Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I always thought that the engine cover smothered this beautiful engine and trapping in excessive residual heat, to heat soak all the plastics and rubbers to prematurely age...And if you never knew it was there, you wouldn't think anything was missing.

Additional bonus, is that you can hear the mating call of the Supercharger better now..I mean the S/R and Base models all look alike and sport this beast of an engine..I like the looks of it like this..

But I realize there are those that wish to remain conservative and hide their lights under a lampshade. I completely understand.;)

Reactions: theweeb and GRVR

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
DPK , You are such a *RENEGADE* !!! ;)

Now if all of a sudden the PAINT on the Hood starts BUBBLING , don't come crying to me ! >:)

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Well, I always thought that the engine cover smothered this beautiful engine and trapping in excessive residual heat, to heat soak all the plastics and rubbers to prematurely age...And if you never knew it was there, you wouldn't think anything was missing.

Additional bonus, is that you can hear the mating call of the Supercharger better now..I mean the S/R and Base models all look alike and sport this beast of an engine..I like the looks of it like this..

But I realize there are those that wish to remain conservative and hide their lights under a lampshade. I completely understand.;)

I always thought there was a safety reason for the engine cover to remain on... sure it won't do damage to the hood if it remains off?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I always thought there was a safety reason for the engine cover to remain on... sure it won't do damage to the hood if it remains off?
Hey Jman , You Snooze You Lose ! I beat you to that comment ! >:)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Valid concerns....However, the hood is underlined with heat insulation for that reason..The Engine cover would make no difference being on or off...It's only purpose it serves, is purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
278 Posts
How often do you look at your engine?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Many on the F-Type forum have done this (with the same engine) and have actually seen some benefit regarding operating temperatures in hot climates, with NO adverse effects. Some on that forum - and I tend to agree - state that the plastic cover is there simply for looks, to "clean up" the compartment to make it appealing to buyers when they open the hood, as most who open the hood have NO IDEA what they are looking at, and want a pretty face greeting them.

Just keep it in storage for when you go to sell, so you can put the lipstick back on...

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
@GRVR I must have posted right after you haha.
Interesting I thought the engine cover had more of a purpose than just making the engine compartment look pretty. I am going to try this when I go out tonight as Im interested in seeing the sound difference.

P.S. If any paint bubbling occurs I will be sure to send you all the bill ;)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Don't send *GR* any part of a "bill" !!! DPK is taking the full blame for this one !!! >:)
Need I remind you all of *GR's* constant concern of *WARRANTY* Issues ??? ;)
What if there are other hoses or parts under the hood , but outside of the cover , that could be adversely affected ??? :eek:

Reactions: DPK and Jman97

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't send *GR* any part of a "bill" !!! DPK is taking the full blame for this one !!! >:)
Need I remind you all of *GR's* constant concern of *WARRANTY* Issues ??? ;)
What if there are other hoses or parts under the hood , but outside of the cover , that could be adversely affected ??? :eek:
DPK said:
But I realize there are those that wish to remain conservative and hide their lights under a lampshade. I completely understand.

I rest my case:D

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@GRVR I must have posted right after you haha.
Interesting I thought the engine cover had more of a purpose than just making the engine compartment look pretty. I am going to try this when I go out tonight as Im interested in seeing the sound difference.

While you're at it..Once you stop somewhere for a while to cop a feel of your girl friend>:)..Go give the hood a feel in the middle somewhere..note to yourself on how cool it feels.;)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Take off the cover and make it look something like this!
I don't think under the hood of the F-Pace could ever look that *AWESOME* !!! >:)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Valid concerns....However, the hood is underlined with heat insulation for that reason..The Engine cover would make no difference being on or off...It's only purpose it serves, is purely cosmetic.
How do you know that with certainty?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
How do you know that with certainty?
I'm real certain..you'll just have to open your hood and see for yourself..I suggested Jman to feel his hood after a run and see how cool it was..Even you can do that, can't you?

Or read the entire thread again...

PS..see the picture Mashie posted?...Nuff said.;)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 51 Posts