Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto Start/Stop Permanently Off!

Guys,

I bit the bullet and disconnect this plug as defined in the directions on the other forum that UnCheel posted.

Disengage auto stop/start 2017 F-Pace - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I just finished it and it's a bit late, but from my drive around the neighborhood, it does seem like it works. I did have to disconnect both of the bigger plugs in that silver connector in the very back right corner of the vehicle. You do need to pull both the hanging hook which is just to the right of the fuse panel access door, and also have to remove the luggage hold down (Chrome) with an allen wrench. From there just work the carpeted panel very carefully from the back weather strip, under the upper plastic panel (one with the rear seat fold down lever). You may also have to pick up the rear brushed aluminum panel with the lights (FE) to slide the carpeted panel out enough to access the switches. You definitely need some type of light to see what you are doing. The two big connectors come off pretty easy with just depressing their release mechanisms and sliding them off with a flat blade screwdriver. Pulling the one in the picture was a little more challenging, as the release mechanism is tough to reach and still have leverage to pull the plug. The release is on the far left of the connector, just depress it, and carefully pull the connector off the block. Plug the two big connectors back in, return all the panels, and reseat the weather strip, return the luggage hook and hold down connector, and you are good to go.

I did have to reset quite a few number of my presets which were setup when I originally configured the car, this includes using AM/PM rather than 24 hour clock, weather you have a clock, leaper or the music on the left side display, among a few others. I assume this happened since I disconnect the other two connectors.

I will be testing this out a bit more tomorrow, but when I started the car, the auto start/stop light was illuminated, but as you can see with the video below, after a few minutes it goes off and it didn't come back on during my short test drive. I didn't try to turn it back on though, so I'll have to try that tomorrow.

Here is a shot of the video of the Auto SS light going out on it's own.

Reactions: billj04

·
Registered
47 Posts
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
LOL, it seems a few took the plunge on the other site first, so I don't think I'm the beta tester. It's simple enough to plug back in, and I was getting plenty frustrated by hearing the **** thing stop since I forgot to push the button and the air conditioning go warm with all the heat we've had here in the east!

I'll post a progress report later today or tomorrow. I expect everything to be fine from my test drive last night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you so much! Followed your brief and so thrilled to have this issue resolved.

Did the same to my F-Type as soon as a fix was available and it has been brilliant ever since.

Happy days!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Guys, I did a longer test drive this morning. Car is working perfectly fine, the only issue is that the Auto Start/Stop will not engage! Darn, I'm so disappointed. So after about 30 seconds after starting the car, the Auto SS light goes out. The indicator graphic on the left side of the dash showing it is disengaged then comes on. If you try to hit the button, the multifunction display momentarily states Auto Start/Stop Fault, after 5 seconds that goes away. There is no other indicator on the dash staying anything is amiss. I ran the car in all modes, ECO, Normal and Dynamic for about 20 miles with multiple stops and starts and it operates just like your pressed the button yourself.

I will let you guys know immediately if something else comes up but so far it looks like a pretty easy fix to permanently disengaged the Auto SS.

With that said, some tidbits from my exploring last night in the back of the F-Pace. There is a quite elaborate power setup back there. There is a another fuse box/power brick to the right side kind of under the jack box, which easily pulls out (it's held by Velcro). Pic of this one below. And there is a big junction (pic below as well) on top of the battery.

Also, sorry no pic of this but there is enough room in the boot to put an additional full size battery (Scotty your Good!) or a full size tool box with all the tools you need to fix anything that happens with your F-Pace, that is when your warranty and service coverage runs out.

Again, this mod with the Start Stop is pretty easy. While the pics on the Jag site are for the F-Type, the configuration of that panel in the F-Pace is very similar, just a bit bigger. There are three connectors in that box, the two big ones you need to remove to get at the little one which is the one you need to disconnect. The hardest part was getting the carpet panel pulled away enough to get at the box.

Proceed with caution since you are messing with the electronics but as long as you tie that connector off after you disconnect it so it doesn't short out, you should be good to go.

Proceed with care, but if you are game, you can disable Auto Start/Stop permanently.

Reactions: hv2gmbl

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
It's like everything else on this vehicle. Every piece of electronics is slow at best and works when it wants to. Or, maybe not. And they said they worked closely with Intel. For what? To get rid of some old processors they had lying around. The only thing fast about this vehicle is the speed. Sorry for the sour grapes but issues just keep piling on.

·
Registered
521 Posts
PA, any tips for removing the black plastic hook? Does it simply pull out with some force applied, or is there a trick to it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's like everything else on this vehicle. Every piece of electronics is slow at best and works when it wants to. Or, maybe not. And they said they worked closely with Intel. For what? To get rid of some old processors they had lying around. The only thing fast about this vehicle is the speed. Sorry for the sour grapes but issues just keep piling on.
Unfortunately, it sounds like your vehicle is plagued with issues but is not representative of all others. Is that fair to say?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PA, any tips for removing the black plastic hook? Does it simply pull out with some force applied, or is there a trick to it?
Yes, look at teh very top of that hook, you'll see a rectangle grab both ends and pull out with your finger nails or two small flat blade screw drivers. It's a press expanding fastener.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
Unfortunately, it sounds like your vehicle is plagued with issues but is not representative of all others. Is that fair to say?
I like many others are having issues with the electronics in the vehicle. Is mine typical maybe not but in general there is not a bug free ICT/ICTP system out there. Keep in mind for those that have not tried all the available options they may not be aware of issues.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good point, RoonieQ. Well known phenomenal on Internet forums, that most people that post have complaints. Those who don't have problems ( or don't know that they have problems) are rarely heard from.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
My bad I did not mean to take over the Auto Stop/Start thread. If you wish to continue this conversation we should start a new or add to an existing electronics thread, again my apologies.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quick update guys. I'm heading in for service on a bunch of things tomorrow. So I just put the F-Pace back to the normal setup with the Auto Start/Stop plug I disengaged above, reengaged again. All is back to operating like it used to with Auto Start/Stop working like normal (annoying!!!!). For the time i had that plugged pulled, I didn't notice any side effects, all aspects of the vehicle operated just like it always have as long as I pushed Auto Start/Stop right after starting the car, that being absolutely fine with Auto Start/Stop off. So if any of you are still second guessing the change, it took me all of 5 minutes to put it back now that I knew exactly what to remove, and how to put everything back.

I'll let you all know how my service appointment goes tomorrow. My list is pretty long, this is what it is going in for this time.
• Spring isolator issue – I’m only hearing the sounds occasionally.*
• Rattle, or squeak from the front dash area, seems behind the steering wheel. *Very light sound but there whenever the car is moving.
• Passenger front entryway, gash that was touched up with gloss black that doesn’t match the panel.** Panel needs to be replaced.*
• Backup Camera does not come on from time to time, it seems to be mostly when you are in reverse, then go back to forward, then drop back to reverse, it doesn’t show.
• The passenger side mirror does the drop when backing up, but about 25% of the time it doesn’t move back up when shifting to drive. You need to press memory to get it to move back up.
• Rough Idle, engine running on less that 6 cylinders for about 10 minutes of driving. Hasn’t happened again but can we please check codes.*
• Front Passenger side Sensors False Positive, pretty much all the time after pulling out of my garage and then moving forward.*
• AT&T SIM won’t stay in the carrier.* **Also when it is in the carrier, it often is searching or reading the SIM.** Not sure why this happens so frequently.*
• The Navigation Screen doesn’t always transition to night mode (Black background) properly; it ends up being very bright driving at night. Is there a sensitivity setting or an ability to transition it to night mode manually?
• Several times the Air Conditioner has started pushing out warmer air, humid even, then it becomes cold again.*** Twice this has semi fogged the lower part of the windshield.***
• Body issues
o Jaguar Leaper is loose on the rear tailgate.
o As is the J in Jaguar.
• ICTP
o Software Update Available?* If Yes please apply, but don’t just reflash my car with an existing software release.** I have issues below, but I can work around them for now.** I’m looking to get these fixed when a new SW release is actually put out.** Also, please make sure the tech follows the instructions about not turning the car off on the Topix about updates.**** A friends F-Pace ICTP controller was bricked by the tech not following these directions at a different dealership.* *Tech turned the car off while the update was processing.* **He’s waiting on his ICTP Controller to come back from Jaguar after they reflashed it.*** He’s been without a car for almost 2 weeks. **I do not want to go down that road… sorry if this is obvious for you guys.**
o Issues with ICTP so far
♣ Sirius Drops and doesn’t come back. **I can sometimes get it back by going to FM and then back again, other times I have to shut the car off to get it back.
♣ iPhone only connects 85% of the time.*
♣ Volume is sometimes not working and at times I can’t even turn the stereo off, it takes about 2 minutes then it all comes back to be operational again. This has happened 4 times, mainly when the bad sensor above, kicks in with its beeping. **
♣ CD Loading to Media Storage, don’t get proper Gracenote data.
♣ CDs don’t always plan, sometimes get stuck.
♣ When using the Route Planning app, sending a route to the car caused Nav to get stuck in a loop.**
♣ Not all of the songs in the playlists on my iPhone are being loaded by InControl Music.
♣ Car can’t use iPhone hotspot regularly.** Only connects 25% of the time.
♣ Music sound will increase for about 5 seconds and then decrease on its own from time to time.
• Does the gas gap lid lock when the car’s locked?* ***It doesn’t seem to lock if it is supposed to.
• Do the memory seats synch up with the keyfob so it recognizes who is entering the vehicle to memory position in some way?** If it supposed to do that it’s not working.
• When you remote start the car, if you do something like open the rear hatch when you get to the car, it shuts down.** Is this as designed?** It’s just strange how it works, since at times you need to put stuff in the boot before getting in the driver seat and pressing the brake. *** Also if you get in the car and you don’t hit the brake fast enough it also shuts down.*** At least that’s how it is working in my car.

Hopefully it won't take a week to get my car back!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Quick update guys. I'm heading in for service on a bunch of things tomorrow. So I just put the F-Pace back to the normal setup with the Auto Start/Stop plug I disengaged above, reengaged again. All is back to operating like it used to with Auto Start/Stop working like normal (annoying!!!!). For the time i had that plugged pulled, I didn't notice any side effects, all aspects of the vehicle operated just like it always have as long as I pushed Auto Start/Stop right after starting the car, that being absolutely fine with Auto Start/Stop off. So if any of you are still second guessing the change, it took me all of 5 minutes to put it back now that I knew exactly what to remove, and how to put everything back.

I'll let you all know how my service appointment goes tomorrow. My list is pretty long, this is what it is going in for this time.
? Spring isolator issue ? I?m only hearing the sounds occasionally.*
? Rattle, or squeak from the front dash area, seems behind the steering wheel. *Very light sound but there whenever the car is moving.
? Passenger front entryway, gash that was touched up with gloss black that doesn?t match the panel.** Panel needs to be replaced.*
? Backup Camera does not come on from time to time, it seems to be mostly when you are in reverse, then go back to forward, then drop back to reverse, it doesn?t show.
? The passenger side mirror does the drop when backing up, but about 25% of the time it doesn?t move back up when shifting to drive. You need to press memory to get it to move back up.
? Rough Idle, engine running on less that 6 cylinders for about 10 minutes of driving. Hasn?t happened again but can we please check codes.*
? Front Passenger side Sensors False Positive, pretty much all the time after pulling out of my garage and then moving forward.*
? AT&T SIM won?t stay in the carrier.* **Also when it is in the carrier, it often is searching or reading the SIM.** Not sure why this happens so frequently.*
? The Navigation Screen doesn?t always transition to night mode (Black background) properly; it ends up being very bright driving at night. Is there a sensitivity setting or an ability to transition it to night mode manually?
? Several times the Air Conditioner has started pushing out warmer air, humid even, then it becomes cold again.*** Twice this has semi fogged the lower part of the windshield.***
? Body issues
o Jaguar Leaper is loose on the rear tailgate.
o As is the J in Jaguar.
? ICTP
o Software Update Available?* If Yes please apply, but don?t just reflash my car with an existing software release.** I have issues below, but I can work around them for now.** I?m looking to get these fixed when a new SW release is actually put out.** Also, please make sure the tech follows the instructions about not turning the car off on the Topix about updates.**** A friends F-Pace ICTP controller was bricked by the tech not following these directions at a different dealership.* *Tech turned the car off while the update was processing.* **He?s waiting on his ICTP Controller to come back from Jaguar after they reflashed it.*** He?s been without a car for almost 2 weeks. **I do not want to go down that road? sorry if this is obvious for you guys.**
o Issues with ICTP so far
♣ Sirius Drops and doesn?t come back. **I can sometimes get it back by going to FM and then back again, other times I have to shut the car off to get it back.
♣ iPhone only connects 85% of the time.*
♣ Volume is sometimes not working and at times I can?t even turn the stereo off, it takes about 2 minutes then it all comes back to be operational again. This has happened 4 times, mainly when the bad sensor above, kicks in with its beeping. **
♣ CD Loading to Media Storage, don?t get proper Gracenote data.
♣ CDs don?t always plan, sometimes get stuck.
♣ When using the Route Planning app, sending a route to the car caused Nav to get stuck in a loop.**
♣ Not all of the songs in the playlists on my iPhone are being loaded by InControl Music.
♣ Car can?t use iPhone hotspot regularly.** Only connects 25% of the time.
♣ Music sound will increase for about 5 seconds and then decrease on its own from time to time.
? Does the gas gap lid lock when the car?s locked?* ***It doesn?t seem to lock if it is supposed to.
? Do the memory seats synch up with the keyfob so it recognizes who is entering the vehicle to memory position in some way?** If it supposed to do that it?s not working.
? When you remote start the car, if you do something like open the rear hatch when you get to the car, it shuts down.** Is this as designed?** It?s just strange how it works, since at times you need to put stuff in the boot before getting in the driver seat and pressing the brake. *** Also if you get in the car and you don?t hit the brake fast enough it also shuts down.*** At least that?s how it is working in my car.

Hopefully it won't take a week to get my car back!
We have a rattle behind our steering wheel too. I figured out it was the hard plastic underside of the gauge cluster (or screen) cover. I can put my finger on it and it stops rattling. You can even tap it slightly and hear the rattle while you're sitting still, it's just a hair too loose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just did this yesterday. Wife couldn't be happier!

It took me a little longer as I couldn't pull the carpet "down and out" following the instructions. I ended up removing all the fasteners on that carpet panel, took the floor cover, the spare, the jack, and the scuff plate out and just lifted the carpet panel up to access it. I didn't have to mess with the weather strip.

Reactions: 4Holer

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also did the unplug for start/stop yesterday. It's a bit tricky getting to small plug to disengage it. I ended up taking the 10mmbolt & nut of the module where everything is pluged into, then pulled towards me on an angle, was very easy to unplug then. put bolts back in and your done.

Thank you to whomever discovered this easy mod, much appreciated.

·
Banned
298 Posts
I've said it before & say it again. Completely ridiculous that one has to mess with the complex electronics in a brand new vehicle to disable this idiotic feature. Jaguar needs to follow BMW's lead & simple allow dealers to code the ASS off permanently..

1 - 20 of 102 Posts