Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some quality time plowing through the manual, here is a list of items that can be enabled/disabled by the dealer:

Passive arming
Daytime running lamps
Speed-Dependent Mode
Drip Wipe
Auto Mirror Fold

There are lots more you can set yourself through the car menus (like [FONT=&quot]changing the locks from single to multi-point entry), [/FONT]but you might want to have these the way you want them as you take delivery.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
After some quality time plowing through the manual, here is a list of items that can be enabled/disabled by the dealer:

Passive arming
Speed-Dependent Mode
Drip Wipe
What do each of these items do ?

Thanks
DP

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
If you have time to tear your F-Pace to pieces certainly you have time to find the manual and RTFM :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you have time to tear your F-Pace to pieces certainly you have time to find the manual and RTFM :)
Unless he started the tearing to pieces with the manual :) LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Drip Wipe

Windshield wash/wipe: Pull and release to operate the front washers and wipers. The wipers operate for 2 further wipes after the wiper/washer control is released. After a few seconds, a drip wipe function clears any residual washer fluid from the windshield. If more washer fluid is required, pull and hold the wiper/washer control's position.

Rear window wash/wipe: Press and release to operate the rear washer and wiper. The wiper operates in a set cycle to minimize drips when the button is released. If more washer fluid is required, push and hold the button.

If the drip wipe function is configured, the wipers operate a few seconds after a wash and wipe cycle has finished. The drip wipe function clears any remaining drips from the windshield.

DRIP WIPE
If the drip wipe function is configured, the wipers operate a few seconds after a wash and wipe cycle has finished. The dripwipe function clears any remaining drips fromthewindshield.
This feature can be enabled and disabled by retailer/authorized repairer.

Passive Entry/Exit (Arming)

Passive entry allows the vehicle to be opened if a smart key is within 39 in (1 m) of the door handle or the luggage compartment exterior switch.

The smart key may not be detected if it is inside a metal container, or is shielded by a device with a back- lit LCD screen, e.g., a smartphone. Keep the smart key clear of such devices when attempting passive entry, passive locking or push button starting.

The passive entry sensor is located on the inner surface of the door handle. Grip and pull the door handle to open the door. The vehicle unlocks, the alarm system disarms, and the hazard warning lights flash twice to confirm unlocking. If power-fold mirrors are enabled, they fold out.

Passive locking activates only if the smart key is detected outside of the vehicle. If no smart key is present, no locking does occur.
To operate passive locking:

1. Lock sensor area: To lock the vehicle, touch only the lock sensor once without gripping the door handle. The hazard warning lights flash once to confirm locking.

Note:

Do not grip the door handle while touching the sensor; doing so prevents the vehicle from locking.
When using passive locking, the vehicle does NOT lock when:
1. any door(s) is open.
2. the hood is open.
3. the luggage compartment is not fully closed.
4. the ignition is on.
No audible mislock error warning is given. The hazard warning lights do not flash and the power-fold mirrors (if enabled) do not fold in.
Make sure that the ignition is switched off, and that all of the doors, the hood and the luggage compartment are closed properly. Lock the vehicle again. If the mislock persists, consult your retailer/authorized repairer.
LOCK CONFIRMATION
If you are uncertain whether the vehicle is locked and armed, press the lock button on the smart key. With passive entry, touch an exterior door handle lock sensor. The hazard warning lights flash once to indicate and confirm the current lock status.
Note:
If the vehicle is not already locked and armed, pressing the lock button locks the vehicle.

MISLOCK

When locking the vehicle with the smart key, a mislock can occur if:
1. One or more of the doors, the hood, or the luggage compartment is not fully closed.
2. The ignition is switched on.
3. A smart key is left inside the vehicle.
If any of the above are present, the vehicle does NOT lock and an audible mislock error warning sounds. The hazard warning lights do not flash and the power-fold mirrors (if enabled) do not fold in. Check that all of the doors, the hood, and the luggage compartment are closed properly. Make sure the ignition is switched off and lock the vehicle again. If the mislock persists, consult a retailer/authorized repairer.

SPEED-DEPENDENT MODE
If the vehicle's speed drops below 5 mph (8 km/h) with the wipers operating, the wipers switch to the next lowest speed.When the vehicle's speed increases to over 5 mph (8 km/h), the original wiper speed setting isrestored.
Vehicles without a rain sensor fitted also increase the frequency of the intermittent front wipe when the vehicle's speedincreases.
This feature can be enabled/disabled by a Retailer/Authorized Repairer.

Well I guess that's got most of it. BTW that is from the online owners manual. If you want a PDF copy just send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you or you can download it I think from @VZX-CO. I think it is on a media-fire server.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ok our dealer must have set all this up for us we didnt ask anything special of them for any of this but ours does all this right from the dealer

·
Registered
448 Posts
ok our dealer must have set all this up for us we didnt ask anything special of them for any of this but ours does all this right from the dealer
I think you misunderstood what was stated. By default all cars come with folding/unfolding side mirrors when unlocking/locking car. Some would prefer that mirrors always stay unfolded and only dealer can change the setting that mirrors are always unfolded. I certainly don't care about mirrors unfolding/folding every time I hit unlock/lock my car. I was convinced that it would be one of the first adjustments I would do but I have not yet.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ok i thought he was saying you had to go to the dealer to get these features turned on

·
Registered
448 Posts
ok i thought he was saying you had to go to the dealer to get these features turned on
No biggy... I figured:). You still not completely incorrect since if the features are turned off then only dealer can turn them on. But like I said - by default they are turned on.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
It would be nice to get the ability to turn off mirrors open close via the car and not the dealer. What happens come winter and the car is parked outside. It gets covered in snow (well ice here in TX) then you go to unlock the car and bust a mirrior motor .

DP

·
Registered
406 Posts
It would be nice to get the ability to turn off mirrors open close via the car and not the dealer. What happens come winter and the car is parked outside. It gets covered in snow (well ice here in TX) then you go to unlock the car and bust a mirrior motor .

DP
I saw that function in the setting menu between the gauge.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I assumed you could turn off the mirrors default option. My mirrors never closed themselves until one day about 2 months ago when I closed them after I parked because of the street I was on. After that day they close every time I lock the doors.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't like drip wipe. It smears dirt around the windshield after it was successfully cleaned up. Especially annoying at night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts