Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meridian™ Sound System 380W to 825W

I am trying to add a center-fill speaker. Does anyone has any idea for that?

Do I need to swap out the Amplifier and do software upgrade?

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Meridian™ Sound System 380W to 825W

I am trying to add a center-fill speaker. Does anyone has any idea for that?

Do I need to swap out the Amplifier and do software upgrade?

any help is appreciated
It's possible only if you have ICTP - 10' screen (wire for ICT is different).

You'll need 16 ch 825W amplifier (Amp is under driver seat).
3 coaxial speakers (1 for center and 2 for back), 2 plastic trims for rear channels.
Be aware - there are no wires for central speaker and back speakers.

And, you'll need to change car cfg file, using SDD software.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's possible only if you have ICTP - 10' screen (wire for ICT is different).

You'll need 16 ch 825W amplifier (Amp is under driver seat).
3 coaxial speakers (1 for center and 2 for back), 2 plastic trims for rear channels.
Be aware - there are no wires for central speaker and back speakers.

And, you'll need to change car cfg file, using SDD software.

Thank you for replying and the information.

I have ICT, not Pro. So in order to upgrade the speaker, I need to swap theICT to ICTP? That seems a lot of work and very costly to do it.

For the Car cfg file, is that need to connect to car onboard computer to program?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately 380W system do not has any cable for that center piece. See my previous post:

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/mod...e-meridian-380w-user-middle-dash-speaker.html
Thank you!

I may able to get the cable to the under the driver seat.

Could I do it without swap out AMP and ICT, and just use the original 12 channel AMP and connect the center filled speaker to the Midrange slot and Tweeter slot in the AMP?

I am looking for a simple way and cost-effective way to improve the sounds system slightly.

Thank you for everyone information and helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for replying and the information.

I have ICT, not Pro. So in order to upgrade the speaker, I need to swap theICT to ICTP? That seems a lot of work and very costly to do it.

For the Car cfg file, is that need to connect to car onboard computer to program?
Definitely. You can't do it easily.
ICT and ICTP uses different data protocols and equipment.

ICT - AHU (The Audio Head Unit (AHU) is located in the center of the instrument panel, below the TS (screen)).
ICTP - IMC (The Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) is located on the left side of the luggage compartment).
AAMs (amplifiers) are different for 12Ch ICTP and 12Ch ICT. They are using different data protocols, und incompatible wires (High speed CAN infotainment systems bus between the AHU and the AAM for ICT, BroadR-Reach® ethernet from IMC to AAM for ICTP).

So, I think swiping ICT to ICTP might be very expensive and probably you can not find all necessary spare parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you!

I may able to get the cable to the under the driver seat.

Could I do it without swap out AMP and ICT, and just use the original 12 channel AMP and connect the center filled speaker to the Midrange slot and Tweeter slot in the AMP?

I am looking for a simple way and cost-effective way to improve the sounds system slightly.

Thank you for everyone information and helps!
There is no output for central channel from your AMP.
So it is pointless to install central channel to your system.

You can add some noise insulation to your car doors - it will rise sound quality slightly. Or you can use aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

ICT - AHU (The Audio Head Unit (AHU) is located in the center of the instrument panel, below the TS (screen)).
ICTP - IMC (The Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) is located on the left side of the luggage compartment).
AAMs (amplifiers) are different for 12Ch ICTP and 12Ch ICT. They are using different data protocols, und incompatible wires (High speed CAN infotainment systems bus between the AHU and the AAM for ICT, BroadR-Reach® ethernet from IMC to AAM for ICTP).

So, I think swiping ICT to ICTP might be very expensive and probably you can not find all necessary spare parts.
Thank you for sharing these information digrams. I understand much better now!
Appreciated a lot!

·
Registered
4 Posts

@Baziran- Do you have the rest of the document you posted the first page of in this post? I'd really like to get all the info possible on the Meridian systems!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Billqs,

Yes. correct. I only added the speaker only without changing other parts or the equipment.
How is that sounding for you? How loud do you play the Center and does it enhance your center soundstage? I am contemplating something similar but I've been told I should go for a $$ DSP surround sound and new amp setup. I would like to have something to compare.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is that sounding for you? How loud do you play the Center and does it enhance your center soundstage? I am contemplating something similar but I've been told I should go for a $$ DSP surround sound and new amp setup. I would like to have something to compare.
Sometimes I do go pretty loud have no problem at all. By upgrading DSP surround and new amp setup, it will better in the technical specification for sure, but I am not sure how good it will improve because of the speaker matters too.

The 380 W (11 speakers) and 825 W (17 speakers) system are missing 3 sets of speakers. The 825 system has 2 modules speaker in the back of the rear seat and 1 module speaker in the front center.

Each module speaker has two speakers inside.

I only add one speaker in the front which is two speakers. By seating at the front notice the sound difference.

Since no one really seats in the back of the car, so I didn't add any speakers to the back.

So, now my car has 13 speakers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sometimes I do go pretty loud have no problem at all. By upgrading DSP surround and new amp setup, it will better in the technical specification for sure, but I am not sure how good it will improve because of the speaker matters too.

The 380 W (11 speakers) and 825 W (17 speakers) system are missing 3 sets of speakers. The 825 system has 2 modules speaker in the back of the rear seat and 1 module speaker in the front center.

Each module speaker has two speakers inside.

I only add one speaker in the front which is two speakers. By seating at the front notice the sound difference.

Since no one really seats in the back of the car, so I didn't add any speakers to the back.

So, now my car has 13 speakers.
Hey Jacky! I ordered a 4" infinity Reference speaker to drop in the center. Which wires did you tap on the 380w system? What colors and where, at the amp? It's tough to get to the amp since the air vent sits over the cables, but I have it open while I do the wireless carplay update ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Jacky! I ordered a 4" infinity Reference speaker to drop in the center. Which wires did you tap on the 380w system? What colors and where, at the amp? It's tough to get to the amp since the air vent sits over the cables, but I have it open while I do the wireless carplay update ;)
Also, how did you pull/push the wires down from the center hole? I thought it would be easy, but doesn't look like there's an easy route without pulling the front screen/controls (which I don't know how to approach). Curious as to how you pulled it off!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts