Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 F-Pace w/LED headlights

I am so happy to have found a place where people know about these things because it is not easy finding info for the DIY guy. Tons of good info in here - thank you all for that! I haven't been able to find my exact issue so I thought I would ask. I no longer have the "hum" of the LED cooling fan on the left headlight and we also have a dipped beam fault. I can only assume the fan not functioning is the reason for the fault (the actual headlight and turn signal still function normally). However, the instrument cluster still has a rapid flash even though the signal is actually flashing at the normal rate. I am pretty sure the rapid flash is not an actual flasher, but more of a computer generated "tick" for user familiarity. Regardless, my question is... has anyone had this problem and can the fan simply be changed? Again, the headlight still works fine and a replacement headlight is not cheap. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
When they were doing the PDI on my new 2017, they found the dipped beam message displayed.
They found the connection to the Body Control Module had a loose pin, which they replaced and that took care of the problem.
I don't know if the fan worked or if there was a rapid flash since I hadn't taken delivery of the car.
Never had a message or problem since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts