Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a company that offers drilled/slotted rotors? My normal sources, Tirerack, Carid, autoanything, none of these places have them. Any mechanics out there that have advise?

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
492 Posts
If you find any, I suggest you go for dimpled vs drilled. Similar racey boy look, but less stress on the rotors.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
Brembo 405mm

Brembo makes some. Do you plan on racing your car? I used to race cars and while the cross drilled looks good it’s there for specific reasons. Do a bit of google research before you go that route. The more surface area rhe better the braking.

The right set of pads also make a big difference.

DP

Attachments

Reactions: deafsoundguy

·
Registered
575 Posts
I haven't found anything specific for our cars in slotted, drilled, combination, or dimpled. As a matter of fact, there are very few aftermarket rotor options of any kind for our cars, including OEM.

I'm not sure if Jag XE rotors work on these. Heard rumor that rear rotors from a Volvo XC70T6 may work, but I'm not willing to take that chance. Maybe we'll get more options as these cars become more popular.

I agree with DP, getting them just for looks isn't a great idea. I too have raced cars with a variety of different rotors, and they serve specific purposes. They almost always make more noise, eat pads quicker (though, as noted, the right pads make a huge difference), and need to be replaced sooner.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seconded, has anyone installed the R1 Rotors? If so any feedback on how they've held up??

The front breaks on my 2017 S are squeaking like crazy, dealer told me there is a buildup of rust on the rotors but the pads are like new. Quoted me $750 for new rotors and to sand down the pads, or $950 for new front pads & rotors.

Debating on if its worth living with the squeal for a while longer and then swapping them out. The R1 price point is great, but even a OEM front set can be purchased for $500, and I'm betting I can get them installed for much less by an independent shop.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,419 Posts
Seconded, has anyone installed the R1 Rotors? If so any feedback on how they've held up??

The front breaks on my 2017 S are squeaking like crazy, dealer told me there is a buildup of rust on the rotors but the pads are like new. Quoted me $750 for new rotors and to sand down the pads, or $950 for new front pads & rotors.

Debating on if its worth living with the squeal for a while longer and then swapping them out. The R1 price point is great, but even a OEM front set can be purchased for $500, and I'm betting I can get them installed for much less by an independent shop.
just have the rotors refaced and trued up, then install new pads.

DP

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Max Advance might offer these to every other car make out there but Jaguar isn’t even a choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts