Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I was driving to south city for summer holiday with my family, and in the middle of the way, we stopped with our F-Pace (model year:2017) at traffic lights, and suddenly our car‘s engine completely stopped. At first, I thought that it is related with start stop battery. After some minutes I tried to restart but it didn’t work. Then, my service contact told me that send the car with tow truck to service.

After two weeks, they told me engine was somehow locked and it must be replaced with new one. I requested clear report about this, but nothing shared. During driving I didn’t hear any noise from engine, nothing was showed in the driver screen. Now I don’t know, what I have to do.

Please give me advice/ share opinions, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
Did you tow the car to a JLR dealer? I have never heard of anything like this before, so I would have the car towed to another mechanic and get a second opinion. Something just isn't right here.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Definitely a pisser, but it can happen. My Dad had to have an engine replaced on his Rolls, so you're in good company. The difference, though, he didn't have to sit around for 2 months (and counting). I wouldn't bother trying to take it somewhere else - it's not like a local garage is going to fix it, and another Jag dealer is bound to be a LONG ways away.
JLR should be providing a loaner and/or an extension on your warranty to cover the time you been without the car. There certainly should be engines available since it's not like they're making cars right now. Also, check your auto insurance in case you have coverage (but put the pressure on JLR first to avoid a claim, if possible). Make noise and be persistent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for comment, in Turkey, JAG is selling their cars with 3 years warranty (or 80.000 km, which one is over first). My car has just 44.300 km, but because of age they told me I have to pay for engine replacement.
And it makes about 28.500$ (we have enormous tax rates+almost no reducement on price by JAG).
On the otherhand, I am still not sure that this replacement is necessary.

In the meantime I wrote to JAG customer care, and I had so much hope in the beginning, but after intensive email traffic in a month, they told that your main contact is our local dealer, they already informed you about next step.

Till this problem, I was very happy with my car, but now unfortunately nobody cares and I as JAG customer feel myself vey bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading similar cases in forums, I think that it could be related with starter before engine.

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
180 Posts
I just cannot believe that a car with 44300km/27500miles needs a new engine! Even in Turkey you must have mechanics who are more qualified to work on a Jaguar than those employed at the JLR dealer. If you have a local Jaguar club, check with them regarding a trusted mechanic. JLR dealers are for cars that are covered by warrantee.

Stu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks again, yes I agree, nowadays searching for right mechanics, next week I’ll update.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi again, in the meantime I found another place, which have experienced mechanics for JLR cars. But the state is moving slowly because they are so busy w these cars:)) I’ll share my case hopefully this month w pictures

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, it's a hopeless situation!! Here in italy F-Pace are dying like flies!! The problem is well known but JLR denies it: engine is faulty since the beginning (not to mention many other flaws) and after some years/km (let's say 80.000, but earlier as well) it breaks itself! NO chance: 15 to 20 € thousand to have it changed!!
In two months I'll get my new car and I just hope and pray for this beautiful but horrendous F-Pace to last for this period.!!
Nevermore JLR!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts