286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which def fluid is everyone buying?

Tried to research but had to wade through tons of diesel threads

Want to keep some on hand

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I brought the 2.5 gallon pack from Walmart. As far as I understand DEF is DEF, there is no real difference between brands.

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The Royal Farms and other filling stations in my area have it for $2.85 a gallon right now ! If you don't prefer to pump it directly into your vehicle from their pumps (like some on here , not naming names , MTHM) , then just take a couple of 1-gallon containers with you when you go to fill up with diesel ! Seems pretty convenient to me , and less expensive to boot ! ;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you don't prefer to pump it directly into your vehicle from their pumps (like some on here , not naming names , MTHM) , then just take a couple of 1-gallon containers with you when you go to fill up with diesel ! Seems pretty convenient to me , and less expensive to boot ! ;)
It's not really me, it's Jaguar that says not to use the filling station pumps, because as I understand it, they may do damage to the system.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have used the Wal mart stuff for over a year in my Grand Cherokee with no ill effects. I think it all comes from the same hole in the ground, so I wouldn't worry. Planning on ordering a 20D F Pace this week if all goes well and will use the same. The best thing about these containers is the nozzle works well, they are a good used oil container, and you can do at your convenience or time schedule. No fighting big rigs in the commercial diesel lanes.. Worth it for a few bucks more.... If you still think truck stops are better... Keep the container and go refill it......

Reactions: GRVR and Caymus

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
It's not really me, it's Jaguar that says not to use the filling station pumps, because as I understand it, they may do damage to the system.
I totally understand what you are saying about the pump flow possibly being too much fr the car to handle , but to me , it seems like it would be more convenient while you are getting diesel , to go ahead and fill two tanks of DEF at the fuel station at the same time , plus SAVE Money ! Just my opinion , of course ! :)

Reactions: Caymus and MTHM

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Will buy at Walmart and refill at station
The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
592 Posts
... I think it all comes from the same hole in the ground...
Ewww. In my part of the country they use industrial urea rather than pumping outhouses.
Maybe that is why Jag recommends using their own brand ;)

Reactions: MTHM
1 - 9 of 9 Posts