Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup. I curbed another wheel. This is the third one. Back to the dealer to have his "wheel guy" fix it so it looks like new again. Another $150 bucks down the drain. This car is a money pit!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
You might want to consider this ! >:)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yup. I curbed another wheel. This is the third one. Back to the dealer to have his "wheel guy" fix it so it looks like new again. Another $150 bucks down the drain. This car is a money pit!
Trek, the real question is how and why do you keep hitting the curb?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
clearly you should have bought the tire/wheel warranty :laugh:

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do you mind me asking what wheel you have? I'm guessing 22" if it's an S?

My 20" Venoms seem well protected by the extra tire rubber but I still get nervous every time I park next to a curb...

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Trek, you gotta stop drifting the corners, that's what they make Hondas for.:eek:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Seriously, you have an S, so I assume maybe the 360 degree cameras? When I am uncertain about curbs while parking, I activate the side camera, it points down at the front wheel, easy to get right up next to the concrete without a rub. If you are hitting curbs while cornering, perhaps get a couple of those flags on fiberglass poles and affix them to the corners of the FPace.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I don't believe the car being a money pit is your problem....nuff said...;)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I would have purchases some type of warranty post-buy, especially after the 3rd time. Someone needs to take their drivers test again ;)

Just kidding, I have 20in wheels and went around the corner to quick and the right rear side of the car flew up in the air (a little dramatic) none the less I have a pretty nice scuff mark. Happens to the best of us.

Reactions: JWreck and DPK

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't parking. I was rac... er, uh driving. I always use the 360 to park. The 22 inch Pirelli P-Zero summer tires that came with the car do have a little rubber overhang to protect the wheels. However, the Continental ExtremeContact All-Seasons still on my car do not have that protection. I"m getting the summers put back on this Friday. I'll get my wheel redone a week from this Thursday. The bad news is the restoration will likely remove the Ceramic Pro from the wheel. Dang Nabbit!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Asked and answered... speed racer here doesn't really pay attention to curbs when he's driving fast I guess ;) lol

Reactions: bpmba

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Asked and answered... speed racer here doesn't really pay attention to curbs when he's driving fast I guess ;) lol
I'm inclined to think the result of hitting a curb at speed would be more dramatic than a scuffed wheel.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I'm inclined to think the result of hitting a curb at speed would be more dramatic than a scuffed wheel.
Im not sure either, I was driving at like 20 mph so the scuff is pretty evident so maybe thats what he means by rac-er driving..? haha

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to take a geezer defensive driving course :)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have a small scuff on my front right wheel. That's one downside of the 22s, the curbs are all much taller than the sidewall. :( And everywhere I drive there are curbs looking to jump out and bite the wheel.

Reactions: JagFPace1

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Are y'all texting while driving or what? I've never had this issue.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You live in TX where there are no curbs. ;)

Any time I park in the city it's typically a parallel park where there's a curb you need to try to get close to without hitting.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
You live in TX where there are no curbs.

Any time I park in the city it's typically a parallel park where there's a curb you need to try to get close to without hitting.
I live in Austin and there are plenty of curbs, not sure what part of Texas you've been to that has no curbs, but it wouldn't matter; one curb or many, if you don't know where your car is in relation to the curb you need more practice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts