Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

I just joined this forum for some guidance and help.

I leased my Jaguar Fpace a few months ago and from the first month i have had issues and disappointments. I would like to know if these issues will fall under the lemon law or others had the same problem. I have taken it to the dealer several times and they keep telling me for the most part they either don't see the issue or that i have to wait for some kind of update. I have since video taped the issues for proof for the next time i take it in.

1 - Windshield washer fluid level keeps indicating i am low. They changed the censor once and now its back again even know its not low

2 - When the radio is off you can still hear the radio playing very low from one of the speakers.

3 - Its a hit or miss with having the ability to change the radio channels. The system just freezes when turning on the car and the stations don't populate and cant be changed. At times this goes away after a few minutes but most times i have to turn off the car wait a few minutes, turn on the car and hope the radio boots correctly. They keep telling me that there needs to be an update on the car something which they don't have yet but I's still waiting and i feel this is unfair where its something they knew from the beginning and i wasn't informed.

4 - While driving or the car being idle the whole navi, radio system shuts down and just reboots.

5 - At times when i put the car in reverse and the reverse camera turns on, the picture lags. it goes away after 20-30 seconds but still its a brand new Jaguar!

6- when i turn on the car, its makes a noise it didn't from day one. It used to hum when turning it on, now when you turn it on it sounds like when a timing belt is old and takes a few min to warm up until the noise stops. Again the dealership says they don't hear anything because by the time i get the car is warmed up and the noise stops.

If someone out there can please help me. I'm paying top dollar for this lease. i didn't haggle or negotiate because i was very excited to get the car. but i am extremely disappointment. Can someone give me some pointers, guidance or someone to call to help me.

Thank You in advance

·
Registered
258 Posts
HI all,

I leased my Jaguar Fpace a few months ago and from the first month i have had issues and disappointments. I would like to know if these issues will fall under the lemon law or others had the same problem. I have taken it to the dealer several times and they keep telling me for the most part they either don't see the issue or that i have to wait for some kind of update. I have since video taped the issues for proof for the next time i take it in.

1 - Windshield washer fluid level keeps indicating i am low. They changed the censor once and now its back again even know its not low

2 - When the radio is off you can still hear the radio playing very low from one of the speakers.

3 - Its a hit or miss with having the ability to change the radio channels. The system just freezes when turning on the car and the stations don't populate and cant be changed. At times this goes away after a few minutes but most times i have to turn off the car wait a few minutes, turn on the car and hope the radio boots correctly. They keep telling me that there needs to be an update on the car something which they don't have yet but I's still waiting and i feel this is unfair where its something they knew from the beginning and i wasn't informed.

4 - While driving or the car being idle the whole navi, radio system shuts down and just reboots.

5 - At times when i put the car in reverse and the reverse camera turns on, the picture lags. it goes away after 20-30 seconds but still its a brand new Jaguar!

6- when i turn on the car, its makes a noise it didn't from day one. It used to hum when turning it on, now when you turn it on it sounds like when a timing belt is old and takes a few min to warm up until the noise stops. Again the dealership says they don't hear anything because by the time i get the car is warmed up and the noise stops.

If someone out there can please help me. I'm paying top dollar for this lease. i didn't haggle or negotiate because i was very excited to get the car. but i am extremely disappointment. Can someone give me some pointers, guidance or someone to call to help me.

Thank You in advance
I would contact Jaguar NA and express your concerns. They have been helpful to many people on the forum. I am guessing you chose a car off the dealers lot that may have been sitting on their lot for a while. Most of the early purchasers had issues like you have mentioned. The FP's coming in the last 6 months or so have, for the most part, those issues resolved.

I picked up my first FP late May or early June of last year and experienced some of the issues you mentioned. All of the issues I had were corrected by the service department. My 2nd FP which I ordered late November and picked up the end of February has not experienced any issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you clarify "Jaguar NA"? because the dealership doesn't seem like they want to help me. Is there a corporate Jaguar that i can contact?

·
Registered
578 Posts
HI all,

Thank You in advance
Although you have been specific in the faults that are troubling you, it's hard to comment since the bulk of them (radio, camera, nav) may or may not be software related.

Since there have been major updates to software installed originally, and newer builds are already benefitting from significant software overhauls, it's hard to comment without knowing:-

1. .... do you have ICT or ICTP?
2. .... what is your build date ("a few months ago" means what?)
3. .... if your build was in calendar 2016, have you had any software updates? .... the 2.5 update has, in the past addressed many of the symptoms you describe

This probably does not answer the washer fluid issue or the odd noise, but it might address what seem to be the most egregious concerns.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I found Jaguar NA to be very responsive through their FaceBook page and/or through FB PM.

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
245 Posts
This advice applies to every single brand, if you are not getting satisfaction after hitting a couple dealerships, escalate to corporate immediately. Up front of that, never, ever, fill out their satisfaction form for at least a solid 6 weeks. They will jump through some serious hoops when they now you're sitting on it. Really, they get some grief and lose ching when you voice your dissatisfaction. Particularly important here because you have a car that needs updating and possibly a module change or two. Dealers don't like doing this because the return from Jaguar is less than other work (the time Jag specs is less than it actually takes) and their stalls are full because the entire dealer network is stretched to the limit due to F-Pace sales vastly increasing the amount of work dealers have in their service departments.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
This advice applies to every single brand, if you are not getting satisfaction after hitting a couple dealerships, escalate to corporate immediately. Up front of that, never, ever, fill out their satisfaction form for at least a solid 6 weeks. They will jump through some serious hoops when they now you're sitting on it. Really, they get some grief and lose ching when you voice your dissatisfaction. Particularly important here because you have a car that needs updating and possibly a module change or two. Dealers don't like doing this because the return from Jaguar is less than other work (the time Jag specs is less than it actually takes) and their stalls are full because the entire dealer network is stretched to the limit due to F-Pace sales vastly increasing the amount of work dealers have in their service departments.
They should be happy sales are up. Increased sales = job security

·
Registered
245 Posts
It's all about the money, but you know that. In fairness it isn't just Jag, if you had an early idrive or command equipped car you saw the same over there. BMW was the worst in their early idrive years, their reprogram was an all day affair and more often than not required several tries to get it done. The dealers hated it because they didn't even get paid for a full day on it which led to them to doing every thing they could to avoid clogging a paying stall with programming. Contacting BMW corporate was the go to methodology and eventually I would ask the service department if they wanted to schedule me now or after I contacted BMW and they would go ahead and schedule it in most cases because I had already done it previously. Didn't like it though, they would try to claim almost anything to avoid a garage queen being parked in one of their highly profitable stalls.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Here we go again with sweeping negative statements about Jaguar dealers and dealers in general. Seems to me, if the OP is really asking for help, rather than just venting, getting specific about the build date and what updates have and have not been applied would be a sensible start (see post #4).

As a sample of one, we have a great relationship with our dealer and when they get timely support from Jaguar (which is not always the case) they have provided excellent service for both a 2009 XF and our new F-Pace, irrespective of the "return from Jaguar".

Just sayin!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congratulations to Those of You with Stellar Dealers

Here we go again with sweeping negative statements about Jaguar dealers and dealers in general. Seems to me, if the OP is really asking for help, rather than just venting, getting specific about the build date and what updates have and have not been applied would be a sensible start (see post #4).

As a sample of one, we have a great relationship with our dealer and when they get timely support from Jaguar (which is not always the case) they have provided excellent service for both a 2009 XF and our new F-Pace, irrespective of the "return from Jaguar".

Just sayin!
Goody for you!

The fact is that some dealerships ARE terrible, and do not know the first thing about customer service. It is not so much about solving the problems as it is about being responsive, empathetic, and supportive. Of course, in the end, the problems need to be solved, but one should not have to jump through hoops to get the attention one deserves....whether buying/leasing a $20k car or $60k car.

If you are working with a stellar dealer, then bravo, making the assumption other dealers are stellar is a very incorrect assumption.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Do you use Rain-X by any chance? That's been known to damage wiper sensors.
Dabitz I really like you and your cat pictures...but I have to call BS on this one...:)

Can you point to a forum or an article pertaining to this?..I would really like to see some proof on this claim.

As I know, the rain sensor is inside the car and looks at a refraction through the windshield when rain drops are on it...So in regards to the sensor, there is no physical contact with rain or windshield washer solutions to be damaged...Then again, I could be all wet:laugh:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Dabitz I really like you and your cat pictures...but I have to call BS on this one...:)

Can you point to a forum or an article pertaining to this?..I would really like to see some proof on this claim.

As I know, the rain sensor is inside the car and looks at a refraction through the windshield when rain drops are on it...So in regards to the sensor, there is no physical contact with rain or windshield washer solutions to be damaged...Then again, I could be all wet:laugh:

I think DAMAGE is incorrect, but I have seen on other forums that Rain X and similar products, fools the sensors into thinking it is raining less hard than it is, thus not starting to swipe when needed or not often enough....

That doesn't make it a bad product ( I use it on occasion...) but can alter the dynamics of Rain sensing wipers......

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you all for the help and advice. I have contacted Jaguar NA and lets see how it goes. I am not looking to complain, i am asking for advice. I wouldn't know where to get some of this info you guys a referring to (ie built date) or even know if i have ICT or ICTP. If you can guide me and tell me where i can get this info it'll be helpful. i got the car first week of February.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
578 Posts
thank you all for the help and advice. I have contacted Jaguar NA and lets see how it goes. I am not looking to complain, i am asking for advice. I wouldn't know where to get some of this info you guys a referring to (ie built date) or even know if i have ICT or ICTP. If you can guide me and tell me where i can get this info it'll be helpful. i got the car first week of February.

thanks for the help
For starters, do you have a large touch-screen (ICTP) or a smaller screen with physical buttons up each side (ICT)? Perhaps a visit to Jaguar NA web-site will help to see images of the difference.

For a February purchase, was the car brand new? Was it off the dealer's lot?

·
Registered
22 Posts

thanks for the help

The build date (Month/Year) can be found by opening the driver's door and looking at the label on the pillar that is exposed.

ICT - In Control Touch
ICTP - In Control Touch Pro

If your instrument cluster is completely digital you have ICTP. If you have analog gauges for speed and engine rpm with actual moving plastic needles you have ICT.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I think DAMAGE is incorrect, but I have seen on other forums that Rain X and similar products, fools the sensors into thinking it is raining less hard than it is, thus not starting to swipe when needed or not often enough....

That doesn't make it a bad product ( I use it on occasion...) but can alter the dynamics of Rain sensing wipers......
Intuitively, this is probably true. The same for Ceramic Pro.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i have the touch screen with buttons on the side, which is the ICT screen and the car was built 11/16

what does this tell you?
It means that the specific updates (2.5) mentioned above are not applicable to you. It also means that my experience is not of any value to you, since I have an ICTP system. I have not seen mention of similar bugs with ICT here on this forum and in any event I would be speculating.

On the built date, it was around November that some significant changes were made, but again, I'm speaking from an ICTP base .... don't know what might have been equally applicable to your vehicle.

My surmise is that you bought off the lot and perhaps the dealer(s) have not been persnickety in keeping the car up to date. If the dealer is not co-operative, your best remedy is Jaguar NA. Be sure to include your VIN # in your communications. That will allow them to check on the history of what's been done and what might be outstanding.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts