Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 FPace 78,000km. we have been happy with our FPace, it only does basic local driving and some longer trips to the snow and back (600kms). Last month it went into limp mode whilst in a round about - no other warnings. Took it for service and informed that we need a new engine?#$%# I have found one other similar case.
Out of warranty at +4 years old and very expensive repair??
No answers as yet re detail fo the engine failure. Our dealer that we bought the car from has stopped taking Jaguar roadside repairs so have to go to a dealer 60km away.
Very poor service!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 FPace 78,000km. we have been happy with our FPace, it only does basic local driving and some longer trips to the snow and back (600kms). Last month it went into limp mode whilst in a round about - no other warnings. Took it for service and informed that we need a new engine?#$%# I have found one other similar case.
No answers as yet re detail fo the engine failure. Our dealer that we bought the car from has stopped taking Jaguar roadside repairs so have to go to a dealer 60km away.
Very poor service!
I also have a 2017 F Pace S and it’s been at the dealer three weeks while they diagnose a loud valve clicking noise- final decision is to replace motor ( fortunately covered under extended warranty- was CPO purchase ) only 38,800 miles- this occurred after a coolant leak and subsequent water pump replacement two months ago at another Jaguar dealer- can’t help but believe in water pump reassemble something got screwed up..no explanation yet as to why the replacement or why the engine is bad..JR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very poor service!
You didn't mention which engine you have?

I have a 20d, and right at the 6 year mark, we were told the engine needed replacing.

It took a couple of months of back and forth with Jaguar corporate support, and they agreed to cover 50% of the repairs.

Now we are at about 6 months later, and we finally found out an engine is on its way and due to arrive at the dealer some time next week.

Then, maybe another month of waiting for it to be finished.

Total bill (Pacific Northwest, United States) looks to be around $18k before splitting the cost with Jaguar.

FWIW, despite the long wait, I think the dealer has been very fair with us, given all the supply chain issues.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You didn't mention which engine you have?

I have a 20d, and right at the 6 year mark, we were told the engine needed replacing.

It took a couple of months of back and forth with Jaguar corporate support, and they agreed to cover 50% of the repairs.

Now we are at about 6 months later, and we finally found out an engine is on its way and due to arrive at the dealer some time next week.

Then, maybe another month of waiting for it to be finished.

Total bill (Pacific Northwest, United States) looks to be around $18k before splitting the cost with Jaguar.

FWIW, despite the long wait, I think the dealer has been very fair with us, given all the supply chain issues.
What did they say did it in? Certainly reading more about 20D’s going bad lately…We are hoping to keep this vehicle for a while…. How many miles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts