Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been covered before. I searched the forum but never found this particular answer.

I've used Route Planner on my phone to create a route, which it does with no problem. It will direct me to my car as expected. When I get into the car that route should automatically transfer to ICTP. It's done that maybe twice since I've owned it. I can pull up the list of destinations in ICTP and the one I want is there so I know it's synced, but it won't ask me if I want to continue the one that's active on my phone. I have to select the destination and start navigation independently of my phone.

Now, I haven't had a chance to test this, but when I get in the car the first thing I do is plug the phone in via USB. Could that be the issue? Do you think that might be interrupting the navigation? If that's the case, can I wait until it transfers and then plug in the phone? Documentation is lacking at best.

I've been thinking about this all week, but the car has been in the garage the whole time. I washed it Sunday and it's rained everyday since. I still have my Volvo so why get the Jag dirty if I don't need to, right? So I figured I'd see if anyone else has noticed this or if there are any tricks to get the door to door working every time.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Most of the time that I've used this it has worked as intended. Start route on phone, get in car, start car and once it connects to 3G the route is synced from the cloud and it prompts me to continue navigation. I never plug my phone into USB unless I'm driving long distance and want to keep the phone powered to use Waze. I have had an instance where it didn't transfer properly but that was some time ago.

It works so well that my wife will text me while I'm at work and ask me to push a destination to the car. I pick up the phone, start route planner, search for the location and then start route. When she's ready to leave the route is waiting for her when she starts the car. Easy peasy.

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
Route planner does not use the cars 3G. It uses the cars telematics in conjunction with your phone which means that it needs to have connectivity not through Bluetooth but through the cars telematics system.

Route planner is your to use for 5 years for free after that who know if a subscription will be required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts