Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
131 Posts
And what do you think?

·
Registered
233 Posts
There was a thread going on it but the admins decide it to close it because the seller has not become a vendor.

·
Registered
254 Posts
There was a thread going on it but the admins decide it to close it because the seller has not become a vendor.
REALLY?!? Good grief! :mad:

Kerry

·
Super Moderator
1,914 Posts
That is correct. We are waiting on AutoGuide to clear up the issue.

I know many of you think that AutoGuide put this forum up out of the goodness of their hearts, but someone has to pay to keep the lights on. They run over 400 forums and that's the way they run it, with advertisers and forum vendors footing the bill for the "free" forum. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
536 Posts

I know many of you think that AutoGuide put this forum up out of the goodness of their hearts, but someone has to pay to keep the lights on. They run over 400 forums and that's the way they run it, with advertisers and forum vendors footing the bill for the "free" forum. Hope that makes sense.
Yeah, as the saying goes, nothing is really free in life.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is true..I see the behind the scenes day to day administration of a forum everyday. I am a the one and only SUPER MOD/Admin on a GMC forum of theirs (AutoGuide)...Just came from there and had to ban 3 SPAMMERS that registered overnight....The Maggots!:mad:

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
does this leave a foot print in the ecm like it does on gm ford & dodge where the dealer can tell you changed the factory tune & void your warrenty
I dont no of an ECM tune that is invisible if someone goes looking. It rewrites the on board computers code and replaces it with whatever tune you've installed. Granted the only reason a service tech would go looking is if something happened with the trans, engine, supercharger etc. etc. My motto is if the car doesn't have enough power with the OEM tune than go buy something else with more power :D:laugh:

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
268 Posts
years ago on gmc trucks you could tune them but save the stock files & reinstall them with no trace but people were blowing up motors & gm was replacing them for free. now if you do that the ecm records peak hp & torque readings & if it is out of the factory specs they know you had a tune in their . it also records key strokes after the ecm is reprogramed each time so if you have a 3 yr old car & it has only 25 key strokes on it they know it is BS.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There are also some companies out there ( Diesel Tuners..) that sell reprogrammed ECM's and you keep the stock unit also. If you take the unit in for service you just re install the stock one before you take in.... no evidence of tuning.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a whole thread here dedicated to this TUNE issue..(Anyone do performance up-grades?)

But here are a few excerpts from that thread , pertaining to the concern of ECM tune footprints..

My question to the man that actually wrote the tune:

"Since a DTC (Digital Trouble Code) is stored..Can this code ever be cleared? and if so, by whom with what?..and what would this CODE actually say or indicate?..as other DTC's has a description of the malfunction"

Answer from Chris of VelocityAP..:

The exact fault code that stores is P167F-00. I don't remember the "word-for-for" title of the code, but it sums up as "Software Calibration not OEM Flashed". If you flash back with the Vtech to the stock software, this code will stay present.

We were going to dump time into researching how to disable this code entirely, or the test done by the pcm to trigger this code...but this code is primarily for the dealer tech to see and know if he should flash that update he might do with the dealer tool.

When the tech goes to flash an update, he/she flashes the pcm as "Existing Module". If you flash a mod file into the pcm and then the dealer tech gets the car to flash in a recall/update into the pcm. The dealer tool can "brick" your pcm useless because the dealer tool/scanner doesn't have a checksum hex updater. This process messes up the hex file and the pcm no longer responds. Most of the time the pcm will not come back to life unless bench flashed back to the stock file. This is the sole reason it's very important to flash back stock for a dealer visit...none of the above will screw up your pcm if flashed with a updated file(providing the stock file was on there, regardless of being previously flashed and flagging a P167F-00).

If the dealer tech notices a possible mod file due to P167F-00, he/she can do a work around by flashing "As New Module". This process will wipe out everything in the pcm and upload the fresh new dealer update and avoid "bricking" the pcm.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did my tune upgrade on March 3rd and it has been problem free and most importantly, it is freaking AWESOME.

The 410+ HP in this light weight SUV, blows away most Lexus' and Mustangs and Chargers and Challengers, you name it..The sleeper look is what freaks people out, as they are left in my rearview mirror.>:)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I did my tune upgrade on March 3rd and it has been problem free and most importantly, it is freaking AWESOME.

The 410+ HP in this light weight SUV, blows away most Lexus' and Mustangs and Chargers and Challengers, you name it..The sleeper look is what freaks people out, as they are left in my rearview mirror.>:)
Lol... I dont know what Lexus you are worried about beating an F-pace. Only the most expensive variants would be able to do that and only by a few tenths of a second. I don't think the F-pace looks like a sleeper car at all, in fact I think it looks like its meant to go fast. Anything with a Jaguar logo in my mind looks like it is suppose to go fast. Id be really curious to see the tune on a dyno vs the OEM tune. I want to know if there just blowing smoke or if there is actually that big of a jump in power.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i believe its possible crank up the boost change the timing should get you a easy 50hp. total different my diesel truck motor is all stock except for a exhaust & tune i went from 360hp to 585hp it changed the turbo boost 10 psi & it fires the injectors longer to get more fuel.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol... I dont know what Lexus you are worried about beating an F-pace. Only the most expensive variants would be able to do that and only by a few tenths of a second. I don't think the F-pace looks like a sleeper car at all, in fact I think it looks like its meant to go fast. Anything with a Jaguar logo in my mind looks like it is suppose to go fast. Id be really curious to see the tune on a dyno vs the OEM tune. I want to know if there just blowing smoke or if there is actually that big of a jump in power.
WelL, my skeptical know-it-all friend, you need to call Stuart of VelocityAP and have him send you special Dyno test results, just for you..tailor-made and notarized....

Godman..this has been discussed over and over again..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
WelL, my skeptical know-it-all friend, you need to call Stuart of VelocityAP and have him send you special Dyno test results, just for you..tailor-made and notarized....

Godman..this has been discussed over and over again..:rolleyes:
How do I know stuart isn't just pulling my leg, or your leg for that matter >:)
I dont know it all thats why I want to know if it really improves power that much without affecting engine longevity. I dont pretend to be an automobile wiz so excuse my skepticism :|:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts