Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us waiting on our MY18s, who has the earliest projected delivery/handover date?

I'll be living vicariously through all of your photos, thoughts and comments while counting the days until late August. Hopefully I can convince the dealership to at least send me some photos once she arrives.

Reactions: Jclayton

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I was told mine is 2/3ds the way to Baltimore and will be arriving in port by the 29th ish... potentially could have week of May 8th or 15th...! Potentially 3 weeks early !

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
There are some crossing the ocean now so I expect we'll see some soon! Mine hasn't even hit its build date yet, but it looks like they're currently running about a month ahead of scheduled delivery dates. Hoping this holds, as then I'll see mine before the Independence Day holiday rather than the almost August handover date I have on my Vista. :D

Reactions: Turbodog and jmk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine arrived in port on the 19th. Dealer said he shows the 26th arrival at the dealership. Unfortunately (not really), I'm in school learning a new airplane. This comes first before I can take delivery.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm seriously considering cancelling my trip to Shanghai and Hong Kong which I had planned to take enroute back to the US so that I can get there sooner and take possession. It's already supposed to be there about a month before me. If production is running that far ahead of schedule, it could potentially be there almost two months before me. Cancelling my enroute travel would allow me to pick her up about 10 days sooner. Decisions....

·
Registered
218 Posts
My build date is 5/12 with delivery 7/14. Hope it's sooner!!!

Reactions: jmk

·
Registered
517 Posts
Build date 3/31, currently on the Tosca approaching Halifax before landing at the Brunswick GA port on April 27. Dealer anticipates handover first week of May.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Build date was 4/7, but made it to Southhampton on 4/8. When I just checked, she's been loaded on the Tysla departing today for Baltimore! Estimated arrival date is 4/29, and the last e-mail I got from my SG said delivery date of 5/5. That seems like a pretty quick turnaround, considering they have to haul it overland from MD to Wisco.

This is all a month ahead of original schedule, so those of you waiting, take heart! Your dates will no doubt be moved up as well. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
My original delivery date was 06/09 with a build date 04/08. Seeing posts on this forum about earlier deliveries I've contacted my dealer last week. They said that current delivery date is 05/05 !!! Not sure why this is happening (lower demand, bad planning...) but my friend who bought BMW some time ago said it happened to him as well so maybe this is normal in auto indsutry. Regardless I am delighted about the new date.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My original delivery date was 06/09 with a build date 04/08. Seeing posts on this forum about earlier deliveries I've contacted my dealer last week. They said that current delivery date is 05/05 !!! Not sure why this is happening (lower demand, bad planning...) but my friend who bought BMW some time ago said it happened to him as well so maybe this is normal in auto indsutry. Regardless I am delighted about the new date.

I think they like to be conservative on being able to get a shipping date so overestimate. From reading the earlier threads, it looks like a lot of the MY17s also ran early on delivery, so I think they feel like earlier is better than late! Happier customers lol! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Will the W&W Logistics site track the vehicle all the way to the dealership, I wonder? Or once it's off the cargo ship, that's the end of the road? Anyone know?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Will the W&W Logistics site track the vehicle all the way to the dealership, I wonder? Or once it's off the cargo ship, that's the end of the road? Anyone know?
Once your F-Pace is unloaded at the destination port you won't be able to track it through the W&W site. However, I think your sales guide can track it. My SG emailed me today to tell me mine has not yet been loaded on a truck and is still sitting at the Brunswick port. Then he said he still expects it at the dealership on Friday and wants to schedule handover for Saturday. I would love it if that happens, but seems awfully optimistic at this point .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Once your F-Pace is unloaded at the destination port you won't be able to track it through the W&W site. However, I think your sales guide can track it. My SG emailed me today to tell me mine has not yet been loaded on a truck and is still sitting at the Brunswick port. Then he said he still expects it at the dealership on Friday and wants to schedule handover for Saturday. I would love it if that happens, but seems awfully optimistic at this point .
For everyone just a heads up mine arrived April 19 and we have no idea when it is going to be delivered to my dealer. We've already gone past my handover date and there is nothing he says he can do but wait for the shipment to arrive. This is so p$&#ng me off! :mad::mad:

·
Registered
517 Posts
For everyone just a heads up mine arrived April 19 and we have no idea when it is going to be delivered to my dealer. We've already gone past my handover date and there is nothing he says he can do but wait for the shipment to arrive. This is so p$&#ng me off! :mad::mad:
From back reading many older posts here, it sounded like the first MY17 arrivals were held at the ports for quite awhile awaiting an official launch date. I can't see why they'd do that with a second year model that has no real significant changes, but I wonder if there might be something like that going on. If you try to search for 2018 inventory at the jaguarusa site it isn't even an option, but surely the recent arrivals have all been 2018's so that's quite a bit of inventory sitting at the ports. Maybe they won't deliver to the dealers until the JLR mothership is "ready"? I sure hope not!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
From back reading many older posts here, it sounded like the first MY17 arrivals were held at the ports for quite awhile awaiting an official launch date. I can't see why they'd do that with a second year model that has no real significant changes, but I wonder if there might be something like that going on. If you try to search for 2018 inventory at the jaguarusa site it isn't even an option, but surely the recent arrivals have all been 2018's so that's quite a bit of inventory sitting at the ports. Maybe they won't deliver to the dealers until the JLR mothership is "ready"? I sure hope not!
Ugh, I seriously hope not! If this is the case though, why wouldn't the dealerships know? One would think they'd be planning the big "reveal" so would have some kind knowledge on a date when MY18s will start hitting their lots. :| A sort of "not sooner than" date.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ugh, I seriously hope not! If this is the case though, why wouldn't the dealerships know? One would think they'd be planning the big "reveal" so would have some kind knowledge on a date when MY18s will start hitting their lots. :| A sort of "not sooner than" date.
That's a great question, but there's a lot I don't understand about how big companies are run. Maybe that's why I don't run one......:) Don't make too much of this, I just am wondering out loud a little bit, based on my observation (mostly an assumption) that there have been several boat loads of 2018 F-Paces delivered to US ports, yet you can't find a hint of evidence of them at the dealerships or the JLR website.

Maybe I'll drive to Brunswick just to confirm that my F-Pace is actually sitting there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's a great question, but there's a lot I don't understand about how big companies are run. Maybe that's why I don't run one......:) Don't make too much of this, I just am wondering out loud a little bit, based on my observation (mostly an assumption) that there have been several boat loads of 2018 F-Paces delivered to US ports, yet you can't find a hint of evidence of them at the dealerships or the JLR website.

Maybe I'll drive to Brunswick just to confirm that my F-Pace is actually sitting there.
Got to sell down the 2017's in stock first.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Got to sell down the 2017's in stock first.
That I can understand, but then it seems they would delay ramping up 2018 production to some degree until the 2017 inventory is at an acceptable level. It has to cost something to now be sitting on both 2017 and 2018 inventory, right? (Again, no one has ever handed me the keys to a multi-billion dollar corporation, so..........................)

but, I agree with MTGRL, if this is the strategy then at least tell those who placed early orders for 2018's that delivery dates are quite likely to be delayed even when the cars are built rather than creating an expectation then disappointing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So then why would they give us a hand over date with no intention of honoring it?

1 - 20 of 463 Posts