Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's now been five years and I still haven't found any spot where the Colorado toll transponder works on my F-Pace windshield. I've tried the dotted area near mirror, no work. I've tried the toll recommended location in lower left of windshield, no work. Anyone found a spot that works? I use the switchable toll/HOV thingy but the toll sticker never worked either.

Anyone figure this out? I keep getting statements that say VTOLL and warn me my transponder isn't working.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's now been five years and I still haven't found any spot where the Colorado toll transponder works on my F-Pace windshield. I've tried the dotted area near mirror, no work. I've tried the toll recommended location in lower left of windshield, no work. Anyone found a spot that works? I use the switchable toll/HOV thingy but the toll sticker never worked either.

Anyone figure this out? I keep getting statements that say VTOLL and warn me my transponder isn't working.
Let us know if Stu's suggestion on transponder location works or not. Thx.

·
F Pace Expert
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked mine, and it has been working on 470 and the I70 mountain lane. I have mine in the lower left of the windshield. I have the original Jaguar windshield installed (2017)

Thanks, that's where I had mine until today and didn't work on I70 or the 36/Boulder express lanes. I've moved it up to the front portion of the sunroof as suggested and will report back if that works next time I go into a toll road. I do have heated windshield (I'm on my third one).

Reactions: Stu

·
Registered
2017 R Sport 3L V6 35t
45 Posts
Thanks, that's where I had mine until today and didn't work on I70 or the 36/Boulder express lanes. I've moved it up to the front portion of the sunroof as suggested and will report back if that works next time I go into a toll road. I do have heated windshield (I'm on my third one).
I don’t have the heated windshield so maybe that is the issue. yes, interested if the sunroof works better for you. I’d prefer it out of the way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a motorcycle type transponder which goes on the drivers side headlight. It isn't at all noticeable (but looks kind of cool if you really look at it) and it works perfectly on all the Denver area tolls. I just called Express Toll and they sent me one for free.

·
F Pace Expert
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did this work any better for you? I have a new sticker on the way now..
No, nothing works. Still getting V-TOLL warnings on my monthly bill.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does your windshield have two sections along the top edge on either side of the rear view mirror that has small black dots? That’s where you put any transponder. My 2021 has them and my transponder won’t work anywhere but there.

·
Registered
2017 R Sport 3L V6 35t
45 Posts
Just out of curiosity, does your windshield have two sections along the top edge on either side of the rear view mirror that has small black dots? That’s where you put any transponder. My 2021 has them and my transponder won’t work anywhere but there.
I see a small section on each side of that group of black dots that is clear / no tint. It is the right size for our transponder stickers. Never noticed this, will give it a try with my new sticker.

an old thread came up, never saw this before but here are some pictures of that area - thanks Joe! Windshield Tint Tag Alignment

1 - 14 of 14 Posts