Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what DPCK in the installed options part of the Jag inventory new vehicle description means? It is about every one I looked at. I asked my sales guy and he had no clue.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ive googled this and no one seems to know for sure. Someone thought it was something about coded keys.....maybe digitally protected coded keys? That's my guess.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seems like I came across this, too, and I think I assumed it is one of the two protection packages (floor mats, cargo, etc.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks MTGRL,
It a far better guess than I ever came up with. I also googled and found it listed on an invoice for used jag sedan, forget which one though. It isn't the protection packs because it was listed on some without those and also completely different jag models. Somethings just stay a mystery!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I work for the gov't, we're all about the acronyms lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I work for the gov't, we're all about the acronyms lol.
Ditto for the Telecom industry!

On a Range Rover, I believe that would denote the Dynamic Package. They seem to be moving toward sharing more things between the two platforms (color name changes).

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
What I came up with is *Definite Purpose Contactor* ??? It says that they are "designed to control electric loads for HVAC and Data Processing" !!!
Maybe it is something for the Computer/Electric Systems in the car ???
Not sure what the *K* would mean , except maybe *Kit* ???

Of course , this is probably totally wrong , since you are hearing it from *GR* !!! 0:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ditto for the Telecom industry!

On a Range Rover, I believe that would denote the Dynamic Package. They seem to be moving toward sharing more things between the two platforms (color name changes).
I would put my money on a short form for Dynamic Package, as used by LR
It's not so much an acronym, as a short form.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
What's the dynamic package usually entail? I was thinking adaptive dynamics, but I've seen the dpck listed for Premiums and that's not offered on the models below the Prestige level.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I think you just solved this. DPCK is likely "Derivative Pack" which breaks down the standard items for the particular model trim. My S has a DPCK of ZL14, which includes a list of items... trim level 4, bumpers plastic sport, badge S AWD, garage door opener...... and so on. In other words, when you order a trim level, it is assigned a derivative pack (DPCK) specific to that trim level. Note that the above list shows all of the options and then the base trim level pack. It all makes sense to me now...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TheWeeb Comes Through! :D That's been bugging me for months!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been wondering about this myself. Could it be the little Car Care Kit that they seem to drop in to many of the F-Paces?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I've been wondering about this myself. Could it be the little Car Care Kit that they seem to drop in to many of the F-Paces?
Detail , Polish , Care , Kit ???

dazzl comes through ! :)

Reactions: dazzl
1 - 14 of 14 Posts