Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's has options on it that if your car is not equipped it will not work. Does not dimm automatically. Has night and day time mode which will change automatically i believe. I leave mine in night mode cause I like the black effect.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds good,
i have one more question...
When I push the heated seat button, the ITCP switches to the seat options where the heating can be switched on.
How doas this behave in your car when you push the seat button on the digital control? You can change the heating level via turning the knob. But does the itcp also shows the seat settings or does it stay in its actual view?

And what happens when you push the seat button on the ICTP? Does the ICTP shows the settings or the new AC control?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not used it yet. Still summer where I live. Hardly driving the jaguar still driving the summer sports car. I will try it and let you know. I'm pretty sure the ictp screen will look as it did before. Nothing on that changes and they work hand and hand now. If I hit the heated seat button on the new controls I can change it there or the ictp screen by the knob or touch control. I will see...

·
Registered
14 Posts
For the money. It's fairly cheap item upgrade for what you get. Really changes the interior look. Takes no time to change out. Biggest issue for me is losing the heated windshield. If you don't have that or need it this upgrade is really cool. Once it gets really cold here I will decide how much I miss the windshield part and see if I want to put the stock one back in for the winter. Once you get past the fear of breaking the interior trim to install this takes no time at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That picture is what I was talking about "the car tab" There are 5 tabs on the top. middle one follows what mode you are driving in. Picture is supposed to be a Jaguar XF I believe (there sedan) not a limousine. It is not possible to change the car to a F-Pace. I was playing around with the screens just now and all the screens work like you have the option your are trying to use. The new AC controls unit does not know if you have the option or not. Screen changes like you do have it but the signal will not turn anything on. One weird thing I seen that is I do not have cooled seats but when I turn it on with the new unit it turns it on the display of the main screen above the ac control unit. could not do that before but now it turns it on like I have the feature on the main screen. but its not doing anything. seat on the top left of the main screen also turns blue. thought that was really odd. was hoping it would magically get cool but nothing. not sure if cooled seats are piped in with your cars AC? Im pretty sure that last 2 tabs do nothing on my F-Pace how I do not have heated or cooled seats in the back. and the climate for the back I don't think does anything either not sure if there is a more advanced climate console in the back if iI did have those options that this would control?

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F-Pace Premium 35t
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
That picture is what I was talking about "the car tab" There are 5 tabs on the top. middle one follows what mode you are driving in. Picture is supposed to be a Jaguar XF I believe (there sedan) not a limousine. It is not possible to change the car to a F-Pace. I was playing around with the screens just now and all the screens work like you have the option your are trying to use. The new AC controls unit does not know if you have the option or not. Screen changes like you do have it but the signal will not turn anything on. One weird thing I seen that is I do not have cooled seats but when I turn it on with the new unit it turns it on the display of the main screen above the ac control unit. could not do that before but now it turns it on like I have the feature on the main screen. but its not doing anything. seat on the top left of the main screen also turns blue. thought that was really odd. was hoping it would magically get cool but nothing. not sure if cooled seats are piped in with your cars AC? Im pretty sure that last 2 tabs do nothing on my F-Pace how I do not have heated or cooled seats in the back. and the climate for the back I don't think does anything either not sure if there is a more advanced climate console in the back if iI did have those options that this would control?
I have the heated seat option for the rear seats and the new ac control screen can operate them. It's like you said, the unit can't tell which of the additional options you have with your vehicle, but it will operate them if you do have them equipped. As for the cooled seats, I believe cars equipped with that option have special ventilation equipment built into the seat cushions that enable that feature, so the controls on the new unit won't work with that unless that option was installed from the factory.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts