Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was attempting to do a simple project - my wife had a double CD that she wanted to consolidate. Since there was too much material for a single disc, I converted it to mp3 (good enough quality for her purposes). I knew enough from the F-Type Meridian system to keep the bit rate down (192k). However, the resulting disc will not play in the F-Pace. It DOES work in the home stereo and even my F-Type. Also, if the mp3's are put on a thumb drive, they work fine in the F-Pace. Has anyone else tried mp3's in the CD player - with/without success?

(Sorry for repeating myself, but I originally buried this question in another thread, thinking it was an easy topic, but never got a response.)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry this is not an answer, but I'm curious why you would not just use a thumb drive? Putting mp3's on a CD seems a bit old school now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I keep a large thumb drive installed with lots of music & playlists. This would be mainly for "books on tape" or seasonal music which could be put in temporarily, keep its place when not in use, and avoid having to switch out the main USB. Obviously it's something I can work around - it's just surprising if the Meridian system can't handle MP3's, considering every car I've bought in the last 20 years (including the Meridian in my F-Type) has had that capability.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I doubt that will work. As RoonieQ suggested, go with a thumb drive instead.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think I missing something, why cant you just put them on the existing thumb drive? I had thought of space being an issue but they're so cheap nowadays that I'm thinking someone who just bought an F-Pace is not someone who doesn't have the ching to fork out on larger capacity storage...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Space isn't an issue. But, if you're listening to a book and stop at 34:29 of chapter 11, another driver might want to listen to music from the thumb drive instead of your book. When you return, you'd like to resume the book where you left off without having to a) remember the resume point, and b) fiddle with the menus and FF to get back to where you left off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts