Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this subject has probably been covered, but here is my deal. Hopefully it may help others (or me).

I purchased a new Dodge Durango R/T with all the options in 3/15 for $49k. It has been a good car. Now, in 1/17, KBB says the value is $31k. So, regardless of my financing, it has cost me at least $18k for 22 months.

This is besides the fact that our Jeep/Dodge dealer has only given us about half the KBB value on trade-ins three times in a row...

Okay, so now I configure an FP how I like and it costs $66k. And I can lease it for $20k for 36 months.

More expensive car, less cost. No BS on trade-ins. What am I missing?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you truly want to know if you are getting the best deal possible go here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41104/jaguar/f-pace/2017-jaguar-f-pace-lease-questions#latest

and either:
  1. Scroll back until you see the model and term/miles that you want
  2. Ask about the model and term/miles you want

Make sure you are in the most current month, the rates are updated between the 1st and 3rd of every month.

The moderators will give you the JLR (Chase) Money Factor and residual.

Toss that into a lease calculator along with the total cost, tax rate, and dealer fees. You will be able to see the lowest possible payment you can get on a lease. Anything higher than that number is dealer profit and is your starting point for negotiation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just another point of view... I like owning my vehicles because I'm not sure how long I might want to keep them or how much I may want to drive and don't want to have to think about trade in deadlines or mileage limits.

I bought the F Pace in June and replaced a 10 year old Corvette with a new one in September. I understand depreciation but both of those cars are also assets. BTW - that's a perfect 2 car combination for my money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So you are saying on a 66k F-Pace your payment is $556?
The JLR website reports $558 for my zip code. This does not include sales tax or other fees, so it will be somewhat higher. How much higher I don't know, never leased before.

I will add that I only drive 6000 miles a year, so that helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you truly want to know if you are getting the best deal possible go here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41104/jaguar/f-pace/2017-jaguar-f-pace-lease-questions#latest

and either:
  1. Scroll back until you see the model and term/miles that you want
  2. Ask about the model and term/miles you want

Make sure you are in the most current month, the rates are updated between the 1st and 3rd of every month.

The moderators will give you the JLR (Chase) Money Factor and residual.

Toss that into a lease calculator along with the total cost, tax rate, and dealer fees. You will be able to see the lowest possible payment you can get on a lease. Anything higher than that number is dealer profit and is your starting point for negotiation.
This looks to be a good resource. Time for some book learnin'. Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
There is NO way you will be leasing a $66K FP for $560 per month without putting serious money down, unless, of course, Jaguar is now offering lease incentives for this car, which I doubt.

·
Registered
258 Posts
There is NO way you will be leasing a $66K FP for $560 per month without putting serious money down, unless, of course, Jaguar is now offering lease incentives for this car, which I doubt.
With 5 grand down the payment should be in the $900 a month area.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The JLR website reports $558 for my zip code. This does not include sales tax or other fees, so it will be somewhat higher. How much higher I don't know, never leased before.

I will add that I only drive 6000 miles a year, so that helps.
Manufacturer's website deals are typically on lower trim level cars with only a few options. Read the fine print, it should say (well, it really is supposed to) what the MSRP is for that deal. Plus when you build a car using the online configurator and then check out the purchase options the lease deal is typically for the closest deal they have to your build, not your actual build. Tough to really compare if they only have 1 or 2 deals, and none over $52,000.

The FP does not lease well at all right now because of the crappy discounts and weak residuals. By way of example, a $52,000 FP will cost a LOT more to lease than a $52,000 BMW 3 series. The Manufacturer support simply is not there from JLR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You are correct sir. I was including a $12k trade in (max site will allow). I now understand it is not a good idea to put money down on a lease, since if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, I will lose that $$.

Other than that, all figures should be accurate, taxes and fees notwithstanding.

Without the trade in, the number is more like $900 or $32k for three years.

Sad now :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts