Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 3-weeks ago I took delivery of my 2019 F-Pace with ITCP. Ever since I took delivery I have been having the below problems. I have read through many threads on this site and the internet which reference that it may be a bad Telematics Unit but my VIN does not appear to be in the recall range.

Any advise you can share on these issues and if you have a workaround would be appreciated. Not sure if I need a new Telematics Unit. I have a service scheduled with the dealership in 2-weeks. If I need a new Telematics Unit do you think this is enough evidence to get them to replace it? What has been your experience in getting the dealership to replace?

Thanks in advance (and sorry for the long post)!!

I am still on the AT&T Trial. AT&T Level 2 Connected Car Support says they can’t find anything wrong with the SIM or my connection to the network. Nor will AT&T replace the SIM. Unfortunately I don’t have a similarly sized GSM Data Only SIM I can try from AT&T or another GSM Provider. We are a Verizon Wireless household.

1. Even though I have been told that the 2019 Models support 4G I have NEVER seen a 4G icon. Only 3G. I live in an area where AT&T 4G signal is strong. I have driven over 2,000 miles through different areas and still no luck getting a 4G icon. (Setting up the vehicle as a Wi-Fi Hotspot only gets me about 1-3 mbps download.

2. Upon starting up the vehicle it seems to take a very long time to find an AT&T Signal. Usually about 3-4 minutes but sometimes 10-minutes. During this time I just see the (...) in the corner of the screen.

3. I use the satellite image map exclusively (or should I say i try to) but only sometimes it works great!! Other times when I have full 3G signal in the vehicle the satellite images just stop updating and become extremely pixilated or the screen starts to fill with gray boxes. (Others have mentioned that this is a sign of a bad unit but they also say it tends to restore in a few minutes before failing again. In my case I can drive for an hour with good signal and it still will not restore. The only way to fix it is to restart the vehicle and still there is only a 50/50 chance it will fix it.)

4. According to the vehicle SIM Settings Screen it says I have only used 27 MB of data which seems odd as I would have expected it to use more. (That is before the monthly reset of data used. I have also tried enabling roaming with no changes noticed.)

5. Trying to rule out the AT&T Network, SIM, and Cellular Module I switched off the Mobile Data and onto WiFi using my Verizon MiFi as the vehicle connectivity. (I still experience the exact same issues. The MiFi also shows only a very small amount of data being used from the vehicle. (When I experience these issues I have awesome speed on my iPhone connected to the same MiFi. Also after starting the vehicle it doesn’t always auto-reconnect to the MiFi even though it is on before I unlock the vehicle.)

6. Next I tried the same test I did above to the MiFi but this time to my Verizon iPhone in Hotspot Mode. Unfortunately this didn’t work at all. The vehicle gets an IP Address from my iPhone but no default gateway or DNS information. (I tested with my laptop connecting to my iPhone Hotspot and it received IP, Gateway, DNS and it works fine.)

7. I see an option to update “Vehicle Connectivity” but when I select Check for Updates it just searches forever. I even left it on that screen for an hour with no change. It also doesn’t display the version which is currently installed. Is this normal? For the other software update it shows 19B is installed and clicking the Check for Update quickly comes back and says it is running the latest. (The dealership did the 19B update because I was plagued with the no audio bug until the vehicle was restarted and Apple CarPlay was not loaded into the vehicle.) I doubt that it matters but I do have the latest maps installed in the vehicle which I downloaded and successfully installed from USB.

8. My iPhone randomly disconnects from the Bluetooth in the vehicle. (It seems to happen much less since they upgraded me to 19B but it still does occur. I have had many iPhones throughout the years including this one connected to Lexus Bluetooth and have never once been disconnected.)

On a side note my Remote App (remote start the vehicle, check the status, journeys, etc.), the in vehicle button for Jag Service, and Traffic work perfectly 100% of the time. But I know that uses a different SIM and module

Sorry for the long post but I am desperate!! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am no tech but something is definitely wrong. Share your experiences with the dealer and leave it with them until it’s solved.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
#2 is pretty standard for me. you seem to have hit everything I would have done and does seem very problematic. there is a detailed telematics unit testing procedure in the dealer diagnostics database. i would ask them to pull that up while you are there and to use it on your vehicle. the bad TCUs were a long time ago but chance you got a bad one or yours needs config tweaking or software update.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,370 Posts
I had my telematics module replace like 5 times, you can try this...

pop out your sim card. Start your car for at least 5 mins.

reinsert your sim card. Start your car

open up the conductivity on your screen

reenable your sim card by sliding the button on the screen

they say yes to the next screens.

wait for the sim card to sync and get a signal

then test your connection

this sound reset your cellular settings on your ICTP if your still only getting 3G make an appointment with your dealer to check the telematics unit.

DP

Reactions: mkauffm

·
Registered
1 Posts
So 3-weeks ago I took delivery of my 2019 F-Pace with ITCP. Ever since I took delivery I have been having the below problems. I have read through many threads on this site and the internet which reference that it may be a bad Telematics Unit but my VIN does not appear to be in the recall range.

Any advise you can share on these issues and if you have a workaround would be appreciated. Not sure if I need a new Telematics Unit. I have a service scheduled with the dealership in 2-weeks. If I need a new Telematics Unit do you think this is enough evidence to get them to replace it? What has been your experience in getting the dealership to replace?

I am still on the AT&T Trial. AT&T Level 2 Connected Car Support says they can’t find anything wrong with the SIM or my connection to the network. Nor will AT&T replace the SIM. Unfortunately I don’t have a similarly sized GSM Data Only SIM I can try from AT&T or another GSM Provider. We are a Verizon Wireless household.

1. Even though I have been told that the 2019 Models support 4G I have NEVER seen a 4G icon. Only 3G. I live in an area where AT&T 4G signal is strong. I have driven over 2,000 miles through different areas and still no luck getting a 4G icon. (Setting up the vehicle as a Wi-Fi Hotspot only gets me about 1-3 mbps download.

2. Upon starting up the vehicle it seems to take a very long time to find an AT&T Signal. Usually about 3-4 minutes but sometimes 10-minutes. During this time I just see the (...) in the corner of the screen.

3. I use the satellite image map exclusively (or should I say i try to) but only sometimes it works great!! Other times when I have full 3G signal in the vehicle the satellite images just stop updating and become extremely pixilated or the screen starts to fill with gray boxes. (Others have mentioned that this is a sign of a bad unit but they also say it tends to restore in a few minutes before failing again. In my case I can drive for an hour with good signal and it still will not restore. The only way to fix it is to restart the vehicle and still there is only a 50/50 chance it will fix it.)

4. According to the vehicle SIM Settings Screen it says I have only used 27 MB of data which seems odd as I would have expected it to use more. (That is before the monthly reset of data used. I have also tried enabling roaming with no changes noticed.)

5. Trying to rule out the AT&T Network, SIM, and Cellular Module I switched off the Mobile Data and onto WiFi using my Verizon MiFi as the vehicle connectivity. (I still experience the exact same issues. The MiFi also shows only a very small amount of data being used from the vehicle. (When I experience these issues I have awesome speed on my iPhone connected to the same MiFi. Also after starting the vehicle it doesn’t always auto-reconnect to the MiFi even though it is on before I unlock the vehicle.)

6. Next I tried the same test I did above to the MiFi but this time to my Verizon iPhone in Hotspot Mode. Unfortunately this didn’t work at all. The vehicle gets an IP Address from my iPhone but no default gateway or DNS information. (I tested with my laptop connecting to my iPhone Hotspot and it received IP, Gateway, DNS and it works fine.)

7. I see an option to update “Vehicle Connectivity” but when I select Check for Updates it just searches forever. I even left it on that screen for an hour with no change. It also doesn’t display the version which is currently installed. Is this normal? For the other software update it shows 19B is installed and clicking the Check for Update quickly comes back and says it is running the latest. (The dealership did the 19B update because I was plagued with the no audio bug until the vehicle was restarted and Apple CarPlay was not loaded into the vehicle.) I doubt that it matters but I do have the latest maps installed in the vehicle which I downloaded and successfully installed from USB.

8. My iPhone randomly disconnects from the Bluetooth in the vehicle. (It seems to happen much less since they upgraded me to 19B but it still does occur. I have had many iPhones throughout the years including this one connected to Lexus Bluetooth and have never once been disconnected.)

On a side note my Remote App (remote start the vehicle, check the status, journeys, etc.), the in vehicle button for Jag Service, and Traffic work perfectly 100% of the time. But I know that uses a different SIM and module

Hey Mike.

Hi Mike....2020 F-Pace Prestige...Telematics went to sleep for 6 days,even after 500 miles of driving...after an exhausting online search, I found a vid of the fuse locations in the Fpace...the telematics fuse is located in luggage compartment passenger side fuse # 20...10 amp red fuse...I pulled the fuse, moved the Pace outside, pressed the service button and after it went off i shut the Pace down and replaced the fuse with a new 10 amp...and just like that the TCU (telematics control unit) came back to life and connected to the remote app....hope this helps....the service guys at Jag had no clue.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had issues with my 2020 when I bought it and when I changed the sim card. I broke the sim card reader just by popping out the sim and putting it back in. That symptom was just "reading sim" on the connections page forever. The sim card reader was bad. It even says right on top of the unit that if you drop it, it is garbage.

When I switched from ATT to googlefi my car would work fine for about 20 minutes then do the ... and never recover. I think it had something to do with driving through a low signal area. I tried everything I could think of. What worked, and has been fine for 2 years is to take the sim card out, leave the car door hanging open and wait till I was sure it was asleep. Then sneak up on the car without waking it and replace the sim card. It has never been an issue again.

The cars that were only capable of 3G got screwed when the cell phone carriers turned off 3G. The cars default to 2G and Jaguar said that is all you are gonna get.

I dont think you have any bad parts. Try letting the car fall asleep and sneaking up on it like I did. Pulling fuse 20 like the other guy said will not upset anything at all. You will not loose anything. Try that too.

I am an avid Iphone/apple hater. There are lots of apple reasons your car my not connect. try logging on to your house or starbucks. I am wondering if you iphone is doing a 5g hotspot. The car will only log on to a 2.4. I forgot about how to force an iphone to doing 2.4g. but you could try that too. Pulling fuse 20 resets wifi issues.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I am wondering if you iphone is doing a 5g hotspot. The car will only log on to a 2.4. I forgot about how to force an iphone to doing 2.4g. but you could try that too. Pulling fuse 20 resets wifi issues.
It’s my understanding the iPhone 12 and later use 5ghz for the personal hotspot and my 2017 F-Pace uses 2.4ghz for WiFi. In iPhone settings go to personal hotspot and select maximize compatibility. Give it a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts