Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m driving in dynamic mode exhaust on flooring it whenever possible averaging 15 mpg
So I thought next time I fill up I’m going do 100 miles in eco mode no fast starts really going easy barely touching the gas .
it was hard not to give it a blast but I stuck to it 100 miles done had a look at my trip 14.8 mpg
Conclusion: these cars like to be driven hard launches etc making the engine sing I get more mpg on my daily routine in dynamic driving hard than in eco. If travelling in a motorway run then eco is the way to go just to quite everything down
Rant over

·
Registered
245 Posts
Lol. I’ve had a few drives over 20mpg but takes cruising around 55-75mph to do that. City driving I get 10-15 or so.

Eco mode adds a few mpg for me, but not really worth it. I typically stick with comfort mode and exhaust button on, auto stop/start off

after the 19B manual update, my miles to empty reset, it was something ridiculous like 650 on a mostly full tank. I don’t think that’s actually possible, you’d have to get 30mpg...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've always thought since day one, getting into a FPace-S and seeing an Eco button was a contradiction.... :unsure:

Actually, I think my wife would rather cut off a finger than hit that button. 🚥

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I drive around in Dynamic most of the time, but in normal trans, not S. Still fun to drive and somewhat loud but not as much as if you run around in Dynamic and Sport with the trans. The SVR is a bit docile when not in dynamic and with the exhaust off. With that said, the best I've done with mileage is about 25mpg on two lane roads with 50 to 55 mph speed limits. Never really going over 62 or 63 and sometimes following other cars. Normal back and forth to work with backroads, stop sign stops, and then a 18 mile interstate in the middle I typically average 18 to 21 depending on traffic. More traffic lower the number.

Now if I take the back way home, which is tons of side streets and stop signs and a few lights. I don't typically get over 17 mpg.

As for the settings, with dynamic and normal and eco, I found, like you guys have that normal and eco sometimes lowers the mpg. Not sure why, maybe we just are looking for the acceleration we get used to in Dynamic and push the gas pedal further down? :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have reduce MPG with eco mode. I've filled up a few times and experimented. Not sure why. I have not done a tank in dynamic yet though. I gotta fill up today so I guess I'll try that for once. I like eco because just putting around the housing development its smoother. If i'm driving around town, I typically switch it though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
exhaust button??? Once again, I have to show my ignorance . . . where is this "exhaust button"? I have had this car for over a year now, and thought that I had poked and pushed every button . . . apparently not. Thx.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
exhaust button??? Once again, I have to show my ignorance . . . where is this "exhaust button"? I have had this car for over a year now, and thought that I had poked and pushed every button . . . apparently not. Thx.
As Grandonba has already pointed out . . . . . . . there are THE HAVES , and THE HAVE NOTS !!!:giggle:

In the case of the Exhaust Button , the SVR Owners are The HAVES . . . . . . .
and All other Model Owners are The HAVE NOTS !!!;):cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts