Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my Ram 1500 Ecodiesel the engine block heater was already installed. To activate it the dealer merely installs the cord. Actually I bought my own cord for a fraction of what the dealer was charging.

Question is: Does Jaguar do the same on the Ingenium 2.0? Is the block heater installed on every production engine only awaiting a cord to make it active?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Why do you need an engine block heater? For Tennessee? I lived in Minnesota for 15 years, many 20+ degrees below ZERO winters and never needed an engine block heater.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would also be interested in knowing ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Don't need it for starting; however, it does give you a head start on warming the water that the heater uses. Instant heat is a nice thing. So Trek, if you have a diesel FP, pop that hood and see if there is a block heater on that thing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Why do you need an engine block heater? For Tennessee? I lived in Minnesota for 15 years, many 20+ degrees below ZERO winters and never needed an engine block heater.
Diesels run much cooler than gas engines and they dont even warm up until you start driving them so a block heater can help warm the cabin quicker after the car is started too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Pseudonym - I see you are supposed to receive your F-Pace in the middle of June. Did you get the Diesel? If so, give us a report when yours arrives. I don't want to order an engine block heater if it is already installed on the block during production.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pseudonym's signature states FPace S. In the US the S is only in supercharged gas. So I don't think he is getting diesel.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Don't need it for starting; however, it does give you a head start on warming the water that the heater uses. Instant heat is a nice thing. So Trek, if you have a diesel FP, pop that hood and see if there is a block heater on that thing.
I understand now. I've never owned a diesel, so I was unaware of this quirk. But you've given me yet another reason to never own a diesel. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2010 Jetta TDI and never heard of this engine block heater...

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
I'm looking through my Vista order printout for my S (gasoline) that I have on order. I noticed in the depths of it is says "G10Z Less Block Heater." This implies to me that there is a block heater available UNLESS this is a Vista configuration item from another type of vehicle.

Also Jaguar of Calgary has an F-Type listed with a block heater. If they have it for the F-Type surely it's an option for F-Pace:

New 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE | New 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE, Storm Grey, JN577 | Calgary, AB

·
Registered
358 Posts
My 2.0d Vista order also says Less Block Heater. On that note, it also says Less Glove Box, so who knows what I'll get in August...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it is an orderable option for the F-Pace. I am trying to find out if a block heater is installed on all 2.0 diesel Ingenium engines during engine production or as an option during automobile production as per the build sheet.

It is common among producers of diesel engines to install block heaters during engine production and leave it to the vehicle maker to activate the heater by installing the cord. Chrysler and VM Motors do this with the 3.0 Ecodiesel. At customer request the Chrysler dealer can install a block heater on the Ecodiesel which is a $95.00 option. What Chrysler does not divulge is that the heater is already there minus the cord. All they do is snap on a $2.00 cord and charge $95.00 for it.

So, does Jaguar do he same thing? Do all 2.0 Ingenium diesels have block heaters installed during production? If so, you don't have to order the option, just install your own cord.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes, it is an orderable option for the F-Pace.
My dealer has been looking into this. Standard in Canada, not offered in the US. They are checking to see if it can be installed after the fact (the Range Rover block heater can be installed by substituting the heater assembly for a freeze plug but they do not yet offer the new diesel motor so no help there).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even if your Diesel or even Gas engine start when cold outside it is damaging the cylinder walls of the engine. I won't own anything but a turbo diesel. My XE is averaging 44MPG with lots of power even at the 7800' elevation where I live.

·
Registered
145 Posts
20d engine block heater

I'm looking through my Vista order printout for my S (gasoline) that I have on order. I noticed in the depths of it is says "G10Z Less Block Heater." This implies to me that there is a block heater available UNLESS this is a Vista configuration item from another type of vehicle.

Also Jaguar of Calgary has an F-Type listed with a block heater. If they have it for the F-Type surely it's an option for F-Pace:

New 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE | New 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE, Storm Grey, JN577 | Calgary, AB
No recent posts. Anyone had success researching the US availability of an add on. Jaguar, or other source?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Even if nothing is offered, you can always buy an in line one for your lower radiator hose and splice it in. Not difficult to do and will definitely do the job. Have done it on other vehicles and they work great. Hot water= Warm engine....:0

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I don't know if it was Canada F-PACERS or where they were from , but a while back , I thought I saw photos that were posted in a thread , of the *Plug-In Port* in the front bumper , for the Block Heater ???

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
@TLockhart did your dealer get any info on this? It's something I'd also be interested in if we ever move North again.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'm not foo fooing a block heater, but unless you consistently see temps of 5-10 deg F or below or your vehicle sits outside in the winter... block heaters really aren't necessary.... I'd more want to hear that the DEF line is heated..( It can freeze...). Winter diesel mix is a given in any cold climate, and a shot of Power Service in a full tank may be warranted in an excessive cold snap, (Negative digits..) but these vehicles warm up rather quickly after you get them moving.
I Have factory block heaters on both of my other 2 diesels, have never used the one in the JGC, and only used in the Cummins until switching to 5-40 T6 SYN Rotella years ago.. Hard to turn over 3 gallons of 15-40 that is like pudding at 0F with that big crank....!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts