Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I put 18" ones on my R sport from Tire rack. Best price and most efficient for snow. No big deal at all. Working perfectly....

Attachments

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks but will it work on an S? Are the brakes the same across the line?
Just build a set on tirerack.com and you will have all your options....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And there lies the problem. Tire Rack says it will work and claims that all F-Pace trims have the same size brakes so 19" wheels will work on all F-Paces. I have found Tire Rack reliable over the years I've done business with them. But then a Jaguar dealer says no, the 19" will probably not work. So, I was looking for some experience that I could share with the dealer to sort through this. Was wondering if anyone on the forum has actually used 19" wheels on the "S". If the brakes are the same on the "R" then your experience would be relevant. Thanks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have 18" aftermarket wheels and snows on my R-Sport as well (had factory 20s). I think the brakes on the S are the same size, just have "fancier calipers". I don't see anything that indicates the brakes on the S are larger.. The SVR may be different story when that comes out...

Just cross-referenced brake parts online....the R-Sport and S models seem to both have 350mm brake rotors on the front...rear clearance should be no problem at all. But maybe the shape of the front caliper may be the issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 19" NICHE wheels on my 2017 S. I can say they just fit. There is not much space between the caliper and the Valve Cap. If I could buy the wheels again, I would choose 20".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JagMills, would you do 20" because of the tight clearance or for some other reason? How wide are your 19" NICHE wheels and what is the offset? Thx.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in New England where there's tons of snow and uneven roads. I'm looking for function over aesthetics, although I think a 19" rim in black with snows will look quite purposeful. I'm happy with my 20" look for summer. Anyway, back to the question - will it work?

·
Registered
516 Posts
The F-Pace doesn't look right with those tiny tires. STick with 22s or 20s for the winter.
This is what we call an "opinion", lol. It doesn't look great with 18" rims and high sidewall tires, but as noted, it's function over form for the weather we get up here. Cheap rims and good snow tires win over good looks this time of year. Our roads get chewed to pieces by the plows, and you'll find surface hitting several tooth-jarring potholes each week...and be thankful you don't have lower profile tires until they fix them in the Spring.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
And there lies the problem. Tire Rack says it will work and claims that all F-Pace trims have the same size brakes so 19" wheels will work on all F-Paces. I have found Tire Rack reliable over the years I've done business with them. But then a Jaguar dealer says no, the 19" will probably not work. So, I was looking for some experience that I could share with the dealer to sort through this. Was wondering if anyone on the forum has actually used 19" wheels on the "S". If the brakes are the same on the "R" then your experience would be relevant. Thanks.
That's because the dealer wants to sell you 4500.00 winter tires VS 1378 all in + 70.00 rebate like I paid.... If tire rack is wrong, they will make it right with you.. who sells more tires and rims??

OH and @Trek..... Nobody gives a S%#T what rims and tires look like at 15 deg outside... you put on winter 22's and I'll run my 18" ones up against you anywhere.....Very predictable which ones will be better and at LEAST 1000.00 cheaper....>:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issue guys however heard here that evoque rims would fit as well, that would be a cheaper option. Has anyone used evoque rims as winters on their f pace s?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Having the same issue guys however heard here that evoque rims would fit as well, that would be a cheaper option. Has anyone used evoque rims as winters on their f pace s?
One of the Canada guys just did this... @richard or @douglas I believe. Not sure if they are in an S though....might have been Portfolio.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here are pictures of the wheel and tire. I forgot the offset, I think it's 37. It is OK but I think if I chose stock offset, I would not get a lot of dirt or snow on the side panels.
If you don't like the limited space between the caliper and wheel, try to avoid 19" or at least 19" NICHE wheels.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts