have a 16 gallon tank. This is small for an SUV. Most have around 20 gallons. My guess this is why you are filling up all the time but note you are putting in less gas than an Average SUV fill up.

Other things you can do:
1. Find another F Pace and draft very closely behind them
2. Keep your RPM's below 1500 - this might extend all your trips times 2 to get there
3. Keep your settings on Economy and D mode all the time and never turn on your A/C
4. Pull a Barney Rubble

Good luck.
Option 1 is what I do.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is there a way to enhance the gas milage on an F Pace? I feel like I am at the gas station every day and it sucks. :(
Just curious, but what mileage were you expecting?

I get 11-17 mpg around town, and can get up to 25 mpg on the highway if I behave (ECO mode, stay at or below the speed limit, etc.). But I rarely behave! 0:)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I think there V6 does well with Mileage for what it is and the power it has. You do need to stay out of the throttle hard, and casually accelerate if you want to get decent mileage though. That is how ECO mode helps. But I never use it. AS for being at the gas station frequently, it's the tank size more than the mileage. I just stop and fill up anytime I have time and am passing a gas station that I'm comfortable with using.

·
Registered
334 Posts
So, basic questions that others can use to compare:

1. What's the range (distance) you're seeing before you need to fill up? You say it feels like every other day; but how far do you travel between fill-ups?
  2. What kind of fuel mileage (mpg) are you seeing?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Last time I had the trip computer monitor the highway mileage I was getting about 25-26 m/gal cruising at about 70mph using Mobil 93. Didn't have crossbars or carrier on the car so less drag, and not carrying a lot of passenger load. Generally I try to keep from jamming on the accelerator unless necessary (or I fell the urge >:)). Yes, tank is small but I don't notice a significant difference from my other AWD cars on mileage - unless of course it's self-inflicted. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts