Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife took the Fpace on a business trip Sunday night. Got back to the airport late Tuesday night to find the battery completely depleted (nope, not a dumb blonde--no accessories left on). Not even enough juice to open the door. It took Jag's roadside assistance almost 2 hours to get a truck out. In the meantime, we called airport police, who connected her to the on-site towing company who provided a jump.

So, naturally I am suspect of ICTP cycling on and off, or something like that, to cause the battery to fail in such a short time.

Anybody else experience this? I know there is one thread about "low battery warning", and our problem may just be the same issue, just "deader".

PS Make sure you read through your owner's manual and become familiar with how to insert the emergency key into the handle. Its hard to find in a cold, dark parking lot.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I had the low battery warning a month ago while cleaning the car but no issues since then. I also had the super update a week later. Did you get the super update yet? Also, have you taken the car to the dealer yet regarding the battery?

Many of us are traveling for the holidays I assume. The last thing we need to worry about is coming back to dead cars.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposedly we did get the "super update". I'm not really sure because most seem to say that if you don't have the ASI icon in the lower right corner of the screen, you don't have the update. And we still have the "park assist" icon in the right corner. But that could be just the combination of options, I don't know...

I will take it in on Monday for the battery thing and a couple other minor glitches, but I think this is going to be hard to diagnose. If the culprit is the ICTP, it would have to fail while they have it, otherwise we'll get the usual "unable to recreate the problem" statement.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Good luck and let us know what the dealer says.

And if you had the the super update, the navigation icon on the bottom of the screen would have changed. A few posters were kind enough to take a pic of their screen after the super update, so if you can find those pics on the forum, it will allow you to see if you have the old or new navigation icon. If you have the old navigation icon, then your car has not yet had the super update.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
With the remote app, you can tell the car to go to sleep as far as connectivity and wake up at a predetermined interval. I'm wondering if that should be used for longer trips. However, when I read the headline of the thread, I figured you guys had been away from the vehicle for 2 weeks or more. To have a dead battery after 3 days, I think I'd go to the dealer and ask them what the heck? That shouldn't happen. I've left my F-pace at my marina when I've gone on 5 to 7 days trips in my boat and never had any issue with starting the F-Pace when I returned. I'd definitely have the dealership look at it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
With the remote app, you can tell the car to go to sleep as far as connectivity and wake up at a predetermined interval.
From the description in the app, I don't believe you can tell the car to go to sleep. It goes to sleep after 4 days no matter what you do. But you can schedule it to wake up on a specific date. I'm using the Android app; maybe it's different for Apple users. It sounds like a feature that you can only use to make your battery drain faster.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Electronics in cars today are VERY interconnected.

On my previous Audi, there was a glitch that caused the turn signal module to turn on the radio amplifier when the car was turned off. This of course drained the battery. My car was in the shop for 3 weeks before they finally figured this out.

Fortunately for me, the problem was not one isolated incident, so they knew there actually was something wrong happening. Of course the first effort at fixing it was just to replace the battery. Naturally the new battery died just as quickly as the first one.

All this occurred 5 days after I had received my new car (that I had ordered).

All this is to say that you may have some kind of problem that nobody else has experienced.

Kerry

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
From the description in the app, I don't believe you can tell the car to go to sleep. It goes to sleep after 4 days no matter what you do. But you can schedule it to wake up on a specific date. I'm using the Android app; maybe it's different for Apple users. It sounds like a feature that you can only use to make your battery drain faster.
Correct. Also ICTP computer completely shuts down once vehicle turned off and locked. The telematics unit, which is a separate system does remain active to service Remote requests and for theft monitoring but that has its own several batteries.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Correct. Also ICTP computer completely shuts down once vehicle turned off and locked. The telematics unit, which is a separate system does remain active to service Remote requests and for theft monitoring but that has its own several batteries.
So let's say one us will be traveling for a week, other than turn the car off and lock the doors, is there any specific protocol (regarding the car, the apps., etc.) we would need to follow to help ensure that we don't come back to a dead battery? Sounds like there's not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Would it be helpful at all to delete the apps. from my phone and just reinstall them when I get back into town?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live in Boston in the South End, I don't drive much, and sometimes I find myself going a week 3-4 days without driving (I'll use Uber or the T in town). I also travel frequently for work and leave my F-Pace in the building garage. In the 3 months I've had the car I have not had any issues with battery drainage. I'm not expert, but if you can't leave your car for 7 days without the battery going dead, I think you have a larger problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was so weird! I finally picked my car up from the dealer today and as they gave me the key with the car still running, i saw a "low battery" flash in between my speed gauges. I just started it again and it didn't display the warning. The night before I picked it up, I checked my Jaguar app and it said my door was open...Hope it was just a minor glitch...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Never had that problem with any other vehicle when going away for up to two weeks but now that I am forewarned i have a trickle charger that I am going to connect to my vehicle when I go on holidays a few weeks from now. I leave my vehicle in a private garage at my house.

Better safe than sorry. I have not looked at the manual for the charging terminals, I assume under the front hood?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Was so weird! I finally picked my car up from the dealer today and as they gave me the key with the car still running, i saw a "low battery" flash in between my speed gauges. I just started it again and it didn't display the warning. The night before I picked it up, I checked my Jaguar app and it said my door was open...Hope it was just a minor glitch...
there's a chance service folks did not use a charger when doing work which most procedures specify be used

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
So let's say one us will be traveling for a week, other than turn the car off and lock the doors, is there any specific protocol (regarding the car, the apps., etc.) we would need to follow to help ensure that we don't come back to a dead battery? Sounds like there's not, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Would it be helpful at all to delete the apps. from my phone and just reinstall them when I get back into town?
No, it has nothing to with apps unless you use remote to set a time car should wake up and listen for remote contact and then it only wakes telematics, as noted previously all communications systems run off their own set of batteries. this person had a one off problem of unknown origins, let's not all overreact.

·
Registered
390 Posts
We've been away for more than 2 weeks on holidays without the F-Pace and have returned to find it start right up...with no low battery warning and having taken no action other than locking it before we went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have the same issue with the dead battery. I jump started it and drove it for about an hour and everything was fine, parked it in the garage for the night only to find the battery was dead again the following morning. It has happened to me three times. I think the problem is related to the little fans in the LED headlights, they never turn off and I believe they are draining the battery because on the few occasions I have heard them on (even when F-Pace is turned off and locked) is when I get the dead battery the following morning. I have listened to them spinning for hours after I turned the car off.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hello,

I have the same issue with the dead battery. I jump started it and drove it for about an hour and everything was fine, parked it in the garage for the night only to find the battery was dead again the following morning. It has happened to me three times. I think the problem is related to the little fans in the LED headlights, they never turn off and I believe they are draining the battery because on the few occasions I have heard them on (even when F-Pace is turned off and locked) is when I get the dead battery the following morning. I have listened to them spinning for hours after I turned the car off.
I recall reading in another thread , from quite awhile ago , that someone else was saying they had this same issue , with the fans running through the night for hours !
Unfortunately , I don't recall any other information pertaining to it ! :(
In the *Search Bar* at the top right side of each page , type *headlight fans* , and maybe you will find the post !!! I'm not sure whether or not it was within a thread about batteries !!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I can tell you right now..whatever the reason the fans are running for hours is, it ain't right...dealer time.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
We've been away for more than 2 weeks on holidays without the F-Pace and have returned to find it start right up...with no low battery warning and having taken no action other than locking it before we went away.
I go away for 3 months in the winter on my other cars, no battery tender etc...and they start right up when I get home . One has a 6 yr old battery in it.... Something def wrong there..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hello,

Take it to the dealer. Another member had this issue and the dealer was able to address.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts