Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my F-Pace S; Beautiful ride. Around 200 miles (now 500 miles) I noticed a few drops of "unidentified lubricant" on the garage floor. Dealer has been very accommodating, gave me a loaner, said they had to replace the front differential. 10 working days is estimated time to repair.

·
Banned
311 Posts
Did you order & just receive the F-Pace or was this sitting on a dealer lot? I though this leaking differential problem was early builds & was resolved. Not a minor repair.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It is indeed your front differential. Mine did exact same thing about the exact same milage. The dealer first replaced just the seal but with no luck, so they then replaced the differential and now I'm at 5000 miles and running great.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Do they have to pull the engine to replace the differential? Seem like two weeks is a long time. A week at the outside should be more than enough time.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
From what I've learned they do have the drop the subframe on the vehicle in order to pull the differential. So a good amount of stuff needs to come off the vehicle underneath for that to happen. I don't think the engine needs to come out, but they may have to support it when they drop the subframe. I also believe a good bit of the 10 days is due to waiting for the replacement differential to arrive at the dealership, I believe the actual job is about 2 to 3 days.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I was in for the ICTP update about a week ago, I had the front end including the diff checked for leaks. Mine is a June build. Reported no leaks.
I have an S Mopdel

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow that started early. It took about 2,000 miles for mine to start leaking. I was told it's 7 days for the parts to come from the UK and a few days to install. 10 days total downtime if you left the vehicle. I was told to drive mine until the parts come in so I'm Looking at three days in a rental. Laughable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I started noticing a heavy oil (gear oil) burning smell the last time after I drove it on the highway but brushed it off as new car smell because of the mileage. Saw the thread about oil smell and what to look for if the front diff was leaking so yesterday after I backed out of the garage I noticed a few peculiar drops on the garage floor so I took a look under and...yep the under tray was wet and streaked with oil. Drove it to run an few errands (less than 30 miles) and put it back in the garage. Work all next week so it will have to wait till the week after to go in...

·
Registered
73 Posts
If the diff with its casing has to be replaced make sure your vehicle doesn't develop a drive line vibration afterwards.
I have a bad drive line vibration which has been annoying since my F Pace was new 5000 miles ago and I have now commenced the process with the dealer of rejecting the vehicle and having it replaced.

Reactions: Kevin L

·
Registered
66 Posts
Question: I'm three months out from delivery...our challenge is that we are 175 miles away from dealership over mountain passes. When making the deposit, we confirmed again that if there were any mechanical issues, the dealer would pay for the vehicle to be transported back to the shop. Would an issue as described above be "serious" enough to warrant a tow? We did not upgrade to ICTP, so hopefully not too many electronic glitches. For those issues, I could see Jag saying we would need to drive it to the dealership, and make our way back home.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Question: I'm three months out from delivery...our challenge is that we are 175 miles away from dealership over mountain passes. When making the deposit, we confirmed again that if there were any mechanical issues, the dealer would pay for the vehicle to be transported back to the shop. Would an issue as described above be "serious" enough to warrant a tow? We did not upgrade to ICTP, so hopefully not too many electronic glitches. For those issues, I could see Jag saying we would need to drive it to the dealership, and make our way back home.

Thoughts?
ALOT of people on here live far away from their dealers ! And I have heard some of them say that they demanded the vehicle be towed to the dealer (on a flatbed) , to fix ANY problems ! And from what I hear , JAG has honored the customers request ! I guess it may also depend on how "Customer Satisfaction" oriented YOUR dealer is !

Reactions: AmmoPace

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow that started early. It took about 2,000 miles for mine to start leaking. I was told it's 7 days for the parts to come from the UK and a few days to install. 10 days total downtime if you left the vehicle. I was told to drive mine until the parts come in so I'm Looking at three days in a rental. Laughable.
Update, Dropped the vehicle off at 8am this morning and got a call at 4:30pm that the front differential replacement was completed. So for me it was 5 days for parts and 5.5 hours to install. I was only without the vehicle the day of the install.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Update, Dropped the vehicle off at 8am this morning and got a call at 4:30pm that the front differential replacement was completed. So for me it was 5 days for parts and 5.5 hours to install. I was only without the vehicle the day of the install.
This was nice to hear. :)
I hope our dealer is as competent as yours. Keep us updated on anything out of the ordinary such as the drive-line vibration mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
173 Posts
UPDATE: Dealer SA didn't recommend driving it and had us call Jaguar roadside assistance to bring it in via flatbed. Will call us when it there.

Wonder if we should press for a loaner?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dealer called and said it's the front diff. It's the 4th one they've done. Said a bulletin is coming. They have to file a claim with Jag so it will take about a week.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Dealer called and said it's the front diff. It's the 4th one they've done. Said a bulletin is coming. They have to file a claim with Jag so it will take about a week.
So I've pushed my Service Manager at JLR Mainline for some explanation on whether the replacement Diff is going to fix the root cause of the problem or not. I have not heard on that either way. Mine is fixed and sitting at the dealer now for me to pick it up when I get back from my travels. I'm having them look at the speaker vibrations since they have the car sitting there.

I'm hoping these new Diffs fix the root cause of the issue. If any of you guys hear anything else around that, please let us know.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts