Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looks like JLR have finally released the MPG figures for the F Pace.

City Estimate (mpg) 26
Highway Estimate (mpg) 33
Combined Estimate (mpg) 29
Fuel tank capacity (gallons approx.) 15.9

More than the numbers themselves- it too about 5-6 weeks for the people to get their gas cars and I'm hoping that this will be the same for diesel as well.

Cheers
Kris

·
Registered
341 Posts
Huh - this seems low to me, given that the XF is not much lighter. But, hey, if it means mine is FINALLY being built, I'm a happy girl!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Probably going to change my build back to gas, just not good enough to lose the fun factor!

Reactions: Pseudonym

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very disappointing mpg figures. I get 32 and 33 on the hwy with my Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Something does not quite add up here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the jaguarusa.com web site, the epa numbers are listed as above (26 mpg city, 33 mpg hwy and 29 mpg combined).
On the UK jag web site, the numbers (properly converted from imperial gallons to US gallons are 41 mpg city, 52.3 hwy and 47.9 mpg combined)
Testing could be different in the US and the UK, but something is wrong.

If anyone figures out what is going on please post.

·
Registered
188 Posts
How are other 2017 diesel cars looking? I wouldn't be surprised if all manufacturers tightened up their tuning to be 100% sure it passes emissions and reduced mileage is the result?

·
Registered
129 Posts
For the sake of comparison, the BMW X3 28d gets 27/34 mpg. For some reason the EPA tests do not accurately represent reality for diesels. Unlike for petrol engines which in reality show lower performance (you never/hardly ever get what it says), diesels come in high. The actual highway mileage is much higher - more like 40mpg at least on the Bimmers/Mercs that I have read about. I currently have a BMW 335d and like all diesels it does much better than the EPA numbers. I don't have an X3 so I don't have personal experience with what they get but check out bimmerfest.com to get some details from owners etc.

On top of this, the VW diesel-gate fiasco is making everyone nervous, under reporting is probably just compensating for a pissed off government agency. Mercedes hasn't even submitted their diesels for approval, VW/Porsche/Audi probably won't for years (as you would expect from their cheating ways). The concern I have is that the EPA might drag their feet on releasing diesels (especially new ones).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have another data point. I checked the Jaguar Australia web site and found - 38 mpg city, 50 mpg hwy and 44.4 mpg combined. Of course I converted these from litres/100km.
I think ddeliber is correct that the diesel numbers in the US are being quoted as low, yet the other Jag models, approved for diesel a few weeks ago, were very respectable for the same engine going into the F-Pace.
Very confusing. I guess we'll know the real facts when the 20d F-Pace cars start getting delivered and we some real data on the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that's crazy, the 3.0 diesel in the larger and heavier RR sport gets 650 miles to the tank, prob 30 mpg or so highway. the jag has to do better right??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The l/100 km is a good way to estimate mpg and is probably closer to actual mpg than the epa published numbers- unless EPA rules require the US vehicles tuning to be different from what it is in the UK or Australia. Not sure how much of an impact that would make

·
Registered
188 Posts
Guys the entire VW scandal showed that they got higher MPG in real life specifically because it went into "test mode" which lowered MPG while being tested by the EPA. My Jetta TDI is rated at 41 or 42 but I can get over 50 fairly regularly.

I would be shocked if any 2017 diesels get significantly better mileage than they're rated to get.

They delays in getting everything certified was the EPA testing real world performance of diesels and then negotiating with the MFRs based on the results. I would assume that means have the MFRs adjust the tuning/ECU to emit emissions within the limits more often than they had previously.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was already planning on an aftermarket tune. After these published figures a tune to wipe out restrictive epa BS is a must.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found something interesting here: Fuel Economy of 2014 - 2017 BMW 328d

BMW's 2.0L diesel engine, which was rated 45 mpg highway for 2014 and 2015, is only rated 42 mpg highway for 2016. All 3 years, to the best of my knowledge, have the same engine. So, I guess the way EPA rates cars has changed for 2016 and beyond.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm from Australia and not sure if this data will help...

I've got the 3L diesel and I'm definitely disappointed at the fuel consumption.
I've driven the car for approx 1500km now (approx 1000miles) and my average usage is 10.9L/100km.
Chucked that into google and it gave me 21.57mpg?

Unfortunately the information on the Jaguar AU website is a bit misleading as that's probably 'best case scenario'.
For the 3L diesel, they are showing it as:
Urban (l/100km) 6.9
Extra Urban (l/100km) 5.6
Combined (l/100km) 6.0

For L/100km, the lower the number, the better (less L used for 100km of driving)
For MPG, is it the opposite? higher valve = better as you are getting more miles for each gallon of fuel?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts