Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious , I noticed in the *What's your home screen layout* Thread , post #11 from Anenoso , that on his climate buttons right beside the drivers side Red Heat Arrow , the next button on his says *Sync* , but on mine the next button says *Auto* ! Both vehicles appear to have ICTP screens ! Would like to see if anyone knows why there would be a difference , and also see if we can figure out which model car or which packaged optioned vehicles have *Sync* and which ones have *Auto* ???
The first picture is mine , an *S* model w/ ICTP , Vision , C & C , Driver Assist , & Luxury !
Second picture is of Anesoso's , not sure what his model is , or what options he has !

Thanks for your participation , in advance !!! :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Just curious , I noticed in the *What's your home screen layout* Thread , post #11 from Anenoso , that on his climate buttons right beside the drivers side Red Heat Arrow , the next button on his says *Sync* , but on mine the next button says *Auto* ! Both vehicles appear to have ICTP screens ! Would like to see if anyone knows why there would be a difference , and also see if we can figure out which model car or which packaged optioned vehicles have *Sync* and which ones have *Auto* ???
The first picture is mine , an *S* model w/ ICTP , Vision , C & C , Driver Assist , & Luxury !
Second picture is of Anesoso's , not sure what his model is , or what options he has !

Very strange. Mine says sync, poor quality control from Jaguar? Maybe they ran out of sync buttons so replaced it with auto haha >:)

Reactions: GRVR and Gorgon

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very strange. Mine says sync, poor quality control from Jaguar? Maybe they ran out of sync buttons so replaced it with auto haha >:)
I probably wouldn't have questioned it , had his had the ICT ! But I know I can access a Sync Option on the Touchscreen , so didn't understand why his had it down below as well ! I wonder if yours doesn't have the Sync Option on the Touchscreen ???

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That's odd. I have the Sync button. It syncs the passenger side temperature to the drivers side. Wonder if the wrong button was installed or if that's a feature of the Luxury pack? I have Tech, DA, Comfort packs on my S.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
153 Posts
My "S" has the sync button which I really appreciate because my wife is constantly messing with the temperature. When I get in the car alone I just hit sync. I didn't get the ITCP (Glad) and my controls look exactly like Anenoso's.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine says Auto and I have the luxury pack. Maybe it has to do with the rear controls being part of the system. GRVR do you have the luxury package?

·
Registered
258 Posts

I know it is not relevant to the "SYNC" but he did not have the latest ICTP update when that picture was taken. On the tabs on the bottom he does not have the seat tab and he still shows the race flag and wrench instead of ASI.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine says Auto and I have the luxury pack. Maybe it has to do with the rear controls being part of the system. GRVR do you have the luxury package?
Yes , on the Luxury Package !

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it is not relevant to the "SYNC" but he did not have the latest ICTP update when that picture was taken. On the tabs on the bottom he does not have the seat tab and he still shows the race flag and wrench instead of ASI.
Yes , I noticed that too , but as you said , that wouldn't have anything to do with the Hard Buttons down below !

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking maybe you are right ! It seems that the ones without the Luxury Package , are saying they have the *Sync* Button ! I would like to know if the ones who have the *Sync* button , do not have the Sync Option on the Touchscreen ???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, I think I know the answer to this one! If you have th 4-Zone Climate Control system, it says "Auto" next to the Driver's side temp controls. If not 4-Zone, then says "Sync". Whew, I hope that's right. Lol. Kinda cool to have each zone have their own automatic functions. For those who have the 4-Zone climate, is the rear fan speed independent of the front?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I think I know the answer to this one! If you have th 4-Zone Climate Control system, it says "Auto" next to the Driver's side temp controls. If not 4-Zone, then says "Sync". Whew, I hope that's right. Lol. Kinda cool to have each zone have their own automatic functions. For those who have the 4-Zone climate, is the rear fan speed independent of the front?
As far as I know , the Rear Fan Speed is NOT Independent from the Front ! And that Ticks me off , because I was under the impression that the Rear Passengers would be able to control their own environment back there , to which I would think would include Fan Speed !

Reactions: Jagger11

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
As far as I know , the Rear Fan Speed is NOT Independent from the Front ! And that Ticks me off , because I was under the impression that the Rear Passengers would be able to control their own environment back there , to which I would think would include Fan Speed !
I thought there is a fan speed control in the rear seats when you have the luxury package? So if someone in the rear seats turns the fan to 1 your saying the fronts fan speed will change with it? If that is the case id get my money back because that would seriously p*ss me off.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought there is a fan speed control in the rear seats when you have the luxury package? So if someone in the rear seats turns the fan to 1 your saying the fronts fan speed will change with it? If that is the case id get my money back because that would seriously p*ss me off.
Yep ! That is the case with ours at least ! I am hoping it is just another one of the Jaguar F-Pace "electrical flaws" , that can be remedied with an easy fix ! We shall see ! I still Love my F-Pace ! ;)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
278 Posts
My S (w/lux) has the AUTO button. Prefer that hard button over SYNC button.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
THANKS to everyone , for all the responses ! It sounds to me like :
#1 - If you don't have the Luxury Package , then you have the *Sync* Button , and not the *Auto* !
#2 - If you have the *Sync* Button , then you do not have the *Sync* Option on the Touchscreen !

Not really a big deal either way , but was just curious ! Thanks again !

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an R-Sport with the Lux Pack and my button says "Auto" with Sync on the Touchscreen

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So since I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed... If you have LUX and 2 auto buttons, you HAVE sync but only on the touch screen?

If you "Sync" them, is it the drivers control up and down only that controls the touchscreen applied sync? If a rear passenger messes with a temp, does that void out the "Sync" setting?

Still lots to learn....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts