Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that my ICT dash gauge lights sometimes are dim when I leave my dark garage in the morning but they slightly brighten up a little ways up the street. However this morning (with no load from A/C, heater, radio, etc...) I did notice in the fog that my headlights stayed on and did not go into DRL mode when the dash lights brightened much farther down the street. Note that Stealth mode was on this morning, but I have noticed the dash lights brightening in the morning with stealth mode off too (and only DRL's on)

Between this and my auto start/stop not having worked all summer made me question the health of my battery, so I measured it at a more than good at 863cca on a 850cca battery.

So is this just something I'm only noticing now after 4 years of ownership, or should I be concerned?

Thanks
S.Chapman

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe down by your right knee there is a turn button that pops out and is to alter the brightness of the dash.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have that set at about 3/4 on, I’ll adjust it a little and see if it still does it maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This and many other autos alter the interior brightness separate of the auto headlights. This is all controlled by the light sensor on the dashboard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had my Fpace S in for service and mentioned this and the no auto start/stop issue and they “reset the telematics” which has seemed to have stopped this from happening. (edit, nope it just did it again this morning ...the dash brightening irespective of the DRL must be something I just never noticed before) There also must be another battery involved or something as the stop/start (and also explained on their work order) took a little time for it to recharge
🤔

1 - 5 of 5 Posts