Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the board and am going to a dealer an hour away Monday to try to make a deal
on a 2017 F-Pace S. My budget allows for a bare-bones S, and this one has the comfort & convenience pkg, 5 spoke 20" wheels and the red/black interior, with an MSRP of $62,177.00.

I don't need every bell & whistle and rather to wait for the 2018's and my favorite color Celesium Blue, along with the price increase and expected lack of a real discount,...and of course having to wait until May, I find myself needing to make a decision on this red one.

The current lease on my '14 Infiniti QX-70 is over the alloted miles and the tires are close to needing replacement before I turn the car in, one month short of the lease end.

Sorry about the long intro,..here is the meat of my question:

Can anyone give me a realistic idea of how best to negotiate the price down on this car? Unfortunatley I am unable to get to this dealer before end of business day and end of the month today, (the salesman mentioned the end of month thing), and said he cannot hold the car with deposit but without full payment today and be able to deal better on the price. He said it's a State of NJ thing and all docs need to be signed and full payment made to get this in within the month of March before end of business day today,...and I simply need several days to pull this off, and this need kinda popped up faster than I had planned.

I'll be paying 50% down and financing the balance for 60 months and they'll match my credit unions' rate of 2.99% with Jaguar Credit.

Can anyone lend some good advice with a realistic tactic so I can get this price down below the MSRP mentioned above by at least $2,000.00 off, and give me a good idea of how much of a discount to expect? I know these remaining 2017's seem to still be in demand and I'm a little nervous someone might buy this out from under me over the weekend.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

·
Registered
521 Posts
In addition to any negotiated deal, you should get another $1,000 off for going through Jaguar Credit. Make sure you are receiving this IN ADDITION. A couple of questions....

Which dealer are you visiting Monday?
Where are you located exactly?
How far are you willing to travel to get a great deal on a desired FP S?

Also, what are your "must have" and "must not have?"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello MGluck,

I would rather not share info related to your question about the dealer I'm planning to visit.
Do you work for or are you associated with an actual dealer? It certainly sounds so from your
questions. I'm not trying to sound harsh and i DO appreciate your reply.

What I CAN tell you is that I did consider having an F-Pace shipped to me from across the country, however
I didn't find one that met what I was looking for, which I DID mention in my post. I'm located in South Jersey
which is shown (or should be) under my screen name.

I'm simply trying to figure out how much weight the end of the month carries with regards to getting a better discount, i.e. how much specifically in the way of a discount to expect at end of month? Also, I did know about the Jag Credit $1,000., but strangely enough the dealer didn't confrim that with me on the phone. And they won't (yet) give me the bottom line price until I visit in person this Monday.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
521 Posts
The visiting in person baloney ended with the introduction of the Internet. I am in the Philly area and have communicated with a number of dealers within 100 miles of Philly....some ok and some not so ok. With the 2017's, the end of month thing should not be that big of a deal.

As many know on this forum, I have my F Pace S waiting for me at a Boston dealer. It arrived last week and I am picking it up on April 17th. I never had any pressure to pick it up before the end of March. Moreover, they have not received one penny from me. I would have sent them $1-2k, but they never asked. My experience there has been phenomenal, but maybe partly because I have been working with their General Sales Manager.

You have only shared a bit about your dealer and I can tell they are jerking you around already. If you want some specific advice, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes, personally I think the end of month deals that the dealerships tout is just to make you think you are going to get a better deal and their way of pushing you towards making a deal. I suppose in some cases if they are trying to make some quota they may be more flexible but I certainly wouldn't feel pressured to make a deal just because it is the end of the month. Like MGluck said it is the day of the internet and you can negotiate deals outside of just one dealer that may be close to you. I live in Southern California and I have three dealers within 20 minutes of me but ended up making a deal with a dealer about an hour and a half from me all through telephone calls and emails. I think a $2K below MSRP would be the minimum I would negotiate unless there are no more 2017 "S" models available in your area. The dealers should be more willing to deal on the 2017's because the 2018's are just around the corner. So, I would definitely check around with other dealers and be sure to mention the $1K Jag Credit when negotiating.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
And play it cool, Don't discuss your other lease ending etc, because they can smell it when they know you want it....!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good advise and I appreciate both responses!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Several on this forum have suggested taking the approach of negotiating an "out the door price." In other words, don't haggle the specific discounts, fees, etc. Instead, agree to a total price that includes all that stuff, taxes, etc. The dealer can worry about how to get there, and you know exactly how much comes out of your pocket when it's all said and done. That seems to make a lot of sense to me, might be something for you to consider.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks TurboDog,..I like that approach ALOT.

I suppose the question is, how much of a discount can
I expect and is Edmunds still a reliable source to show
an acurate dealer's invoice price?

I don't want to make an ignorant offer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can online invoice info be trusted (ala Edmunds, etc)?
I've read that those prices over the past 20 yrs have had the gross profit lowered
very gradually so the unsuspecting consumer thinks that what's published is true,
however it's all a big mind F***.
No one but the actual dealer knows the true cost, yadda, yadda, etc..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Can online invoice info be trusted (ala Edmunds, etc)?
I've read that those prices over the past 20 yrs have had the gross profit lowered
very gradually so the unsuspecting consumer thinks that what's published is true,
however it's all a big mind F***.
No one but the actual dealer knows the true cost, yadda, yadda, etc..
I wouldn't worry so much about invoice just try to get the best price possible. I would try for at least $4K off MSRP especially including the Jag discount.

·
Registered
258 Posts
As my dealer said to me on more than one occasion the new deals on 17MY models never get worse than the present deals so you need to check Jaguar's new incentives that will be out tomorrow. They may work out to your benefit.

Reactions: EagleJag

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you StormGrey.
Jag releases new deals on a Saturday?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I should share a "Full Moon" with the salesman that told me the end of the month jibberish ;)
Oops,..did I just break forum rules with that comment

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I should share a "Full Moon" with the salesman that told me the end of the month jibberish ;)
Oops,..did I just break forum rules with that comment
I'm not sure if any *Lines Were Crossed Here* or not , with this RISQUE comment ??? However , if you all of a sudden receive a *PM* from a *Moderator* , then you will have your answer !!! ;)

Reactions: ILoopThem
1 - 17 of 17 Posts