Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello F-Pace Forum,

I am here today because I am looking into getting my dad a gift for his birthday but I have no idea on what to get him or where to start and was hoping you guys could help me out. My father is 55 years of age and still working as a managing railway engineer. He has just treated himself to a new 2017 Jaguar f-Pace and I must admit he is loving it, from driving around to spending every weekend cleaning and buffing her up to a pristine condition. So the obvious thing would be something to help clean his car, but he has everything he needs to clean his car. And like most other things in his life, he has. He's one of them guys that if he needs something he will just go to get it.

So, I'm assuming you guys own f-Pace's, what would you like from your son on your birthday that will have some relevance to you f-Pace? I have a budget of £600 and would rather I didn't go too far over (I'm not rich) I have done some research into merchandise and things but a toy car just isn't going to cut the cake with my father. One other thing, I realised while searching for gifts that there are a lot of, f-Pace's for sale online, why is this? Did everyone just buy one drive it for a couple of months and then decided they didn't like it? or is there some other problems people are running into?

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and seeing what suggestions you have that could help me get a nice gift for my father!

Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Since you're giving your spend amount in GBP, I assume you're in the UK? Have you asked on that forum?

A day at the track or an off-road experience would be a great gift, IMO.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
If he hasn't done it already how about a gift cert for having a portion of vehicle wrapped with protective film? Would make cleaning much easier and help keep it looking like new, would recommend font portion and the black plastic on the window/door pillars.

Reactions: baherrick

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I agree with VZX, a gift cert for some jag merchandise or some protection for the F-pace like film or opticoat pro or something like that would be something I'd like. If he has the cheaper standard mats for the inside, upgrading them to the plusher ones would be nice as well. Giving him a set of WeatherTech Matts for protection during the raining times or winter would also be something that could be appreciated.

I would love my kids to give me a track day with the F-Pace like bpmba suggested, but they might also have to give me the new tires afterwards since I owed probably chew them up with all the fun I would be having on the track.

·
Registered
458 Posts
LED lights is cheap and well within your budget but effective upgrade that I am sure most us would love to have. I will be upgrading mine once I get my F-Pace delivered. To me it's no brainer after seeing pictures in this thread.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/f-p...my-premium-night-now-led-headlight-bulbs.html

If your dad has black rims on his F-Pace I would consider buying red caliper protectors. @Brian might have other cool ideas that fit in your budget.

·
Registered
98 Posts
..........spending every weekend cleaning and buffing her up to a pristine condition. So the obvious thing would be something to help clean his car, but he has everything he needs to clean his car.
Don't know what your Mum would think, but your Dad may find this gift of something to help clean his F-Pace entertaining.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hey PaceJake ! If you are indeed , asking for "opinions" , I would like to offer mine ! ;)
IMO , "things" for the Jag , indeed cost money , but I feel that *TIME* spent with YOU , would be *PRICELE$$* !!! :D
So , I kinda like bpmba's idea of a "Track Day" or "Off-Road / On-Road Adventure" or just a simple *Weekend Road Trip* , just as long as YOU are there to partake in the festivities with him !
I can't help but think of how much that *TIME* spent together would mean to him ! :)

Now , if you agree with the *Spending Time Together* idea , but still would like a Great Present , I think it would be pretty darn COOL if you went to an aftermarket company , and have them mount a *TRAIN HORN* underneath your Fathers F-Pace somewhere , seeings how he spent many years as a *Railway Engineer* !!! >:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice that you are able to spend some real money on a gift! But I really like the Jag coffee mug I got for myself so you might add in something like that too.

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
337 Posts
hmmmm when i saw the title " Dads birthday coming up, help" I thought the Fpace was the actual gift!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some great replies here guys, Rifleman62 has a great idea ;)

A track day sounds awesome and I will go along with him! The plastic film you guys are speaking of, I have never heard of this before so I will have to do a little research into it. The LED lights look like a winner to me, much brighter and better to look at!

What can you guys tell me about this plastic film that wraps around the panels on the Jag?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Some great replies here guys, Rifleman62 has a great idea ;)

A track day sounds awesome and I will go along with him! The plastic film you guys are speaking of, I have never heard of this before so I will have to do a little research into it. The LED lights look like a winner to me, much brighter and better to look at!

What can you guys tell me about this plastic film that wraps around the panels on the Jag?
It's basically paint protection film. Here is a link to XPel which is one type of film. 3M also makes it and there are others. The idea is it is a film you apply to the vehicle and it protects it from chipping, fading, light scratches, etc. Also makes it really shiny. You can google car film protection and get a lot of information.

XPEL Protective Films - XPEL

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
As a dad, I would be happy with a big ole steak, and baked potato, with my son buying! Spending time with him is the most important thing.
Time is more important than anything... I wish my Dad was still here so I could buy for him.... I did have the joy of helping him buy a new car he wanted a few years before he died. He was speechless when we picked it up and the dealer said it was already paid for....:eek:

Reactions: Rifleman62 and GRVR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have decided to go with the LED head lights because they just look awesome, where can I find them? And then I have found some Jaguar accessories here Used jaguar accessories for sale in Toronto, Canada that my father would love. There are things like F-Pace custom wheel nuts, carbon fibre key case and carbon fibre licence plate frames etc. Have any of you guys got any of these accessories?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts