Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any diagnostic/programming tools for the Jaguar? I've seen Drewtech Mongoose Pro but don't see anything on the forum.

My Q7 and S4 had VAG-COM tool which allowed me to do diagnostics and do minor adjustments for comfort, etc...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there some sort of security OBD port lock out with the F-Pace? I’ve got a 2016 30D S, and a Creader V+ tool. When I connect it to my Ford Ranger it works fine however when I plug it into the F-Pace, the start button won’t do anything. It pulses, but won’t start the car or power up the dash, and the OBD tool says check the connection. I’ve tried it multiple times, and it will only occasionally let the car start and even then just says “check connection".
I’m connecting it with everything turned off, and it really seems to object to having anything plugged in and then trying to start the car.
Anyone else had any issues their OBD reader?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not all OBD scan tools work on the Jaguar. Some of them might even trigger a bunch of error lights on the dash. In this case, you are lucky that didn't happen.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, tried 2 others today and same deal, won’t read codes, seem to upset other alerts. Am I doing something wrong? I am sitting in the car, locking the doors so everything is powered down, then unlock the doors, open and close the drivers door and hit the start/on button. Car usually won’t start, and came up with and ABS warning, camera warning, and gearbox warning. If I disconnect, go through the process again, the car starts and all is good.
Why wouldn’t they work with this car? What must Jaguar have done so it won’t read?

What brand units have others used successfully? I’ve tried Creader +, Creader and Foxwell.

Is there a trick to the order of connection?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The prior vehicle I owned was a BMW. There was a programer called BimmerCode that allowed you to enter through the OBD2 and change settings and actually reprogram the vehicle. Like change Halogen lights from that to LED after you change them out. Didn't cost much, was easy to use and very much improved the vehicle. I haven't found anything close to it on the internet nor have I found anything like this or any in the forums as of yet.

Does anyone have or know of a programer like this for the Jaguar F-Pace ?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
:devilish:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those are what I have been reading about, yet restricted for what I want to accomplish. I need one to change settings on the vehicles computer pre installed settings, like they do in the dealership. Like I mentioned, reprogram after changing from Halogen to LED and such. Nothing complicated, but more than scanning performance and reading fault codes. (Seems Jag wants everyone paying them for everything except monthly car payments.)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
This is that same thread, someone has changed the title! I can’t get that one that will ship to Australia.
Yep !
One of the goofy Moderators , goofing around again !!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those are what I have been reading about, yet restricted for what I want to accomplish. I need one to change settings on the vehicles computer pre installed settings, like they do in the dealership. Like I mentioned, reprogram after changing from Halogen to LED and such. Nothing complicated, but more than scanning performance and reading fault codes. (Seems Jag wants everyone paying them for everything except monthly car payments.)
Im looking for similar program for exact reason

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Third Title Change / Thread Merger for this Thread , in one day ???:rolleyes:

WHAT THE ??? Is going on ???o_O

One of the Moderators must be Hungover from last night !!!:giggle::LOL:;):cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know in post #6 of this thread, #6 being mine, I started that as a new post to ask my questions.
Next thing I see, I'm now in this one.
What the hey ......

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yes, I was able to access the SVR through the OBII port.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing as of yet. It's easy to do the basics, but to really make the vehicle form fit to us is hard to find. If I find something I'll be happy to list it here.
what are the basics you are referring to and how do you edit them? I'm used to bimmercode and carly from bmw. cant find anything for jaguar

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
what are the basics you are referring to and how do you edit them? I'm used to bimmercode and carly from bmw. cant find anything for jaguar
You need the patherfinder software and OBD2 interface boxs that goes from the laptop to the car.
this link might answer some of your questions

thanks
DP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts