Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of us anticipated, Jaguar has quietly raised the price on the F-Pace. The starting price for a diesel is now $1,000 more and the S will cost an additional $1,500 over the original price. This is in Canada, not sure about the US or elsewhere. Guess this is a little bit of a reward for us early adopters...

·
Registered
151 Posts
In the USA it's the same price still and the price will not dramatically change. They would be fools to raise the price above what the competitors charge

·
Registered
93 Posts
In the USA it's the same price still and the price will not dramatically change. They would be fools to raise the price above what the competitors charge
I don't think it's above competition. There's lot of discussions here that it's well below comparable Macans. The SQ5 is close. I personally think the real competition are the Cayenne, X5, X6 & GLE.

JLR will raise US prices. They're sold out through the end of the year. That means they arguably miss-priced it too low. And if it's a $1000 increase on a $50-70k machine, people won't really notice a 1-1.5% increase. It wouldn't surprise me if they do it twice, actually, if demand is still this high after Q1 '17.

Those of us on this board that got it early got a good deal.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm sure all the additional servicing costs for isolators and software patches, plus the poor XE sales figures will result in price increases somewhere (if not vehicles then in accessories or service rate).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wonder now, if I don't like the Diesel engine after test drive and want to switch to Petrol, what will it mean? Will I have to pay more?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't think it's above competition. There's lot of discussions here that it's well below comparable Macans. The SQ5 is close. I personally think the real competition are the Cayenne, X5, X6 & GLE.

JLR will raise US prices. They're sold out through the end of the year. That means they arguably miss-priced it too low. And if it's a $1000 increase on a $50-70k machine, people won't really notice a 1-1.5% increase. It wouldn't surprise me if they do it twice, actually, if demand is still this high after Q1 '17.

Those of us on this board that got it early got a good deal.
The f pace doesn't compete with the Macan or the cayenne really. It's closest competitors (s verision) are the x3 m35, GLC AMG, and the SQ5. It's pricing is fair for the market but if raised then it would be significantly above the market value. It's selling good for a jag horrible compared to competitors.

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
If you already placed your order for any option that has increased the cost of your vehicle you should not have to pay that fee.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The f pace doesn't compete with the Macan or the cayenne really. It's closest competitors (s verision) are the x3 m35, GLC AMG, and the SQ5. It's pricing is fair for the market but if raised then it would be significantly above the market value. It's selling good for a jag horrible compared to competitors.
You are correct about a few things, the Fpace is much better than the Macan and Macan S so there is not competition, its closest Porsche competition may be the Macan GTS. Handling and speed the porsche gets a slight nod, overall room and functionality the Fpace S wins, lets call it a tie....oh except the price for Porsche is nearly 30k more.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You are correct about a few things, the Fpace is much better than the Macan and Macan S so there is not competition, its closest Porsche competition may be the Macan GTS. Handling and speed the porsche gets a slight nod, overall room and functionality the Fpace S wins, lets call it a tie....oh except the price for Porsche is nearly 30k more.
You missed my point. The Macan is in a different price and size class than the f pace they don't compete. It's closest competitors are the x3 m35 GLC AMG and the SQ5.dynamically every review I have seen puts the Macan dynamically ahead of the f pace which makes sense considering its smaller and costs a lot more. Where the pace shines is cost, practically, and design (exterior) interior goes to the Macan.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You missed my point. The Macan is in a different price and size class than the f pace they don't compete. It's closest competitors are the x3 m35 GLC AMG and the SQ5.dynamically every review I have seen puts the Macan dynamically ahead of the f pace which makes sense considering its smaller and costs a lot more. Where the pace shines is cost, practically, and design (exterior) interior goes to the Macan.
I meant x4 m35

·
Registered
477 Posts
Anyone notice there's no **** digital compass to tell you the direction you are going in the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The macan and fpace are different size classes? I haven't heard that yet...in fact I was choosing between the two and thought they felt similar in size. They're also both two rows. I think you're making up distinctions just to back up your first comment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it's just through pictures that has people thinking that as the shape of both can make it very confusing as to the segments they sit in. In the beginning most people thought the Macan sat under the FPace.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The macan and fpace are different size classes? I haven't heard that yet...in fact I was choosing between the two and thought they felt similar in size. They're also both two rows. I think you're making up distinctions just to back up your first comment.
The Macan has back seats but they are barely usable. An XE and XJ are both two row sedans but they are certainly in a different size class. The f pace is much wider and a bit longer.

Also beyond size the price delta is so large that they don't complete. The Macan is a benchmark car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Macan has back seats but they are barely usable. An XE and XJ are both two row sedans but they are certainly in a day deferent size class. The f pace is much wider and a bit longer.

Also beyond size the price delta is so large that they don't complete. The Macan is a benchmark car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. Just took delivery of 2017 Prestige Edition. Compass shown as a feature per Jaguar USA, but function and location in car not found. Dealership here in Tucson is unable to help. Owners manual has no mention of compass. There is no compass function in Navigation System or dash instrumentation menu.There is no compass icon on Nav system. There is no compass on rear view mirror (which is usual location for a well designed vehicle). Jaguar USA not bothering to respond to any e-mail or tweet inquiry. Even my old Scion at $14K had a compass. If you ever get an answer, please post.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes. Just took delivery of 2017 Prestige Edition. Compass shown as a feature per Jaguar USA, but function and location in car not found. Dealership here in Tucson is unable to help. Owners manual has no mention of compass. There is no compass function in Navigation System or dash instrumentation menu.There is no compass icon on Nav system. There is no compass on rear view mirror (which is usual location for a well designed vehicle). Jaguar USA not bothering to respond to any e-mail or tweet inquiry. Even my old Scion at $14K had a compass. If you ever get an answer, please post.

I have to assume you do NOT have ICTP. With ICTP there is a very clear compass feature built into the NAV system (assuming the latest software update).

Cannot comment on ICT

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have to assume you do NOT have ICTP. With ICTP there is a very clear compass feature built into the NAV system (assuming the latest software update).

Cannot comment on ICT
Yep. What ExOz said. With ICTP, just push the Nav button to bring up the map..the compass will be prominently displayed to the right of the map.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As some of us anticipated, Jaguar has quietly raised the price on the F-Pace. The starting price for a diesel is now $1,000 more and the S will cost an additional $1,500 over the original price. This is in Canada, not sure about the US or elsewhere. Guess this is a little bit of a reward for us early adopters...
The price currently showing on the Canadian web-site has been at that price for many months, at least since I started looking at the F-Pace.

When was the pricing that you are comparing to in effect?

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Yep. What ExOz said. With ICTP, just push the Nav button to bring up the map..the compass will be prominently displayed to the right of the map.
Just to note, in ICTP the compass is one of the options for the right pane display in navigation. . The various display options for the right pane can be accessed via the navigation view options button in the lower right of map. Options vary depending on whether or not a route is active. The options screen also varies based on whether or not you have had the ICTP "super update"

Brought to you by the ICTP Department of Pedantic Clarification.

Reactions: Naromo and MTHM
1 - 20 of 28 Posts