Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just found on the USA spec sheet where it says the gasoline particulate filter comes standard :( this isn’t just a bummer because of the sound but I’ve read where it affects performance as well..
Oh, that sucks, what spec sheet was this and where can I find it? Thx...

Either we are totally screwed and the particulate filter is built into the inside of the cat convertors or its a small looking think in the exhaust tubing somewhere, a few inches wide with some electrical connectors? Wouldn't this be mentioned in the owner's manual? Does the filter ever need cleaning/replacement?

Well crap it is in the OM: Jaguar Owner Information

Still want to see where the USA spec sheet says it is now on gasoline engines.

Performance is up at least in torques, not sure what effects will be if it is removed?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let's stir this up some more in a different more noise direction, I don't know how this is true, there is not that much sound deadening under the hood: How And Why Jaguar Turned Down Its Supercharger Whine

Long time ago (21 years!) I owned another supercharged 5.4 liter truck and the supercharger whine was excellent. Didn't notice it either on long trips. Funny thing is I spent $36K for it total, just about how much I put as a down payment for this one. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts