Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wake up you guys from the Toronto area. No posts here yet:)

Some Aussies are posting that you can get the 3.0D in Canada. Is that correct?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah they've got a diesel at the Ottawa dealership and I'm going for a test drive tomorrow. Then I'll jump in one with the 340hp and try and measure the glee factor lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No 3.0D available for the Canadian market (otherwise that would have been my likely choice)

Though I am pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy of the 340HP gasser...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is diesel just not that popular across the water with you guys?

Is it not readily available in all filling stations?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

I think there are a few factors to consider :
1- Diesels prefer to get out on the Highways and Roll for a while ! Unfortunately , with the multitude of people buying these and living in the Big Cities , they get ALOT of Stop & Go , Stop & Go !
2- Most places over here that have wide open spaces and would be PERFECT for a Diesel , there is NO Jaguar Dealer for HUNDREDS of miles !
3- Right now , but not always , Diesel is about *.20-.30 cents* a Gallon MORE then Regular Gas ! But that shouldn't be a factor for the F-Pace , which requires PREMIUM GAS !
4- With Government Regulations cracking down on Vehicle Emissions , and saying Diesels cause more , many people might shy away from Diesels for that reason ! I have a Diesel Van and a Diesel Motorhome , so my opinion is for Bigger Hauling , Diesel is the way to go !
5- Jaguar ONLY offered the *20d* over here , however , if they had offered the *30d* , I think Diesel Sales might have been Higher ! Due to folks over here being more concerned about Speed Power & Performance ! Thinking that the *20d* wouldn't give them what they wanted !

These are just my Thoughts , and hopefully they answer your question !
I'm sure some folks over here are going to be JEALOUS of Your *30d* , so you will probably be asked for your input on it ! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts

Diesel is readily available at many more fuel stations these days than it was even 4 or 5 years ago when I first started driving my BMW X5 Diesel. The BMW is a 3.0 liter 6 cylinder so it has a LOT of "get up and go" but it also needs it due to the 20% heavier weight than the F-Pace Diesel. As others have pointed out, our only F-Pace diesel choice is the 2.0 which is pretty peppy so should be fine for most needs as it has good acceleration from zero to sixty (for a Diesel) but my concern is it's power in when running 60-70MPH up the Steep NC & West Virginia mountains. It may do OK as the F-Pace body is so much lighter than the X5 but I am leaning towards a petrol version for my needs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe a 30d (Diesel) is supposedly coming in late 2017 for most of the models (I think including F-Pace). One of the sales agent that I was working mentioned it to me. It's probably going to be for the 2018 models though. If they had it already, I'd definitely go for that instead of my 20d that I purchased recently.

·
Registered
592 Posts
... but my concern is it's power in when running 60-70MPH up the Steep NC & West Virginia mountains...
Does absolutely fine for me. Photo is from the base of Palomar Mountain South Grade road, just before the 23 switchbacks start. It was fun :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does absolutely fine for me. Photo is from the base of Palomar Mountain South Grade road, just before the 23 switchbacks start. It was fun :)
Nice bike rack. How do you like it?
My old thule rack is 10 years old now, and I am thinking about something a little lighter for mounting on and off the hitch.
To stay on topic, there are some decent climbs here in PA, and I have had absolutely no problems going up them with the 20d.:)

As for the 30d, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to show up in NA.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I pay 30c LESS per gallon for diesel, so I'm not sure that pump pricing (in favor of gas) plays that much of a role...

Reactions: GRVR and TLockhart

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice bike rack. How do you like it?
Works great. Kuat Sherpa 2.0 which is for two bikes only. They have another model which is expandable to four but this one has more aluminum and is in the 30-35 lb range rather than the 50 lbs other racks tend to be.
Easy to get on and off and has a knob to wedge it into the receiver so it is nice and stable.
Would get it again...

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I pay 30c LESS per gallon for diesel, so I'm not sure that pump pricing (in favor of gas) plays that much of a role...
if you compare it to premium that the 35 T needs, there is a .75 cent a gal here. Can buy diesel for 2.19..... 2.95 for premium most places here...

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 on the Kuat. Lightweight easy to use stable for bikes both road and MTB. Better than the same style Thule we used to have

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Works great. Kuat Sherpa 2.0 which is for two bikes only. They have another model which is expandable to four but this one has more aluminum and is in the 30-35 lb range rather than the 50 lbs other racks tend to be.
Easy to get on and off and has a knob to wedge it into the receiver so it is nice and stable.
Would get it again...
Thanks. Does it tilt down so you can access the rear hatch, like the Thule?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks. Does it tilt down so you can access the rear hatch, like the Thule?
Yes. And has really nice ground clearance; unlikely to ever scrape the ground...

·
Registered
1 Posts
No worries about power -passing and Mountain hills. We have the 2.0 F Pace Diesel and drove from Montreal to Phoenix and back.
On the highway passing other cars already doing 70-75 mph I went by with ease and very quickly- within a few seconds you are up to
85-95 mph. Didnt even notice once when I looked down at the speedomter I was at 95 and didnt even feel it--it is so quiet.
Also did a trip from Phoenix to Sedona Az from the desert to 7000 ft elevation and all uphill going north. The car never struggled one bit even
On some pretty steep highway climbs----I would definetly not be afraid of diesel power as its in the torque not the HP.
I test drove the 340 HP and found the engine too noisy in the city as everytime you stop and start it does take off but sounds like a race car which is fine if your are in to that---I drove Lexus SUV's for 17 years so I like a quiet car. Im in my 60's so am past those days.
You will save a lot in fuel bills and maintenance as your oil changes will be every 16000 miles or more-- check your manual or your dealer.
Seems to be some confusion with Jaguar---jaguar UK says 34000 kilometres which is about 20000 miles.
Whatever you choose you will enjoy your Jag as it really is fun too drive and looks awesome---not too many on the road yet so you dont
See yourself everywhere---
Had a guy park his new Porsche Cayenne SUV next too me and he was admirering my car and asking questions about it--a friend of mine
Bought a new Porsche Macan just before the F Pace came out and he wants my car now---he has to put his back seats down to get 1 set of
Golf clubs in--- i get 2 without removing any clubs and 4 by removing drivers for 2 sets----I guess that says it all when Porshe guys are checking me out

Enjoy you new F Pace

1 - 18 of 18 Posts