Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving cup cover decision

So I have notice that the all the FIrst Edition F-PACE That were built in 2016 as 2017MY all had roll covers over there drink cup holders. Yet the all the regular 2017 do NOT have a roll cover at all. Then from 2018 on they all came with the roll cover. So my question and or thought is who made the decision not to just have the role cover on all models ? Also would haveing that change back to no cover cost more money to do that? is the cover that much of a differentiating factor for first editions do people really want that? I have had both one with a roll cover and now one with, I really don’t close it it’s always open. Do you that have the cover keep it open or closed?

DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,626 Posts
I was so enamoured with the closing cup cover on 2018’s I had dealership retrofit a cover on my 2017at an embarrassing cost and endless friendly flak on here. Have never regretted it. The whole subject was a cause for a good bit of consternation on here when 2018s came out.

I always ride with it open because i’m usually using cup holders and then nearly always close when parked or valet. Makes things look neat and handy spot to chuck and hide stuff while parked.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was so enamoured with the closing cup cover on 2018’s I had dealership retrofit a cover on my 2017at an embarrassing cost and endless friendly flak on here. Have never regretted it. The whole subject was a cause for a good bit of consternation on here when 2018s came out.

I always ride with it open because i’m usually using cup holders and then nearly always close when parked or valet. Makes things look neat and handy spot to chuck and hide stuff while parked.

True story? You really swapped it out ?

I’m still trying to understand why it was just not like that from the beginning ?

Do you still have the original dash? If so do you want to sell it ?

DP

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Mine is always closed unless I have my Yeti in the front cup opening, then it's half Open/Closed. Only fully open when both cup holders are being used. Always shut when I'm not in the car and don't have my yeti in there.

Yes I have some problems with OCD. I do love the cover. So glad the new 2018s and later come with them, or I'd be pulling the thing out of my FE and moving it to my SVR before they completed the trade in!

·
F Pace Expert
2,626 Posts
True story? You really swapped it out ?

I’m still trying to understand why it was just not like that from the beginning ?

Do you still have the original dash? If so do you want to sell it ?

DP
For some reason in US only FEs had cover in initial year.

If I do still have center console piece would be happy to sell but....buried under my whole household worth of stuff in a storage unit awaiting move to a new place, probably mid April. Will let you know when it surfaces. Pretty sure I saved it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I never close mine. It’s definitely a more refined look with it closed, but I’m not at a concourse.... My wallet/keys/phone go in the cup holders more than cups, because I use the “front” cubby for my regular eye glass case(sun glasses stored in the drop-down), and besides the keys, none of that stuff fits in the narrow side bolster slot.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So I'm the opposite, mine is always closed if my Yeti isn't in the front spot. and then the Yeti is in the front spot, I close it half way. Almost never fully open unless someone is riding with me. When I get home and pull into the garage, turn the car off, grab the yeti to get out, I close the cover. Yes I'm a little obsessive compulsive! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts