Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couple of quick pics from Loveland Pass, not very good pictures, but I was struck with the contrast between the Pace color and the snow that is holding on despite the spring temperatures.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Never been to Colorado, one of the few places in the US that I've somehow not visited. Man, that's nature out there beyond your F-Pace. Nature in all its majesty, serenity, and lethality. Makes me think of the movie, "The Revenant." Your car looks beautiful. How the heck did you keep it so clean after driving up there?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never been to Colorado, one of the few places in the US that I've somehow not visited. Man, that's nature out there beyond your F-Pace. Nature in all its majesty, serenity, and lethality. Makes me think of the movie, "The Revenant." How the heck did you keep your car so clean driving it up there?
The paved roads were dry, plus I really think the CeramicPro does not allow the dust to stick as much as non-treated paint. You should see the "after" pics, however. We took a couple of hours exploring some pretty rough old mining roads north of Georgetown and around Black Hawk. It was the closest I have had the Pace to "off road" and I got to know the different traction modes, the controlled descent, and really tried to get it loose on washboard dirt twisties. Really surprised at how well the system would not let things get out of hand. Even when I punched off the ASC, the system would not let me wag the tail out, it was like it gave up only a little bit of control and then stepped in. That actually bothered me, because I realize that I will never get a chance to drift in the F-Pace. :) I like the ability to keep the actual driving skills honed by pushing the envelope, and the Pace, though extremely fun to drive, keeps nanny control.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried to edit, but ran out of time. In thinking about this a bit more, I am sure the system that distributes the power from rear to front is still in full play, even with the ASC off, thus preventing the tail from wagging out. Duhhh.... all wheel drive vs rear wheel drive, where on my XKR I can get sideways with the traction control off.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Was there this summer for a wedding on top of A Basin.... Stunningly beautiful country.....

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Tried to edit, but ran out of time. In thinking about this a bit more, I am sure the system that distributes the power from rear to front is still in full play, even with the ASC off, thus preventing the tail from wagging out. Duhhh.... all wheel drive vs rear wheel drive, where on my XKR I can get sideways with the traction control off.
Oh my friend, if you couldn't get it to drift you were not trying quite hard enough ;)! I have a huge business parking lot right by where I live, when it snows it is empty and there are no obstacles. I often see a lot of people practicing how to turn, stop, take off etc. in the snow. Anyway, it happened to be empty, I put it in dynamic, had the gear set to 1, and turned traction control off. Took off, when I was at about 30 MPH driving in a straight line and in third gear I quickly downshifted to 2 and turned the steering wheel quick... tail sprang loose very quickly, kept it drifting for about a minute before I got bored.

What I've found is its much tougher if you dont have the wide open space to do it. Keep at it though ;)0:)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my friend, if you couldn't get it to drift you were not trying quite hard enough ;)! I have a huge business parking lot right by where I live, when it snows it is empty and there are no obstacles. I often see a lot of people practicing how to turn, stop, take off etc. in the snow. Anyway, it happened to be empty, I put it in dynamic, had the gear set to 1, and turned traction control off. Took off, when I was at about 30 MPH driving in a straight line and in third gear I quickly downshifted to 2 and turned the steering wheel quick... tail sprang loose very quickly, kept it drifting for about a minute before I got bored.

What I've found is its much tougher if you dont have the wide open space to do it. Keep at it though ;)0:)
How fun! We did go by some frozen lakes, and I actually looked to see if I could get access to try just that, but the friend who was with me had the voice of reason regarding thin ice in the spring... the F-Pace probably does not float!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
How fun! We did go by some frozen lakes, and I actually looked to see if I could get access to try just that, but the friend who was with me had the voice of reason regarding thin ice in the spring... the F-Pace probably does not float!
Cats dont like water! Everyone knows that ;)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
theweeb,

That is some beautiful country to be driving that beautiful F-Pace through! You guys have some great views out there in Colorado!

I also think it was a wise move not to drive on the Ice with the F-Pace. She's a light SUV, but I'd rather be on the water with something that surely would float!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Cats dont like water! Everyone knows that ;)
You may want to re-think that statement Jman !!! >:)

You ever heard of a *CATamaran* ??? ;)
A *Dual Hull* Boat , well known for it's STABILITY on the Water !!! :D
And gaining popularity Real Fast !!!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I couldn't resist adding these !
And as far as I can tell , they should be considered "staying on topic" ! ;)

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where in Denver did you get your ceramic pro done if you don't mind my asking?
Sure, A Auto Detail, here is the FB link:

https://www.facebook.com/aautodetaildenver/

Understand that I have reservations on recommending this business. It was the only one that is in the Denver area that has been trained and certified by CeramicPro, as I was put in touch with the business from the CeramicPro website. My pause is due to a few reasons... I have never had paint protection done, so I cannot comment on the cost or durability, this was my first trek into such a thing. i have no idea if it will last as advertised, or even if he did a great job. It looked awesome when I picked it up... but on the business itself, it is one guy out of his home garage. That almost caused me to turn around before even talking to him, but his FB page and website does have examples of his work, and referrals. I do not know his back story, why he is on his own instead of working for a larger shop, but he seemed trustworthy, and as I said, the only certified CeramicPro installer in the area.

I suggest you do the research and then call and set up an appointment with him and go over the process and cost, and decide from there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts