Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jaguar deployable hitch for sale- though the power of F-Pace networking we need to find it a home! ( one where it actually gets installed and used)

I know there's 2 or 3 people looking for them on this forum so if you know someone pass along the ebay link.

I'm starting the bidding at $5 ($2421.91 (USD) MSRP) so lets find a buyer so this deployable hitch can tow its little heart out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222368688228?item=222368688228&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

All the part info is on the listI don't think this part is available in the US ( I'm from Canada) so this is a rare opportunity :)

Thanks everyone- I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey R-sport ! Are you really OK with it selling for $5 ???
If not , you should have put a "reserve" price on it , so it won't sell for anything less then that !!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pretty sure this needs a software component enabled (i.e. this isn't self-install)...? Which would mean that you'd have to take it to a dealer to get it done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One of the problems with EBAY is they won't accept bids from countries like New Zealand even though we could use an American delivery address.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey R-sport ! Are you really OK with it selling for $5 ???
If not , you should have put a "reserve" price on it , so it won't sell for anything less then that !!!

Its just needs to go to someone that will actually use it- Hopefully for more than $5.. I have faith!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the problems with EBAY is they won't accept bids from countries like New Zealand even though we could use an American delivery address.

If you find a way- let me know! I could see if I could open it up to New Zealand in my ebay settings...

You need this hitch Kiwi ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure this needs a software component enabled (i.e. this isn't self-install)...? Which would mean that you'd have to take it to a dealer to get it done.

Unsure of the logistical details but I would recommend getting it dealer installed...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The only problem with this is that you have to push the button 30 minutes before using the hitch, and if it stays deployed for more than four hours, call your mechanic!
:laugh::laugh:

Seriously, this is a pretty amazing bit of engineering. I see it takes some other module bits, but really an interesting solution. I do not know much about towing laws, but wonder, since this is a UK spec/style of towing ball/hitch, does it meet US safety standards? What size is the one-piece ball? I think in the US we use 2 inch or 2-5/16 inch diameter balls. I see the capability and tongue ("nose") weights are similar to that of the US OEM installation, and it has the 13-pin connector. Fascinating....

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The only problem with this is that you have to push the button 30 minutes before using the hitch, and if it stays deployed for more than four hours, call your mechanic!
:laugh::laugh:

Hey theweeb !
I thought you told us all , that you were going to try to stop "sounding like a d***" !!! >:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I LOVE this solution of having deploy-able hitch vs. permanent fixture! I even would not care if it takes 30 (or 45) minutes to deploy it after pushing the button - I love the idea that hitch will be hidden otherwise. I want it on F-Pace I ordered! Is this standard Jaguar accessory? Looks like you can order it if you are in UK however I could not find it on Jaguar USA website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are available with a standard hitch- but as far as I know you aren't able to order a deployable hitch part via Jaguar USA- you have to order it via Jaguar UK.

The deploy is instant- the 30 min delay was a joke about how phallic they look :)

The down side is 1,900 pounds (plus duty, plus shipping) is a huge investment for most- so this might be the rarest F-Pace accessory in the US at the moment.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My GUESS is that it's not legal in the US.

Kerry

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Just let this thing MALFUNCTION on a busy highway one time , and you lose control of your trailer , and the trailer jack-knifes or disconnects from your F-Pace , and now possible Injuries or Death , and you are to blame , because you chose to have this thing mounted onto your vehicle !!! IMO , too many moving parts and pieces , which leaves too much room for ERROR !!! NO THANKS !!! I'll take a Tried & Tested Good Ol' *BOLT ON PERMANENT HITCH* any day over this thing !!! Besides , the OEM Hitch offered by JAG is almost Literally UNSEEN , when not in use !!!

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
In thinking about this, I wonder if the space taken up by this hitch when it is hiding could have been used for a couple more gallons of gas tank capacity. . .

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
In thinking about this, I wonder if the space taken up by this hitch when it is hiding could have been used for a couple more gallons of gas tank capacity. . .
Too many other Threads concerning "THAT Discussion" !!! Let's not RUIN this one with it !!! ;)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The down side is 1,900 pounds (plus duty, plus shipping) is a huge investment for most- so this might be the rarest F-Pace accessory in the US at the moment.
Man O' Man , I can't believe that Hitch WEIGHS *1900 pounds* !!! ;)
Not only would it be "the rarest F-Pace accessory" , but also the HEAVIEST !!! >:)

·
Registered
458 Posts
The deploy is instant- the 30 min delay was a joke about how phallic they look :)
I got the joke, I was just playing along. However honestly - even if it took 30 minutes to deploy it I would still get it since I plan to use the hitch on weekends and even then - not even every weekend. I love the idea that otherwise it is hidden from the view

Now that I know that hitch could be hidden from the view - this does not look good at all! I almost tempted to call dealer and cancel hitch option unless they can install deplayable hitch.
http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/f-pace-parts-accessories/17817-aftermarket-trailer-hitch.html

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hi, Did you sell the hitch? thanks
It looks like they did indeed ! Their eBay auction ended at $54 !
And they already have Positive Feedback for the Transaction , so it is a Done Deal !
Heck of a Hitch , for $54 !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts