Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mine is in for the following: replacement of windshield (chemical stains visible when the sun hits the glass at the right angle, looks like the logo for Monster drinks); ICTP update; rear spring isolators; A/C issues and to check for diff oil leak. Been in the shop since November 28, I've had a loaner since then, a Jaguar XF R-Sport. SA told me today the diff is leaking and needs to be replaced, I only have 591 miles on her. He asked that I be patient because they had to file a claim with JLR and then have to wait for the parts to come of the UK. If you want to see pics of the windshield, let me know and I'll post them, who knows you might have the issue.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If the diff with its casing has to be replaced make sure your vehicle doesn't develop a drive line vibration afterwards.
I have a bad drive line vibration which has been annoying since my F Pace was new 5000 miles ago and I have now commenced the process with the dealer of rejecting the vehicle and having it replaced.
Please describe "drive line vibration" so I know what to look for after repair is complete.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too have a mystery fluid leak that I noticed 'round about 500 miles in (about 10 days after I bought the thing). Also addressing a few other electronic glitches & recalls (Mission System, Coolant Level, sunroof one touch non-operational) - it's currently on day 4 in the shop and, according to the service tech, they're still trying to identify the source. I've asked him about the front differential and he said "yes, it's in that area" but otherwise noncommittal. Currently in a loaner Jag XF that smells like a Drakkar Noir warehouse.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine is in for the following: replacement of windshield (chemical stains visible when the sun hits the glass at the right angle, looks like the logo for Monster drinks); ICTP update; rear spring isolators; A/C issues and to check for diff oil leak. Been in the shop since November 28, I've had a loaner since then, a Jaguar XF R-Sport. SA told me today the diff is leaking and needs to be replaced, I only have 591 miles on her. He asked that I be patient because they had to file a claim with JLR and then have to wait for the parts to come of the UK. If you want to see pics of the windshield, let me know and I'll post them, who knows you might have the issue.
What was your build date. Ours was an early order (March) with an August build date.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Yes, I am curious on the build dates of you guys who have the diff leak. My understanding this was a early build problem. But seeing quite a few posts of this major problem on newly delivered FPaces with only 500 or so miles on them. Unless these were all summer builds sitting on dealer lots for months, I wonder if this issue has been completely resolved on new builds.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Mine, that problem as well, showed up at 200 miles, build date of 6/21.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Build date late June, very early July, delivery was on August 1st.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, how do you find the build date?

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hello all, just wanted to let know if you have the differential issue and it gets fixed, keep a close eye on the underside of the car at least for the first two weeks. I would suggest checking it once a day if you can and especially if you smell burning oil again. My son picked up my FE last night from JLR Mainline in Pa (I'm still in Denver), and he drove it home and then this morning back to his work and when he got to work he smelled oil, because he could he put it up on the lift and what is found is shown below.

Needless to say my discussion with the Service Writer, my Salesman and any one else I could reach at 8am this morning at JLR Mainline was not a pleasant discussion. I suggested that when my son drops the car off they best not put me in a LR Discovery Sport or Evoque or even a Jag XE. I want something equivalent to the vehicle i purchased, especially if I need to drive it for another 10 days. Also I'll will be stopping by the dealership myself on Monday to discuss this more. Clearly, I'm not a happy Jag owner right now and I'm especially miffed since I believe this issue is purely controllable by the dealership. I believe I'm due some compensation beyond an equivalent loaner car. I don't believe the new diff failed, what I feel probably happened is the tech managed to mess up the seals installing the axle on the driver side when he replaced the diff, so I feel this is totally controllable by the dealership.

So keep an eye on your F-Paces if you have the differential fix for a few weeks to be sure you don't have a similar issue. So at this point I'm going on 5 out of 6 weeks without my F-Pace... I'm a fairly patient person, but when someone messes up a fairly serious fix by shoddy workmanship and manages to keep me from my car for at least another week or so, my patience runs out.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
When I was in for the ICTP update about a week ago, I had the front end including the diff checked for leaks. Mine is a June build. Reported no leaks.
I have an S Mopdel
Mine was a March build. Knock on wood--7500 miles and no leaks. Despite being early, my rear isolators never creaked. My dealer changed them anyway because of all the talk about them at the time. As an early build, I guess I've been lucky. Some ICTP software problems like everyone else, and an annoying rear clanking sound inside the car which has been eliminated, but that's pretty much been it. No other problems. My worst experience with this car had nothing to do with the build--it was being viciously vandalized by a jealous, racist a-hole.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello all, just wanted to let know if you have the differential issue and it gets fixed, keep a close eye on the underside of the car at least for the first two weeks. I would suggest checking it once a day if you can and especially if you smell burning oil again. My son picked up my FE last night from JLR Mainline in Pa (I'm still in Denver), and he drove it home and then this morning back to his work and when he got to work he smelled oil, because he could he put it up on the lift and what is found is shown below.

Needless to say my discussion with the Service Writer, my Salesman and any one else I could reach at 8am this morning at JLR Mainline was not a pleasant discussion. I suggested that when my son drops the car off they best not put me in a LR Discovery Sport or Evoque or even a Jag XE. I want something equivalent to the vehicle i purchased, especially if I need to drive it for another 10 days. Also I'll will be stopping by the dealership myself on Monday to discuss this more. Clearly, I'm not a happy Jag owner right now and I'm especially miffed since I believe this issue is purely controllable by the dealership. I believe I'm due some compensation beyond an equivalent loaner car. I don't believe the new diff failed, what I feel probably happened is the tech managed to mess up the seals installing the axle on the driver side when he replaced the diff, so I feel this is totally controllable by the dealership.

So keep an eye on your F-Paces if you have the differential fix for a few weeks to be sure you don't have a similar issue. So at this point I'm going on 5 out of 6 weeks without my F-Pace... I'm a fairly patient person, but when someone messes up a fairly serious fix by shoddy workmanship and manages to keep me from my car for at least another week or so, my patience runs out.
Thanks for the "heads-up" and the photos, I would be equally upset and may very well be. Mine is there right now for the dif replacement :eek:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

Totally unacceptable. Five weeks? Don't blame you at all for feeling entitled to a pound of flesh and more.:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Would love to see the layout for the diff in relation to the engine and transmission. I had an issue with my diffs in my S4 and Audi wouldn't let them fix it, they instructed them to replace the whole transmission since they share a housing. If you have hourly techs at dealerships fixing seals like that I'd be weary.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your diff experience. There's nothing worse than a comeback at a dealer...... So annoying and frustrating. I hope you get some satisfaction on Monday.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Sorry to hear and see this...it is not looking promising for this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Sorry to hear and see this...it is not looking promising for this issue. Thanks for the heads up.
Again, I want to point out that my second issue here with the differential isn't a Jaguar issue from what I can see. I think the work at the dealership on replacing the first differential was not done properly. My point in mentioning to you guys, who might be getting your differentials replaced, is that it is fairly easy to mess up a seal if it isn't installed properly. Hopefully, all of your replacements will go very well and you won't have to deal with this type of thing.

By the way the other issue my son saw with the car, is that when they did the alignment after putting the front end back together they didn't get the steering wheel straight. While the steering wheel being crooked with respect to the track of the car is no real issue with tire wear or even driving, it isn't something that should be done wrong To me that is elementary when you do an alignment to make sure the steering wheel is properly aligned, before adjusting and tightening up the front end. Sadly, the tech couldn't even get that right.

Reactions: MKenM

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
@PA-FPace-F great pictures. I assume these are pix after the repair. If that is the case the dealer should have de-greased the undercarriage before returning the car. That may make for problems down the road maybe not so much for you but if you own the vehicle and try to sell if in a couple/few years a buyer may question the oil on the chassis.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
@PA-FPace-F great pictures. I assume these are pix after the repair. If that is the case the dealer should have de-greased the undercarriage before returning the car. That may make for problems down the road maybe not so much for you but if you own the vehicle and try to sell if in a couple/few years a buyer may question the oil on the chassis.
Yes these are after the repair, I have ones from before the repair as well and they pretty much look the same. I asked the Service Writer if the underside would have been cleaned up from the original leak before I allowed my son to pick it up, and the service writer confirmed it would have been completely cleaned up before they installed the new differential. When my son picked up the vehicle he looked under it, before he drove away and it was clean at that point. The underside pretty much looked the same though when he took the pictures you see above the next morning, although this coverage of oil was only after about 50 minutes of driving. My feeling is it was leaking much more rapidly this time.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts