Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F-Pace Premium 35t
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this digital ac control upgrade like the ones that are in the Range Rovers, available for my 2017 F-Pace 35t on Alibaba and went ahead and tried it.

Shipping took 3 days coming from China, installation was pretty straightforward, and the unit looks nice along with the upgraded infotainment screen I had installed earlier this year. I had been looking at trading in my Jag due to the lack of upgraded tech in the cabin, but this may help hold me over for a couple of more years.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Automotive lighting

Gadget Machine Recreation Display device Electronic device

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Gauge Mode of transport

·
Registered
205 Posts
Price is really reasonable and it turned out nice. How hard was the installation? Plug and play, or nightmare fuel?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Price is really reasonable and it turned out nice. How hard was the installation? Plug and play, or nightmare fuel?
Installation took about 30 to 45 minutes. Using a plastic tool, I had to remove the plastic piece above the mat area under the ac controls, then the mat, and the trim piece around the vents and radio. Then the OEM ac controls pop out pretty easily.

You then unplug the harness from the back of the factory ac controls and plug it into the digital unit, and then put everything back in place. The language is Mandarin by default, but there is a setting on the car tab of the unit that changes the language to English. It's a nice unit, especially for the price. Screen quality is A1 as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installation took about 30 to 45 minutes. Using a plastic tool, I had to remove the plastic piece above the mat area under the ac controls, then the mat, and the trim piece around the vents and radio. Then the radio pops out pretty easily.

You then unplug the harness from the back of the factory ac controls and plug it into the digital unit, and then put everything back in place. The language is Mandarin by default, but there is a setting on the car tab of the unit that changes the language to English. It's a nice unit, especially for the price. Screen quality is A1 as well.
"Then the radio pops out pretty easily." The radio has to come out or you meant the factory ac controls? How do you get the trim piece around the radio and vents off?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Then the radio pops out pretty easily." The radio has to come out or you meant the factory ac controls? How do you get the trim piece around the radio and vents off?
Yes, the radio has to be popped out as well to make sure that the ac control can be put into place flushly. The trim piece around the radio and the vents can easily be removed with a plastic tool used for removing plastic trim and running wires for cars. You just stick it into the side of the trim and it pops off.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Very nice!
Did you notice any functions not working 100%?
And most importantly, does the red start stop button still pulse before engine start?:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like how that looks with your setup . I really love that upgraded infotainment screen you have. I'm not sure i have anyone around here that can install that. Thats what I really want.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like how that looks with your setup . I really love that upgraded infotainment screen you have. I'm not sure i have anyone around here that can install that. Thats what I really want.
Yeah, the installation appeared to be more than what most could do on their own. 4x4 shop has this video showing what the installation process involves.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I asked because on another video they pulled the ac unit by taking off the side trim on the center console. They did not pull off the trim by the radio and vents. Works either way i guess? Side trim looked to cone off very easily.
Yeah I think u can do it either way. As long as you have enough clearance to remove the ac controls and put the new unit in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered the AC control upgrade unit like you got. Not expected till 8/25 tho. cheap and easy enough it looks like to install if I do not like it I can put the stock one back in. Ill keep you all in touch how it goes....

Whats going on with your rear view mirror there? that seems like a aftermarket part also... looks cool. where did you get that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered the AC control upgrade unit like you got. Not expected till 8/25 tho. cheap and easy enough it looks like to install if I do not like it I can put the stock one back in. Ill keep you all in touch how it goes....

Whats going on with your rear view mirror there? that seems like a aftermarket part also... looks cool. where did you get that?
It's a front and rear dash camera. It records the front in 4k and the rear in 2k simultaneously. It's just like the digital rear view cameras in the new Toyota's. Its really helpful with seeing all of the blind spots and makes up for the small back window.

Limited-time deal: REDTIGER Rear View Mirror Camera for Cars,4K Front and 2.5K Rear Mirror Dash Cam Backup Camera,11" UHD Full Touch Screen Rearview Mirror Dash Camera, Night Vision GPS Reverse Parking Monitor 32GB Card https://a.co/d/fNvxWAM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing... Looks great, but unfortunately my wife's 2018 F-Pace has the CD changer. She's not too keen on losing any OEM functionality... although I'm pretty sure she's never used it. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts