Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post here. I want to put electric cutouts on my F pace for some added fun when I want a more aggressive sound. I travel for work and it’s not uncommon to drive 2000 miles to get to a work site once a year and don’t want to listen to a drone from a new muffler. That being said there’s a straight section of pipe before the resonators and the pre muffler? The only concern is that it’s in front of the secondary o2 sensor. I feel like it wouldn’t be a big issue but does anyone have any information about what codes that may throw or if it Anything else it may effect?

thanks all.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would NOT put a cutout in front of the secondary 02 sensor. When you get off the throttle, you'll definitely pull some external "unmetered" and "unburnt" air from the outside world, which would surely throw off the AFR and throw a code. And pre-resonator, this thing would sound wicked...but probably brutal under your feet and on your ear drums. I ran mine with open resonator when I changed out my exhaust and though fun, it was alarmingly loud, lol

I would go post-resonator, at a minimum, or put on a true exhaust system designed for the car. I had VelocityAP's "Sport" exhaust on my 2017 R-Sport, and drove to and from Ohio in it (from MA), never bothered me or my passengers, but provided great sound when I got on it. There was some temporary droning when maintaining 1500-1800 RPM going up hills but a quick manual downshift 2 gears or so would get the RPMs up and eliminate the drone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts