Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Regarding to daily driving habit: which mode you guys put on while waiting for a red light?(Auto engine on/off --->off)

1. D-shift + Brake (let your twin supercharged V6 fighting with your brake pads)
2. N-shift + Brake / E-Brake (always forget to switch back to D when green light on, then you hear your F-pace sexy noise, zoom--pu-pu-pu-pu)
3. Parking-shift (now, you can relax, look around, your neighbor staring at your F-pace)
4. R-shift (oops......why the screen showing a car behind driving toward me fast? )

Which way is the right way?>:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well the answer obviously is, it depends on who's looking and who you want to impress! LOL..

Joke aside, I just let the start-stop engage when I know the red light will take long to turn.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Easiest is to leave it in S + paddle shifters. The engine will not shut off if you have it in paddle mode. Or just press the strategically placed button for it... either one works for me.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I can GUARANTEE you all right now , that there will be a FOR SALE sign in my F-Pace , the day that I hear it go "pu-pu-pu-pu" !!! >:)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I can GUARANTEE you all right now , that there will be a FOR SALE sign in my F-Pace , the day that I hear it go "pu-pu-pu-pu" !!! >:)
Uh... it does not go "pu-pu-pu"!!! It goes "BANG-BANG-BANG"!

Get it right GR, gosh. :D>:)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Uh... it does not go "pu-pu-pu"!!! It goes "BANG-BANG-BANG"!

Get it right GR, gosh. :D>:)
The OP clearly said "pu-pu-pu-pu" !
Which is what I was replying to , and the reason I put QUOTES around that phrase !
And for your information , Young Jman , YOU used to say the sound was "CRACKLE & POP" !
Which is what I want to hear !
The FOR SALE sign will go up for "BANG, BANG, BANG" as well !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The OP clearly said "pu-pu-pu-pu" !
Which is what I was replying to , and the reason I put QUOTES around that phrase !
And for your information , Young Jman , YOU used to say the sound was "CRACKLE & POP" !
Which is what I want to hear !
The FOR SALE sign will go up for "BANG, BANG, BANG" as well !!! ;)
Oh.. I missed that haha :D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I want to see a photo of this twin supercharged V6:)
HaHa ! MTHM is being VERY *OBSERVANT* tonight !!! ;) Be careful what you say folks !!! >:)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
He is Canadian, lets give our Northern brother a break... I tried focusing on the message he was trying to get across more than the actual words used lol ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
For decades, I've placed the car in 'Park' awaiting a red light.
I picked up the practice in the UK.
This allows moving about a bit, as reported above.
On the XJ, Park turned off the running lights--gas pedal pressure turned them back on and released the brake
On the FP, (with ASS off) the running 'Js" stay on, brake release the same.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
For decades, I've placed the car in 'Park' awaiting a red light.
I picked up the practice in the UK.
This allows moving about a bit, as reported above.
On the XJ, Park turned off the running lights--gas pedal pressure turned them back on and released the brake
On the FP, (with ASS off) the running 'Js" stay on, brake release the same.
Wait, are you saying that on your FP, if you put it in park at a red light, when the light changes you step on the accelerator (we don't have gas pedals on our diesels) it then changes to drive and the parking brake releases ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts