Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ultra Blue on black, with the optional gray/black 22's. Quite the visual impact, I must say--this is one BLUE rig.

Unlike many here, I am not a prior SVR F-Pace owner. My first F-Pace was a First Edition F-Pace S, with a crank pulley and tune from Velocity FP. We also own a 2014 XKR, so I'm familiar with the SVR's engine. Throttle tip-in in Blue Belle, even in comfort, is more instantaneous than in the XKR, for some reason. The difference between comfort/drive and dynamic/sport is not as dramatic as I had expected, more because comfort is not as dialed down as some comfort settings from other manufacturers, our Bimmer M2 for example.

On pick-up, my sales guy got on his computer and found that there are 427 SVRs in the U.S. total, at this point, with 14 total in the Western Region. Ours is the only Ultra Blue in the state of Washington. So these are rare beasts thus far. It is kind of nice not to be one of umpteeen Porsche/BMW/Audi/Mercedes SUV owners around here.

Otherwise, this thing is a hoot--great combination of old school power and new school tech. Exhaust is fun, though not that radical, really. I will say that the tech is miles above the tech from the First Edition. The better functionality means more time learning the system, but so far it seems to work, and looks like it will be reasonably intuitive over time.

Looking forward to the 2,000 mile mark, that's for sure...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ultra Blue on black, with the optional gray/black 22's. Quite the visual impact, I must say--this is one BLUE rig.

Unlike many here, I am not a prior SVR F-Pace owner. My first F-Pace was a First Edition F-Pace S, with a crank pulley and tune from Velocity FP. We also own a 2014 XKR, so I'm familiar with the SVR's engine. Throttle tip-in in Blue Belle, even in comfort, is more instantaneous than in the XKR, for some reason. The difference between comfort/drive and dynamic/sport is not as dramatic as I had expected, more because comfort is not as dialed down as some comfort settings from other manufacturers, our Bimmer M2 for example.

On pick-up, my sales guy got on his computer and found that there are 427 SVRs in the U.S. total, at this point, with 14 total in the Western Region. Ours is the only Ultra Blue in the state of Washington. So these are rare beasts thus far. It is kind of nice not to be one of umpteeen Porsche/BMW/Audi/Mercedes SUV owners around here.

Otherwise, this thing is a hoot--great combination of old school power and new school tech. Exhaust is fun, though not that radical, really. I will say that the tech is miles above the tech from the First Edition. The better functionality means more time learning the system, but so far it seems to work, and looks like it will be reasonably intuitive over time.

That's Velocity AP, not FP, of course....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats! The 427 figure applies to 2021 model year only, right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you don't notice much difference in suspension response between Comfort and the sportier setting, you may also want to consider reducing tire pressures to the lower PSI setting (not full load, which assumed 4-5 passengers + luggage, etc.). That will make the biggest difference in ride quality (letting Comfort setting feel like a real Comfort setting that actually does something).

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't notice much difference in suspension response between Comfort and the sportier setting, you may also want to consider reducing tire pressures to the lower PSI setting (not full load, which assumed 4-5 passengers + luggage, etc.). That will make the biggest difference in ride quality (letting Comfort setting feel like a real Comfort setting that actually does something).
I should have been clearer. I certainly feel the suspension difference. I was referring more to the engine/throttle. That's a pretty decent throttle for a "comfort setting." Which is not a complaint, at all--I don't see much "Eco" use in my future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not sure about the individual differences between 2021 vs. 2020 shifter, but I can pull my shift knob to the left in either of the 2 drive modes, and it really wakes up the throttle response (almost like having 4 different modes?).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure about the individual differences between 2021 vs. 2020 shifter, but I can pull my shift knob to the left in either of the 2 drive modes, and it really wakes up the throttle response (almost like having 4 different modes?).
The shifter changed between the 2020 and 2021 models. It's not a stick any more. More like a wedge with no side-to-side action possible...

·
Registered
108 Posts
What’s the proper psi for light load?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Congrats on the Ultra Blue SVR 2021. my 2019 F-Pace SVR was Ultra Blue and I always got compliments on the color. It tended to bring attention to the big beast as did the exhaust when I was pushing it. My 2021 is more refined for sure and a little quieter, but I love the 21 for the many areas of refinement that Jag made. Enjoy your's as well. It's definitely going to be a bit more peppier than you 2017 FE F-Pace.. I had one of them as well and the move to the SVR in 2019 was a big jump in power.

Reactions: hawkdawg

·
Registered
127 Posts
What’s the proper psi for light load?
The values may have changed for 2021, but I believe the value for 3 people and a piece of luggage is ~35 PSI. Even a few PSI is noticeable, so you may just try letting a couple PSI out.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Proper PSI for Light load is between 35 and 38 lbs. I normally set the cold temp at 35.

Also the main differences between the shifter in my 2019 SVR and the shifter in my 2021 SVR is that the 21 has a few more hidden capabilities but essentially works the same as the 2019 for the most part. You can shift manually and move the trans into sport mode if you want to do that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Also the main differences between the shifter in my 2019 SVR and the shifter in my 2021 SVR is that the 21 has a few more hidden capabilities but essentially works the same as the 2019 for the most part. You can shift manually and move the trans into sport mode if you want to do that.
So in my 2020, there are comfort and dynamic modes, but by moving the shift lever to the left, you get sport shift map + comfort (everything else), and sport shift map + dynamic (everything else). Not really 4 different programs, but 4 different options that use 2 different shift strategies. Are you saying the 2021 does something similar?

1. Default shift strategy + Comfort mode button
  2. Sport shift strategy + Comfort mode button
  3. Default shift strategy + Dynamic mode button
  4. Sport shift strategy + Dynamic mode button

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
yes the 2021 does something similar. I can shift between normal Drive and Sport characteristics of the transmission in no matter what mode the rest of the car is in Dynamic, Normal or Eco.

Reactions: gearFX

·
Registered
53 Posts
On the test drive (my 21svr wont be here till august) I found that strange that just by going into dynamic mode doesn't really make a difference for the transmission, so you have to put the transmission into the sport setting. That seems kind of odd to me. Usually you select race mode, or sport + etc and that controls everything.

Granted I think the benefit is you actual get a little more granular in your settings control. Like you can put transmission sport mode on in comfort. It just seems like a bit of a process to get everything in ready to fly mode.

Need to see some pics :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
On the test drive (my 21svr wont be here till august) I found that strange that just by going into dynamic mode doesn't really make a difference for the transmission, so you have to put the transmission into the sport setting. That seems kind of odd to me. Usually you select race mode, or sport + etc and that controls everything.

Granted I think the benefit is you actual get a little more granular in your settings control. Like you can put transmission sport mode on in comfort. It just seems like a bit of a process to get everything in ready to fly mode.

Need to see some pics :)
I’ve found that once you get familiar with pivi pro and your dynamic settings as well as the shift knob that it is pretty seamless. Just gotta remember how to get to those settings from the home menu kind of like an app on your phone. I did notice on one of the reviews of the new SVR a new owner commented complaining about the shift knob compared to the 2020 and they were so put off by that and the exhaust note that they said they were trading it in. So it might not be for everyone. Personally I love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve found that once you get familiar with pivi pro and your dynamic settings as well as the shift knob that it is pretty seamless. Just gotta remember how to get to those settings from the home menu kind of like an app on your phone. I did notice on one of the reviews of the new SVR a new owner commented complaining about the shift knob compared to the 2020 and they were so put off by that and the exhaust note that they said they were trading it in. So it might not be for everyone. Personally I love it.
I've had the circular thing and the new wedge now. Not had the 2020 stick. But I'm fine with the wedge so far. I just need to play with it some more, to figure out the right combos. So far, I have only played with it in dynamic on all parameters, sport, and using the paddles. Since I'm in the break-in period I don't feel comfortable hammering on it. But after 2,000 miles? It will be time to seat the rings:cool:

By the way, I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I have no clue how to post pics. I do have pretty good ones on my phone, but don't know the next steps...

·
Registered
61 Posts
posting pictures is easy...just click the "photo" icon below (the one next to the camera icon)...then find the picture on your file system and it uploads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
posting pictures is easy...just click the "photo" icon below (the one next to the camera icon)...then find the picture on your file system and it uploads.
Tried that. Put pic on Google Drive, got the url of the pic (which is one of the options given for uploading), pasted it into the box that pops up when I clicked on the photo icon, and got the message that "Something went wrong, contact your Administrator..."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts