Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this feature that comes in the Vision Package?

If so, does it give you an audible/visual warning before it starts auto braking?

Has it saved you from a collision completely or has it only mitigated the collision?

·
Registered
196 Posts

If so, does it give you an audible/visual warning before it starts auto braking?

Has it saved you from a collision completely or has it only mitigated the collision?
I have not gone that far but had two episodes recently while driving some one cut in front of me and decided to slow down.
I got a red warning alert with an audible beep.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I get the audible light probably more than I should, I've seen it many times in 11.5k miles. Reason, maybe I drive a bit too quickly and I tend not to be patient with people who take forever to make a right turn by slowing down to nearly zero mph to execute it. However, I've never had the car brake itself from an emergency point of view. The audible warning comes on to me about 20 to 50 feet when you are traveling at a rate that is quicker than the car in front of you. I've never just let the car go and see if it would stop on it's own. if I had a big block of styrofoam I could put in front of it to test it I would.

With that said, I also have the radar cruise which will apply the brakes on its own and will fully stop the car in traffic if the traffic stops in front of you and this I use all the time. It works very well and will stop the car about 10 feet from the car in front.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey JagFPace1 ! Just like myjaguar , I have also experienced the *Red Warning Alert* and *Audible Beep* , but when mine has occurred , I actually think it is happening WAY TOO SOON !!! Even passengers in my F-Pace will jump and say "What was That?" !!! Because it goes off when a vehicle WAY OUT in front of me swerves into my lane , or a vehicle WAY OUT in front of me brakes suddenly !!! I know it is a *SAFETY* feature , but I kinda wish it could be adjusted , as I feel it is OVERLY SENSITIVE !!! Just like PA-FPace-F , I have never had the vehicle actually BRAKE on it's own either !!!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Ive never had this go on, which is a bit concerning because I drive very aggressively. And if what other people are saying is true than mine should be going off very often. I tailgate a lot, brake last minute, swerve to get around slow turning drivers etc. etc. so mine should be going crazy.

Never have had an accident but yes I know I drive like a D-bag ;)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Ive never had this go on, which is a bit concerning because I drive very aggressively. And if what other people are saying is true than mine should be going off very often. I tailgate a lot, brake last minute, swerve to get around slow turning drivers etc. etc. so mine should be going crazy.

Never have had an accident but yes I know I drive like a D-bag ;)
Actually Jman , it sounds like you might want to ask the drivers around you if THEIR *Emergency Autonomous Braking* ALERTS are going CRAZY , due to YOUR driving !!! >:)

Reactions: bpmba and Jman97

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts

As others have pointed out at you it beeps first, at least in the "it looks like the car in front of you is too close and I calculate you could have a collision" situation.

I've had it fully engage once passing an 18 wheeler on a curve on I-70 in mountains. I was in left lane going truck by as we both started around the curve. Because of our relative positions the system misinterpreted the truck next me as a potential collision and slammed on the brakes. This caused the pickup tightly tailgating me to almost hit me, would have been his fault. The manual warns that this situation can arise and it has only happend once in 10,000 miles.

As you probably know it's designed to reduce the severity of impact not prevent accidents though it would seem to be able to do that at low speeds.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've had the brakes applied a couple of times. But the alert is going off a lot. Really like it since so many in TO drive as Jman97 describes. ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think all of the above replies may be from those with the Drivers Assistance package. It works differently than the AEB that comes with the vision package.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I think all of the above replies may be from those with the Drivers Assistance package. It works differently than the AEB that comes with the vision package.
No driver assist pack. But I have an S and the AEB comes standard. Forward alert and AEB are two different things. AEB is optional on lower trims and standard on the R-sport (I believe) and S. Forward alert is optional with the driver assist pack only. Either way, I've never had AEB go off, not sure if I should be concerned if its working or not.

Like PA-Fpace said, I wish I had a large car like foam block or something similar to test it.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey Storm Grey ! I'll have to respectfully disagree with this statement ! In my brochure , it states that *AEB* is a stand alone *Standard* feature on the *R-Sport & S models ONLY* , and not even available for the other models ! It is also NOT part of ANY Optional Package ! The *Vision Package* includes optional Headlights , Front & rear PARKING aids , Blind Spot monitoring , and Reverse Traffic Detection ! The *Driver Assistance Package* includes Adaptive Cruise Control , Surround Camera System , Traffic Sign Recognition , Park Assist , and 360-degree Park Distance Control ! I would think ALL of these features would notify the driver , just by a simple beep beep warning !

That being said , I am pretty sure that what we are experiencing is in fact , the *AEB* system doing it's thing ! The way the ALARM goes off , you would think a MAJOR IMPACT is about to occur ! I feel that the reason we do not feel the BRAKES being applied , is because the notification is happening WAY before an Impact would actually occur !

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Storm Grey ! I'll have to respectfully disagree with this statement ! In my brochure , it states that *AEB* is a stand alone *Standard* feature on the *R-Sport & S models ONLY* , and not even available for the other models ! It is also NOT part of ANY Optional Package ! The *Vision Package* includes optional Headlights , Front & rear PARKING aids , Blind Spot monitoring , and Reverse Traffic Detection ! The *Driver Assistance Package* includes Adaptive Cruise Control , Surround Camera System , Traffic Sign Recognition , Park Assist , and 360-degree Park Distance Control ! I would think ALL of these features would notify the driver , just by a simple beep beep warning !

That being said , I am pretty sure that what we are experiencing is in fact , the *AEB* system doing it's thing ! The way the ALARM goes off , you would think a MAJOR IMPACT is about to occur ! I feel that the reason we do not feel the BRAKES being applied , is because the notification is happening WAY before an Impact would actually occur !
I get all of that. But I was referring to the original posters question.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I get the warning often, had the braking a couple times. Can't shed any light on what comes with which package based on what I have because it's a loaded S. I can say when it brakes you are not going to have any doubts about whether it engaged, ABS will be felt and heard and you're going to be dog chained by the seat belt. If your like me this is going to be followed by a certain person giving vent to her displeasure. o_O

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey JagFPace1 ! Just like myjaguar , I have also experienced the *Red Warning Alert* and *Audible Beep* , but when mine has occurred , I actually think it is happening WAY TOO SOON !!! Even passengers in my F-Pace will jump and say "What was That?" !!! Because it goes off when a vehicle WAY OUT in front of me swerves into my lane , or a vehicle WAY OUT in front of me brakes suddenly !!! I know it is a *SAFETY* feature , but I kinda wish it could be adjusted , as I feel it is OVERLY SENSITIVE !!! Just like PA-FPace-F , I have never had the vehicle actually BRAKE on it's own either !!!
It is adjustable - just like the ACC.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I get all of that. But I was referring to the original posters question.
Oh' , Ok ! So you do agree that the *AEB* does NOT "come with the Vision Package" ?
And also , you agree that the *warning alert* we are experiencing is indeed the *AEB* feature ?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
It is adjustable - just like the ACC.
THANKS ! That is GREAT News ! I will have to look into how to adjust that ! I am also not a Big Fan of the ACC , so I normally turn that OFF , once I have set the Cruise Control !

·
Registered
129 Posts
AEB is included with the vision package on the 2018's but not on the 2017's.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oh' , Ok ! So you do agree that the *AEB* does NOT "come with the Vision Package" ?
And also , you agree that the *warning alert* we are experiencing is indeed the *AEB* feature ?
No I don't agree....It is the forward alert warning that you are getting. That is not the same as the AEB. On my Storm Grey model without the drivers assistance package I could have driven it through a wall before receiving any alert. With my new one i hear it 10 times a day. When I drive my wife's Murano I hear it 10 times day.

If you wish come to the Chicago meet. I will have both of my FP's there and I will show you the difference.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
No I don't agree....It is the forward alert warning that you are getting. That is not the same as the AEB. On my Storm Grey model without the drivers assistance package I could have driven it through a wall before receiving any alert. With my new one i hear it 10 times a day. When I drive my wife's Murano I hear it 10 times day.

If you wish come to the Chicago meet. I will have both of my FP's there and I will show you the difference.
Okay so this is good news for me then haha, you only get the constant alerts if you have the driver assist pack with the forward alert. This is good to hear haha :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Okay so this is good news for me then haha, you only get the constant alerts if you have the driver assist pack with the forward alert. This is good to hear haha :D
Yes...Your car is fine. There is alot of confusion here. The AEB and the Forward Alert are totally separate features. There is NO audible alert with the AEB. This can be verified by contacting JAG NA.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts