Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
The wife said she noticed this backing out of the garage once. She restarted and it was gone. Any info on if yours cleared or any other insight in case it comes back ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the lights when the message appeared but didn't notice any bulbs out. Didn't drive it today but I'll be watching for the message tomorrow and report back.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Noticed a "dipped beam fault" on dash display when I pulled into my building parking space tonight. Didn't bother to check it as it's going for annual service tomorrow so I'll see if it's still there then and if any actual headlight issue.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Service going to check but seems to be transitory glitch, wasn't present this am.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Service said there was a very old dipped beam fault code but nothing recent. They've seen this before. Has always been a transitory thing.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
When they did the PDI on my car, they had a continuous dipped beam fault message. One of the connector pins from the headlights was bent and not making a good connection at the BCM (body control module). Replaced pin and no messages since. Not your situation, but may help someone in the future.

Reactions: GRVR and VZX-CO

·
Registered
326 Posts
got this today out of the blue. after starting the car the left headlight moved from left to center (projecting against a wall in front of me) and eventually settled far to the left. so my right headlight was pointing straight ahead, left one maybe 45 degrees left of forward. will check it out in the morning, hopefully doesn't return.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Maybe not entirely related, but we ended up turning off the automatic HI beams as it was constantly blinding oncoming traffic.. Just isn't sensitive enough to turn off in time. Is this adjustable?

·
Registered
457 Posts
got this today out of the blue. after starting the car the left headlight moved from left to center (projecting against a wall in front of me) and eventually settled far to the left. so my right headlight was pointing straight ahead, left one maybe 45 degrees left of forward. will check it out in the morning, hopefully doesn't return.

Ugh...our historically problem free (except ASS system) Fpace just got this "dipped beam default" warning. left beam goes nutty while the right headlight scratches it's head wondering if it's supposed to be doing something... Has been coming on but now the fault is there for good it seems...

boy do I love warranties :)

Will report back on fix when we can get it in and fixed. Seems like 30 day wait for service anymore :crying:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Maybe not entirely related, but we ended up turning off the automatic HI beams as it was constantly blinding oncoming traffic.. Just isn't sensitive enough to turn off in time. Is this adjustable?
had to turn mine off too, first time it stayed on for oncoming traffic around a curve until they got pretty close and were glaring at me. 2nd time i was following maybe 20 or 30 feet behind someone and as they started slowing normally for a stop sign the brights went on. they raised their hands up like wth and all I could do was wave lol.
other than that they worked for the 4 months or so I left that feature on, but now I just leave it off. not worth pissing someone off for a tiny bit of convenience.
definitely needs some tweaking.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ugh...our historically problem free (except ASS system) Fpace just got this "dipped beam default" warning. left beam goes nutty while the right headlight scratches it's head wondering if it's supposed to be doing something... Has been coming on but now the fault is there for good it seems...

boy do I love warranties :)

Will report back on fix when we can get it in and fixed. Seems like 30 day wait for service anymore :crying:
Finally got in and got this fixed. They had to replace the whole headlight assembly. All is good. Warranties rock. (y)

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 13 of 13 Posts